• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lich is like the best pub support. Infinite mana. Infinite harass. Auto lane control. Good animation and base damage. Burst. Fire and forget AoE. Never falls behind in levels. Can salvage any lane just by sitting there and denying and nuking. Frost Armor is the shit.

ElyrionX

Lich is like the best pub support. Infinite mana. Infinite harass. Auto lane control. Good animation and base damage. Burst. Fire and forget AoE. Never falls behind in levels. Can salvage any lane just by sitting there and denying and nuking. Frost Armor is the shit.

All good until that moment late game where you realize that your cores are underfarmed because you took all the kills from them with your ult and your face is getting smashed in by the opposing carry. Yeah.......

NBtoaster

Also boring as hell.

Acti

Who tha fuck plays Lich as support dude?

ye6NXwM.jpg

NO ONE.

Nirvana

Just had a two stack try and pick on me and a Lycan all game despite their insane feeding spree. The old stack mentality at its finest.

Fuchsdh

All good until that moment late game where you realize that your cores are underfarmed because you took all the kills from them with your ult and your face is getting smashed in by the opposing carry. Yeah.......

Sheepstick + Shiva. For most games I honestly don't think it matters who's getting the kills, what matters is coordinating ganks and pushing lanes when they're all dead. As long as Lich is channeling that coin towards support items, the team's certainly seeing benefits.

(Definitely love the hero--Lich and Razor were my jams back in the day, before they changed Razor to an INT hero and made me sad.)

Acinixys

Okay, thats it, i'm absolutely done with dota.

Call me when invoker stop being in every goddamn winning the game by itself.

I heard swapper's pretty good.

Im feeling this as well

Every single game theres an EMP - Tornado Invoker. Its the most baby mode, annoying build in the world. The instant invoker has those 2 spells online is GG for you and your team

From 6 minutes into the game you will never have any mana for fights, because you will get insta EMP'd

Quesa

God I wish I could pubstomp with Naga. Instead I just fuck up ult initiations and everyone tells me to play support and we lose

rezuth

Im feeling this as well

Every single game theres an EMP - Tornado Invoker. Its the most baby mode, annoying build in the world. The instant invoker has those 2 spells online is GG for you and your team

From 6 minutes into the game you will never have any mana for fights, because you will get insta EMP'd

Get stuns and gankers. Get a diffusal I dunno, something man! GOTTA MAKE A MOVE!

Lycan is awesome at the moment, he's almost as OP as he was during TI2.
Farm jungle, get rosh, get BKB + basher and fuck everything up.

GG...

Jungle was harder with him just now than I thought it would be. I am good with NP... but I had to run back to fountain 3 times with Lycan. Suggestions?

rezuth

Jungle was harder with him just now than I thought it would be. I am good with NP... but I had to run back to fountain 3 times with Lycan. Suggestions?

I mean it depends on the camps and what they spawn etc but I assume you're starting with the easy camp etc? What do you buy?

I hope we get a puck set soon. I like seeing new heroes getting items.

Edit: Regalia of the Wraithlord progress
Looks like it'll be done very soon. The new cape looks a lot better than the original design, it's more true to the Skeleton King item.

Pratfall

I like playing support but if i play cm and all the carries in my team fail miserably its a little harder for me as her to get kills.

Play a ganking support like Nyx, hero is so much fun. Also, with CM, if you can get a hero without disables alone, frostbite into ult will kill most anyone.

I hope Sven or Kunkka gets a new sword, thats something we haven't seen yet.

Pugna's been interesting. He had one item in the year and a half he was workshop ready and then suddenly 3 sets in the span of one month.

I kind of feel that Elder Titan might be the same situation, but we'll see.

I mean it depends on the camps and what they spawn etc but I assume you're starting with the easy camp etc? What do you buy?

I did the same route I did with NP, so medium / hard camp first. Going to steal the ez camp twice next time I try him.
Is midas viable on him? Or not necessary?

inkls

Wait who are we talking about here? I can't tell? Is it Lion? Lina? Witch Doctor? Earthshaker? Shadow Shaman? Sand King? Phoenix? Venomancer? Bane? Jakiro? Disruptor? Ogre magi? Ancient Apparition?

Also, what is assist gold and xp range?

rezuth

I did the same route I did with NP, so medium / hard camp first. Going to steal the ez camp twice next time I try him.
Is midas viable on him? Or not necessary?

I wouldn't Midas, it slows him down too much unless you can get it via a FB or something and have it by 6mins maybe. Just go vlads etc and rush to rosh.

Pratfall

Lol, sometimes I love my tier.

RD, team picks Invoker, Pudge, Centaur, Beastmaster, I am last pick, I grab one of the only good supports left, Windrunner. I buy courier and wards and then am inexplicably given safe lane farm with beastmaster as support, we stomp all over them.

Next game: I first pick DP ask for mid, team then picks Bristle, Meepo, Beastmaster, Viper. Sweet. I buy wards, courier, flying upgrade and buy wards throughout the game while still going mid against an invoker. We still stomp all over them. Literally nothing else matters at my tier except some semblance of teamwork and good pushing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hope we get a puck set soon. I like seeing new heroes getting items.

Edit: Regalia of the Wraithlord progress

Looks like it'll be done very soon. The new cape looks a lot better than the original design, it's more true to the Skeleton King item.

Will existing Bonelord items get updated automatically, or is this going to be something I'd have to buy again?

Will existing Bonelord items get updated automatically, or is this going to be something I'd have to buy again?

Updated automatically.

Also uhhh... according to Matt, Techies have portrait data now. Which means they're incredibly close to being done (at least model wise).

That came out of left field, wow. Techies for F2P Movie? When Phoenix got portrait data it was only a matter of weeks before he was added...

Mohasus

Yup, but sometimes I see some lichs going nova first and then 3-1-1, so they do nothing during the lane phase because they don't have mana. :/

Been running a slightly different build on my NP the last few games to good success.

Midas into treads into necro 3 into desolator into shadow blade.

Getting shadow blade late, has allowed me to split push in the more crucial part of the game and teams aren't adapting. If I go to shadow blade first teams will always have dust / detection, but if most of the game goes on without me split pushing / them needing detection they usually forgo it totally at the end because everyone will be full on items aside from the squishy supports.

inkls

Been running a slightly different build on my NP the last few games to good success.

Midas into treads into necro 3 into desolator into shadow blade.

Getting shadow blade late, has allowed me to split push in the more crucial part of the game and teams aren't adapting. If I go to shadow blade first teams will always have dust / detection, but if most of the game goes on without me split pushing / them needing detection they usually forgo it totally at the end because everyone will be full on items aside from the squishy supports.

I love playing clockwerk vs a shadowblade np. Buy dust. They never expect it or see it coming due to the range of the ult.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lich always felt more like an off lane support, great with another aggressive dood to screw over the enemy safe lane, but can't really protect a carry him self. But between him and cm, you are pretty golden on supports.

Taborcarn

I think I'm done with ability draft for now. I played against a BH last night that had Meepo's ult and Tinker rockets. No one could even get within a wide radius of him without being nuked to death. By the time BKBs would have come in to play it was too late...

rezuth

I think I'm done with ability draft for now. I played against a BH last night that had Meepo's ult and Tinker rockets. No one could even get within a wide radius of him without being nuked to death. By the time BKBs would have come in to play it was too late...

That sounds amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom