• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yo GAF, I'm in the market for a new keyboard and I want a mechanical one, suggestions?

• price
  • key type preference (check PC thread first few lines)
  • ten key or not
  • you want ricer shit like backlights or media keys

Cooler Master default suggestion for value, G710+ otherwise

Kard8p3

• price
  • key type preference (check PC thread first few lines)
  • ten key or not
  • you want ricer shit like backlights or media keys

Cooler Master default suggestion for value, G710+ otherwise

Price doesn't even matter.
MX Blue, sounds so good
?? Not sure what that means :(
Uhh sure.

Radec

that Empire - Fnatic game 2.

6 - 40 game.
KuGsj.gif

Haven't seen empire got stomped that hard this year. They're pretty good lately as well.

Lotto

First game I've ever had to use the mute button in this game. It wasn't even directed at me but sheesh, some people got problems. Raging over the mic can't be healthy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Was the extra on a Chinese 4 stack with no wards and someone wanted Slark so I swapped his randomed BB. Both teams kept constantly fighting and I was like fuck that our lanes need to be pushed out and I have no mana. Was 10-20 at somepoint with LC getting free farm and blink duel kills combined with people running into Epicenter + Boat and the only kills coming from Invoker spell spam + Doom.

3-7-5 with Vanguard, SnY, and half a Shivas done. But I killed 4 towers split pushing and bought wards (Mirana, SB Kunkka) the entire game since our Abba was building a Mek. Ridiculous. We got tanky enough we could just run at them and win I guess. I felt pretty good ignoring Slark's call for TP help and making so we'd only possibly lose 1 tower instead of 2, especially since no one bought wards the entire game except me.

Make sure if you win a fight you can take a tower!
Price doesn't even matter.
MX Blue, sounds so good
?? Not sure what that means :(
Uhh sure.
CoolerMaster would be my default suggestion for everyone, followed by the G710+ if you want not blue / quieter / macro keys.
Logitech finally has a mechanical keyboard omg. How is it?
It's impure.
It uses this funny ghost thing so it can be pure USB to have NKRO and it has dampeners so it's quieter (impure). It's still good though.

F!ReW!Re

First game I've ever had to use the mute button in this game. It wasn't even directed at me but sheesh, some people got problems. Raging over the mic can't be healthy.

I use it all the time.
It's pure bliss. And when I'm in a bad mood myself I do it as well, just so nothing can ignite the rage! ;-)

Mohasus

I use a steelseries 6gv2 (MX Black) same as Na`vi and HOLY SHIT I MISS THE LEFT WINDOWS KEY SO MUCH.

And just finished Strife's tutorial.. Oh s2, I don't even... HoN Beta was the best moba ever.

ElyrionX

CoolerMaster would be my default suggestion for everyone, followed by the G710+ if you want not blue / quieter / macro keys.

It's impure.
It uses this funny ghost thing so it can be pure USB to have NKRO and it has dampeners so it's quieter (impure). It's still good though.

Wait what USB to NKRO thing? Does that really affect the functionality of it? I looked up a review or two and it has a lot of bells and whistles that I want in a keyboard such as USB port and media keys. The dampeners are nice too. I have no use for macro keys though. Its brown switches right?

Should I switch from my vanilla Rosewill brown to this then?

F!ReW!Re

I was. I was considering an ag/s refresher finish to prevent any lane from pushing which is why I was saving so much.

What?????
Aghs on NP.
GET OUT! NOW!

Seriously though: Aghs is such a waste of money on NP.
Either go for more damage: MKB, Daedalus, Mjolnir
Defense: AC, Linkens or shiva's
Utility: Sheep (late game sheep, still good)

Refresher is also meh.
And keeping the lanes pushed out?
Just tp in, clear a wave, spawn trees + drop necro book and let that push the wave in.

What?????
Aghs on NP.
GET OUT! NOW!

Seriously though: Aghs is such a waste of money on NP.
Either go for more damage: MKB, Daedalus, Mjolnir
Defense: AC, Linkens or shiva's
Utility: Sheep (late game sheep, still good)

I'm well aware of this. The problem was, damage wasn't really going to help me because I was dying immediately in the teamfights anyway. At this point in the game we were almost at Megas and the other team was having trouble pushing, so I figured ag/s and refresh would do some decent damage, but it'd also wipe the map of creeps for sure buying my guys more time. Go and watch the game if you're interested, and you'll see why it was being considered. This wasn't a traditional game at all.

Can you guys recommend another moba to try out? With so many in the genre there has to be another decent one that would be fun to get into as a change of pace from Dota. Is HON any good?

F!ReW!Re

I'm well aware of this. The problem was, damage wasn't really going to help me because I was dying immediately in the teamfights anyway. At this point in the game we were almost at Megas and the other team was having trouble pushing, so I figured ag/s and refresh would do some decent damage, but it'd also wipe the map of creeps for sure buying my guys more time. Go and watch the game if you're interested, and you'll see why it was being considered. This wasn't a traditional game at all.

I'll watch it tonight when I get home, but I still don't think those reasons warrant throwing away 9,5k in gold on a aghs and refresher. Linkens to dodge the cc and maybe another defensive item (shiva's maybe) or going balls to the walls aggressive Daedalus + Sheepstick and just disable + right click would've helped more IMO.

But I'll watch the game first before totally burning you down ;-)

Mohasus

Daaaammmmmnnnnn...............

(where can I check that myself?)

Badges > How do I earn drops?

You have spent approximately $12.80 USD in the game after this card set was released.

Well, I made some money selling an auspicious arcana and some new sets from offerings.

rezuth

Don't join teamfights, just split push.

BHK3

Banned
Can you guys recommend another moba to try out? With so many in the genre there has to be another decent one that would be fun to get into as a change of pace from Dota. Is HON any good?

...what other games are in the genre aside from LoL? Hots isnt out yet, wanna try out that dead island moba, or get into the infinite crisis beta? I can send you an invite for that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You have spent approximately $202.41 USD in the game after this card set was released.

What's the expenditure threshold to be considered a whale? I think I'm there.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/541842121

This was easily the most interesting game I had tonight.

Things kicked off with Bounty Hunter deciding to go bother Chen (sixghost) in the jungle. Chen had some creeps and messed him up quite a bit before he Shadow Walked out. We didn't any detection close enough to catch him, but at the time the courier (this was before 3 minutes) was bringing something to Chen. I started to rotate toward the courier, thinking BH would chase it, and after nothing when it was almost back at the T2 tower, I changed my mind and stayed in lane. But suddenly there's BH on the minimap under the T2 and dies to it, right before he can give that squirrel a Jinada in the nut. First Blood goes to Chen.

Then the entire time they are super aggressive, especially on me. After BH respawns, Puck, CM, and BH decide to dive me. I die, but BH dies to tower and I get credited with the kill. Terrorblade was farming, but they had many failed attempts of aggression. Some were successful, but even those usually ended in one of their own dying for it. Our Legion had good farm. Things were slow for me at first, but I quickly picked up the pace once I hit 6 and had an Orchid around 15-16 minutes. Phoenix did well on the offlane and even solo killed TB a few times. We had extreme amounts of push since we had two Necrobooks and a Chen.

What pretty much sealed the deal was a fight at T2 top where I zipped onto the Puck behind the tower, who was alone, Orchid'd, and killed. Their teamfight was down for the most part, which gave us the momentum to win the 5v4 teamfight and get the top rax. The rest of the game was quite easy from there. I had the cash to buy my Sheepstick at the end but didn't get to the secret shop for the Mystic Staff.

On a random note...

I always laugh at the people that give me shit for picking Pudge in a ranked game saying "the hero isn't viable" Bull shit it is. If you land the hooks, it's viable. It's kind of a high risk high reward, sort of in the same vein as Techies. I know I've had Pudge games in ranked that were looking grim, but I singlehandedly turned them around for my team. It's a viable hero if you know what you're doing, just like any other hero in the pool.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Looks like a rebranded OEM from QPAD. Probably fine, didn't look up reviews on it or the QPAD.
Wait what USB to NKRO thing? Does that really affect the functionality of it? I looked up a review or two and it has a lot of bells and whistles that I want in a keyboard such as USB port and media keys. The dampeners are nice too. I have no use for macro keys though. Its brown switches right?

Should I switch from my vanilla Rosewill brown to this then?
For a long time you needed PS2 to get NKRO mechanical, but Logitech figured out something around it. I demo'd it by mashing everything and talked to their gaming product marketing manager about it for a fair bit.
I still don't like the WASD being a different colo or how big/far the Macro keys extend.
Yes it's Brown

Hylian7

Looks like a rebranded OEM from QPAD. Probably fine, didn't look up reviews on it or the QPAD.

For a long time you needed PS2 to get NKRO mechanical, but Logitech figured out something around it. I demo'd it by mashing everything and talked to their gaming product marketing manager about it for a fair bit.
I still don't like the WASD being a different colo or how big/far the Macro keys extend.
Yes it's Brown
On the keyboard subject, I have had this for a few years and love it: http://www.ione.com.tw/2009/Product/6A_SC-U9 BL.asp

I actually wanted the backlights because sometimes I am finding myself reaching for a key with my hands in an unorthodox position on the keyboard. You can easily turn the backlights off though.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe someone managed to make this jungle Nature Prophet get an abandon because he didn't realize what happens if you don't get xp after a certain period of time. The guy kept blocking his creeps and the best part is the Nature Prophet wasn't afk while it kept happening. Only in bot games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom