• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

Some great items on the workshop:

B88F2A6E097CE8053FF52892BC82D7EC7F3582FA

2943120F6F82255B1E864D0EEE241B79639DE41C

D89BFDDED53A282C59B6C93760C9DD56F983D2CF

Low Tier
ye i got 1 point from playing with rtz and monkeys. Then i played with all peruvians and got 31 points.

Also tc's ember is so fucking awful i'm sorry but u even make anbokrs ember spirit look legit.

aeolist

Banned
ye i got 1 point from playing with rtz and monkeys. Then i played with all peruvians and got 31 points.

Also tc's ember is so fucking awful i'm sorry but u even make anbokrs ember spirit look legit.

tc has been playing like shit on every hero

aeolist

Banned
that said most of the time his item builds are fine, this was just crap

yeah ember's new and people are still working out how to build for him but arc boots -> bottle -> bkb is just bad

manfestival

I can never have enough hats. There arent enough good doom items aside from swords and that one thing of wings.

Also lifestealer needs more... and omni needs good gear too. most of his stuff is too samey

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

bro i just got a text from tc he wants ember lessons for $99.99/hr. i told him i'm too busy coaching EE with morphling tho

these pro's still fkn avoiding the superior mass bf + daedelus + rapier strat like the plague. bunch of bitches rollin with the subpar strats

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
please sign me up for ember lessons

I have credit card

u kno im kinda in a good mood right now so im guna give u free tips

1) don't buy drums or bkb ever
2) phase boots ---> bottle ---> wand/oov (optional) ---> bf ---> bf ---> Daedalus ---> rapier
3) play like a bitch the entire game and just ks with sleight + chains, always let your team initiate first then just clean up, ember is pretty much the best janitor hero in the game, can 1v3-4 enemy teams that are kinda low on mana/hp pretty easily, he just needs some peeps to distract for him in teamfights while he goes all ninjitsu naruto on them in the background. Treat him like a ranged hero, because he is--sleight is 1200 range and is basically your auto attack.
4) the second u have level 4 fg just jump on supports with <800 hp for free kills, but keep a safety remnant so u can jump back out when their nerdy team desperately tries to TP in to save CM so they feel like they are protecting her kinda i call it freakinsyndrome
*if said support is lion, rhasta, AA, or witch doctor don't worry about team support no one cares about the ugly ones
5) After you have your second BF and crystalys you can pretty much one shot creep waves and the enemy can never siege your t3's so gg.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
BF spam is bitch build.

Man up with: Phase -> Bottle (Optional) -> Drums -> Deso -> Whatever

Ember's ganking power at 6-11 is insane, don't let it go to waste playing him like Kunkka.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Venge set

I don't often get excited for items but...

HNNNNNNNG

2) phase boots ---> bottle ---> wand/oov (optional) ---> bf ---> bf ---> Daedalus ---> rapier
3) play like a bitch the entire game and just ks with sleight + chains, always let your team initiate first then just clean up, ember is pretty much the best janitor hero in the game, can 1v3-4 enemy teams that are kinda low on mana/hp pretty easily, he just needs some peeps to distract for him in teamfights while he goes all ninjitsu naruto on them in the background. Treat him like a ranged hero, because he is--sleight is 1200 range and is basically your auto attack.
4) the second u have level 4 fg just jump on supports with <800 hp for free kills, but keep a safety remnant so u can jump back out when their nerdy team desperately tries to TP in to save CM so they feel like they are protecting her kinda i call it freakinsyndrome
*if said support is lion, rhasta, AA, or witch doctor don't worry about team support no one cares about the ugly ones
5) After you have your second BF and crystalys you can pretty much one shot creep waves and the enemy can never siege your t3's so gg.

Amazing how you've mastered this.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
BF spam is bitch build.

Man up with: Phase -> Bottle (Optional) -> Drums -> Deso -> Whatever

Ember's ganking power at 6 is insane, don't let it go to waste playing him like Kunkka.

this is so wrong it hurts--awful build that I have to thank TC for popularizing so pubs continue to fail with ember. only thing worse is the maelstrom build

Drums give you absolutely nothing you need, the MS is useless, the AS is useless, the only usefulness you get out of drums is 9 str for 2000g, buy a bracer if u wanna be a bitch.

also 1 bf is equivalent to 1 deso in price but it gives you MORE damage potential (if you cleave just one target you will do more damage than deso, and you usually cleave A LOT more than once on average) and it solves your mana problems.

That build gimps your late game with similar mid game payoff to the mass BF build. Haly is right, ember is a powerful ganker and the advantage he has on Kunkka/AM is that he doesn't even need items to start snowballing off kills, that's why the BF build is so easy to pull off, just hit 6 and farm kills and you'll have double BF/crystalys at 25-30 minutes no problem. Then you become an unstoppable mid to late game monster. Absolutely nothing is going to waste, BF build is strong early game, mid game, and the strongest late game build by far--ember is a monster early on by the virtue of his own skills and becomes an absolute nightmare past the 30 minute mark, making it almost impossible for enemy teams to push high ground.

Artanisix

milkman approved build, this is a great way to throw the game while claiming your farm is great

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
milkman approved build, this is a great way to win those un-winnable games with great farm and the ability to one shot creepwaves

best comeback build in the game, best mid and lategame ember build hands down (and his early game is so good that all he needs is phase/wand/bottle to stomp people), and MOST IMPORTANTLY--it's the best goddamn fountain farming build the game has ever seen

but by all means continue to gimp yourselves with maelstroms and desos, makes ember easier to deal with in pubs. i'm trying to show you the light at my own expense here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom