• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
while i see its been working out for you, i cant get over the scepter. such a useless item until late game. i go veil of discord for early mid game which gives you a lot more and much cheaper. then you can go scepter

My man.

Lich always felt more like an off lane support, great with another aggressive dood to screw over the enemy safe lane, but can't really protect a carry him self. But between him and cm, you are pretty golden on supports.

CM for babysitting your cary and Lich + a strong off lane hero for harassing is indeed amazing. It's even better when you go against a team with a bunch of squishy hard carries(pubs :D).

Edit: AA + Clock is also great for early game annoyance.

mfaex

Also with all this techies hype.....

Can someone fill me in on why? I never played Dota 1

Techies is one of the ultimate troll heroes. I think a passable description is "the person who's playing techies is often the only one having fun." Granted how true that is is up for debate.
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Goblin_Techies Set explosives, blow people up, blow yourself up,
get wildly underleveled without contributing anything particularly useful to your team.
And the salt, so much salt. This thread, and reddit, and everywhere else is going to be angry for weeks.

Thought process when reading this post

"Oh, let's see..."
"Eh boring tournament stuff I won't use"
"Eh... even more tournament stuff... this is getting wordy, I'll just skim it..."
"Do I have one of those Skywrath staffs? I can't remember"
"Oh neat, a Bane animation fix"
"Eh... guess that's it. Oh well, decent enough I guess."
"Oh, he found another pitlord.gif"
"Wait... there's more?"
"TECHIES"

I'm surprised there aren't more random comments on your site about Techies. The tournament stuff is neat or whatever, but Techies portrait data is good stuff.

Fuchsdh

Techies is one of the ultimate troll heroes. I think a passable description is "the person who's playing techies is often the only one having fun." Granted how true that is is up for debate.
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Goblin_Techies Set explosives, blow people up, blow yourself up,
get wildly underleveled without contributing anything particularly useful to your team.
And the salt, so much salt. This thread, and reddit, and everywhere else is going to be angry for weeks.
I wouldn't say he doesn't contribute anything useful to the team, but rather how he contributes is far different from any other hero.

Your description of Techies being the only one having fun is prolly apt though. A good techies could make an entire team rage quit.

Pratfall

While I don't think Techies shouldn't be added or anything, another hero that increases the necessity of having good supports that buy detection will surely decrease the quality of games at my tier.

Razzer

I really want to learn to play techies well when he comes out. I can imagine he's a ton of fun if you are the one playing him. Also, he seems a lot more academic in how you play him well, it's about placement and strategy rather than reflexes and mechanics. I like that.

mfaex

I wouldn't say he doesn't contribute anything useful to the team, but rather how he contributes is far different from any other hero.

Your description of Techies being the only one having fun is prolly apt though. A good techies could make an entire team rage quit.

Oh I don't think he doesn't contribute. I love Techies. But that spoiler is how many games alongside Techies go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL1xp_y47vc
Tiny toss range has been buffed at levels 1-3 since this video was made, bwahaha.

Techies is a hero without the power to turn a game around if it goes badly, but a hero with the power to make actually winning a won game a long, slow, painful, life-draining experience.

Hylian7

With my limited Techies experience, I think Techies will definitely help people learn not to pick all melee teams. When I played him I was always unsure how to use the Stasis Traps. Putting the proximity mines and remote mines on high ground was fun though. I think suicide is probably a bit OP, but the long cooldown seems to balance it out. When I played suicide was usually my "panic button" and I could pick up a kill with it or help my allies pick up a kill with it.

In one of my games I did a Pudge Techies lane, which was a lot of fun. Just put mines on the opposite side of trees, Pudge stands on them and makes a hook and BOOM!

DO NOT RUN, WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Updated automatically.
Hope we get to keep the old version as a style too, I like choices.

I think valve must be keeping tabs on which items people value it sets, since they seem to be upping the rarity on a good number of items right around the time they get put in the drop pool.

inkls

Thought process when reading this post

"Wait... there's more?"
"TECHIES"

I'm surprised there aren't more random comments on your site about Techies. The tournament stuff is neat or whatever, but Techies portrait data is good stuff.

where are you seeing this in the article?

edit: using google cache because the website is blocked at my college, if the article was updated I probably can't see it

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think I'm done with ability draft for now. I played against a BH last night that had Meepo's ult and Tinker rockets. No one could even get within a wide radius of him without being nuked to death. By the time BKBs would have come in to play it was too late...

This sounds like the best thing ever

Hylian7

Something else I should mention about Techies: he has the highest attack range in the game (other than Sniper with Take Aim). However he has the worst damage in the game, worse than Meepo or Zeus. His damage is so bad that a Poor Man's shield will almost nullify his right clicks. He makes Zeus or Meepo look like a super last hitter. His animation is also horrible.

Wes

venison crêpe
Am I understanding this correctly? I only get to compete against 4 other people per fantasy league? Give me a real challenge.

mfaex

It's the same as blink sniper, drow, clinkz tbh...
Nothing new...

I don't agree. Blinkz has far more purpose than other options. More effective split pushing and securing orchid kills on tanky targets. Rest are clowny. Blink sniper seems fun though, will try.

e: Just for general note, bone7 is using blink-viper to initiate and tank for Cloud 9. Has a blade mail. Playing it like a clock that's more dps and less cc.

I don't agree. Blinkz has far more purpose than other options. More effective split pushing and securing orchid kills on tanky targets. Rest are clowny. Blink sniper seems fun though, will try.

e: Just for general note, bone7 is using blink-viper to initiate and tank for Cloud 9. Has a blade mail. Playing it like a clock that's more dps and less cc.

Blinkz is hilariously good. Oh thats a sentry you placed? See ya.

shira

Crazy, idk about selling out or selling enough tickets. Premium looks like a steal if free food is plentiful

- 400m screen
Weekend Ticket - €29.90
Access to the event for both Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th of June.
Single Day Ticket - €18,90
Access to the event for either June 28 or June 29.
Premium Ticket - €149,90
Full access to ESL One for June 28 and June 29.
Premium seating in access restricted area near Team VIP boxes.
Free food and drinks catered throughout the event
ESL One Goodie Bag
Dota2 Ingame Item Bundle
More features to be announced soon

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Techies! The nightmares will begin soon.

n0b, are you one of these fools trolling the D2CL on stream?
N0b single handedly made ee-sama delete like half his music library by calling his tastes bad.

it was really like a dozen albums
If anyone has a corrupted redhoof I'll trade you I have like three other kinds i need to complete the set
You just need to stick a foulfell gem into a normal one.

Sibylus

Banned
Felt like they didn't even try though.
They just needed one good wombo combo and they would've had a good chance to turn it around, imo...
They attempted it multiple times, but their cohesion was just nonexistent (in particular Fluff's Earthshaker looked really tilted, in fights he was sitting under enemy towers and constantly getting caught out). Can't make a teamfight lineup work without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom