• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I love posting this set, here's high quality renders of it from the front and back
moset+renders.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Drums give you absolutely nothing you need, the MS is useless, the AS is useless, the only usefulness you get out of drums is 9 str for 2000g, buy a bracer if u wanna be a bitch.

He really needs the mobility for chasing. Sometimes Dash and Bolas aren't enough. The longer he can stick to a target the more consistent his kills will be.

The real reason I prefer the ganking build is because when I look at him I see TA and Storm, not AM or TB. I wouldn't play TA like an afk farm carry, and I don't think Ember should be played like that either.

All the best Embers I've seen in my games have always played proactively in the mid game. The ones that try to be cute farming 5 battlefuries or whatever usually just melt when it comes to late game clashes.

Anyway SCR is on so fuck this scrub ass game.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
He really needs the mobility for chasing. Sometimes Dash and Bolas aren't enough. The longer he can stick to a target the more consistent his kills will be.

The real reason I prefer the ganking build is because when I look at him I see TA and Storm, not AM or TB. I wouldn't play TA like an afk farm carry, and I don't think Ember should be played like that either.

All the best Embers I've seen in my games have always played proactively in the mid game. The ones that try to be cute farming 5 battlefuries or whatever usually just melt when it comes to late game clashes.

See anbokr doesn't afk farm the entire game. He just builds one, then follows his team and KSes while building the others. Later in the game he doesn't melt in clashes because he fists once from max range and then remnants to the well.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
best comeback build in the game, best mid and lategame ember build hands down (and his early game is so good that all he needs is phase/wand/bottle to stomp people), and MOST IMPORTANTLY--it's the best goddamn fountain farming build the game has ever seen

but by all means continue to gimp yourselves with maelstroms and desos, makes ember easier to deal with in pubs. i'm trying to show you the light at my own expense here.

You'll certainly need a comeback if you go that build.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
See anbokr doesn't afk farm the entire game. He just builds one, then follows his team and KSes while building the others. Later in the game he doesn't melt in clashes because he fists once from max range and then remnants to the well.

Does this work? It sounds like Dagon Furion, which is another assclown build.

manfestival

u kno im kinda in a good mood right now so im guna give u free tips

1) don't buy drums or bkb ever
2) phase boots ---> bottle ---> wand/oov (optional) ---> bf ---> bf ---> Daedalus ---> rapier
3) play like a bitch the entire game and just ks with sleight + chains, always let your team initiate first then just clean up, ember is pretty much the best janitor hero in the game, can 1v3-4 enemy teams that are kinda low on mana/hp pretty easily, he just needs some peeps to distract for him in teamfights while he goes all ninjitsu naruto on them in the background. Treat him like a ranged hero, because he is--sleight is 1200 range and is basically your auto attack.
4) the second u have level 4 fg just jump on supports with <800 hp for free kills, but keep a safety remnant so u can jump back out when their nerdy team desperately tries to TP in to save CM so they feel like they are protecting her kinda i call it freakinsyndrome
*if said support is lion, rhasta, AA, or witch doctor don't worry about team support no one cares about the ugly ones
5) After you have your second BF and crystalys you can pretty much one shot creep waves and the enemy can never siege your t3's so gg.
im throwing money at the screen but its not working. I need more advice :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Does this work? It sounds like Dagon Furion, which is another assclown build.

pro's been riding on the back of my ember for weeks now

it's just astounding to me how the superior build has been so decried by a reddit circle jerk that spawned from watching TC's stream. That dude is so mechanically sound in pubs he can build 6 vanguards on ember and still stomp. There's a reason ember was deemed way too OP in dota 1 and not dota 2--in dota 1 you'd have to deal with mass BF embers every game that would one shot your supports and make it impossible to push--frustrating as hell. In dota 2 you have to deal with embers that tickle you with desos and maelstroms--no wonder people thought this hero was ass.

Demoli

pro's been riding on the back of my ember for weeks now

it's just astounding to me how the superior build has been so decried by a reddit circle jerk that spawned from watching TC's stream. That dude is so mechanically sound in pubs he can build 6 vanguards on ember and still stomp. There's a reason ember was deemed way too OP in dota 1 and not dota 2--in dota 1 you'd have to deal with mass BF embers every game that would one shot your supports and make it impossible to push--frustrating as hell. In dota 2 you have to deal with embers that tickle you with desos and maelstroms--no wonder people thought this hero was ass.

bokrmcpxg.png

Clearly Anbokr preaches the right way to play Xin.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

like i've said I rarely play mm nowadays, my dota time has been restricted to IH recently.

LOL that's a tiny ass sample size bro; I was experimenting in the dredges with ember for my first few games, and like with all heroes, he takes some getting used to. So yeah, I lost my first 3-4 games and I shit the bed. After that? I'm more confident on ember than on Slark, hero is insanely easy to win and stomp with. My last 5-6 games of ember have all been close to 10+ KDA.

seriously, i think freakinchair is a stronger player than you right now.

says the guy who is a weaker player than buttrider - noblewingz naga/xin extraordinaire as our thread title so kindly loves to remind us

Demoli

like i've said I rarely play mm nowadays, my dota time has been restricted to IH recentl unfortunately.

I was experimenting in the dredges with ember for my first few games, and like with all heroes, he takes some getting used to. So yeah, I lost my first 3-4 games and I shit the bed. After that? I'm more confident on ember than on Slark, hero is insanely easy to win and stomp with. My last 5-6 games of ember have all been close to 10+ KDA.

says the guy who is a weaker player than buttrider - noblewingz naga/xin extraordinaire as our thread title so kindly loves to remind us

All I see is a 11-2 battlefury-win ratio.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
last 5 games of ember:

tswift wanted to concede this last one 15 minutes into the game, they were hammering away at our t3's up 2:1 in kills at 12 minutes. Probably the best example of the power of this build, even with 2 sheeps, abyssal, omni ulti, clockwork, ghost scepters, and some blinks (all pretty anti-ember technology), they couldn't seal the deal.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Any thoughts on Das Keyboards?

http://shop.daskeyboard.com/collections/products/products/das-keyboard-professional-model-s

My initial impression is that they're overpriced, but looking at some of the other stuff suggested it seems in the ballpark. Cooler Master looks nice, but I'm not a fan of gaudy lights so I want something simple.
I have a DAS. It's nice, but there are better options at the price now. I bought mine a long time ago. They do have a student discount which should bring it down to ~$100-$110.
I'm using the 2013 blackwidow and deathadder, love them both. High quality.
High Quality means they haven't died or had FW problems yet.

F!ReW!Re

GIFF FEDDBACK

- Not sure about the hair
- Digg the earrings
- Can you add something on-top of the belt so that it covers a bit of the belly area?
- REALLY like the cuffs and the shoulder pads

Reminds me of legacy of Kain for some reason.
Which is awesome

Edit;
Maybe make that cape/wings thing on the back a bit more prominent? Maybe a bit bigger/longer/wider?

Thai

Bane was better.
I finally got out of 2500 solo I'm 2600 now and the quality of matches have improved tenfold

The last couple of calibration matches weren't that great. I mean, almost all the calibration matches weren't that great. We were constantly on the verge of throwing. Folks just like to go back to base/jungle after a team fight...its quite frustrating.

Quesa

I have a DAS. It's nice, but there are better options at the price now. I bought mine a long time ago. They do have a student discount which should bring it down to ~$100-$110.

High Quality means they haven't died or had FW problems yet.

so is the cooler master the one for the price, or if I'm willing to go $100 is there something better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom