• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

Watching this Pinoy dota game is like watching a whole different game. It's like they completely disregard towers and creeps and just dive/gank all game, it's great. 30-30 score in 30 minutes in this Mineski vs Arrow game.

edit: lol MoM on batrider, this is so legit

H13

Watching this Pinoy dota game is like watching a whole different game. It's like they completely disregard towers and creeps and just dive/gank all game, it's great. 30-30 score in 30 minutes in this Mineski vs Arrow game.

edit: lol MoM on batrider, this is so legit

Arrow is Malaysian, IIRC.
is it a competition? i forgot.

Hylian7

Other than "don't" how does one beat Huskar in mid as Shadow Fiend?

Edit: http://dotabuff.com/matches/543436823

Often I forget that even if you lose your lane horribly, you have not necessarily lost the game. We played smart, bought the right items, came back and won it. On top of that there were dumb decisions by the other team (No BKB Legion). BKB, Desolator, Earthshaker fissures, NP splitpush, Halberd on Phoenix, damage on Sniper. All of this won us the game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Over the last week or so I've been playing a ton of heroes I suck with, playing shitty, losing a bunch of games and giving absolutely zero fucks. Unplug from your Dotabuffs people. Shit feels good.

Kayo-kun

Anyone that want to join a DreamLeague EU fantasy league? We are 5/6 at the moment and are going to draft in about 40 minutes. Just write in this forum or PM me. You will need the ticket to be able to participate.

GorillaJu

Hey OD, how's that counter-pick going?

Ba1f6kc.png

wsippel

Banned
Man, this game is fucking hard to get into. Did the tutorials, played a few bot matches, watched some games, and I still have no clue what's going on, die constantly and don't feel confident to play a real game with human players at all.

Man, this game is fucking hard to get into. Did the tutorials, played a few bot matches, watched some games, and I still have no clue what's going on, die constantly and don't feel confident to play a real game with human players at all.

If you're like how I was when I started (having never played a MOBA/ARTS before) it's gonna take a while before you begin to understand things. Have you been reading any beginner guides?

wsippel

Banned
If you're like how I was when I started (having never played a MOBA/ARTS before) it's gonna take a while before you begin to understand things. Have you been reading any beginner guides?
Sure, and I think I understand most basic concepts, at least in theory. I also love (single player) ARTS games like Dawn of War and character focussed missions in games like Starcraft 2 or Warcraft 3, which was my main motivation to give DOTA 2 a spin. But I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do here, most guides are more confusing than anything, and the vast amount of characters with all their different roles and abilities doesn't make the game very approachable.

BHK3

Banned

You just need to get used to having 9 other people on the map wanting you dead. Just keep playing, you'll have an epiphany sooner or later.

Sen²

Sure, and I think I understand most basic concepts, at least in theory. I also love (single player) ARTS games like Dawn of War and character focussed missions in games like Starcraft 2 or Warcraft 3, which was my main motivation to give DOTA 2 a spin. But I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do here, most guides are more confusing than anything, and the vast amount of characters with all their different roles and abilities doesn't make the game very approachable.

I'm not an amazing player myself but Purge's videos helped me quite a lot. Just choose a hero you want to learn and watch Purge playing him. He usually explains what he's doing and why.

Welcome to Dota, You Suck Guide by Purge
Purge's YouTube Videos

You just need to get used to having 9 other people on the map wanting you dead. Just keep playing, you'll have an epiphany sooner or later.

Well, 4 other people on the map don't really want you dead, it's just sometimes what they do cause you to die more than what the real enemy team does.

100 hours to not suck...you'll probably still be bad after that but at least you'll have an idea of where you went wrong or what you're doing right.

ACE 1991

Hardest working man in 2700. Would be 7000 if ward usage/placement counted. #RoadtoTI4

On that 2700 MMR grind as well. I'm mostly picking Bloodseeker and Viper as my ticket to 3k; most players in this bracket really don't know how to properly play against these heroes.

Kade

On that 2700 MMR grind as well. I'm mostly picking Bloodseeker and Viper as my ticket to 3k; most players in this bracket really don't know how to properly play against these heroes.

Yeah I need to stop playing support so much because 95% of the time it feels like whether my team wins or not is out of my hands. I need to be in the carry driver seat. I do the best supporting of my Dota career and end up losing anyways.

Boken

Banned
what does the best supporting even mean

just cos ur buying wards doesnt make u a god
ur team cant even look at the minimap

Yeah I need to stop playing support so much because 95% of the time it feels like whether my team wins or not is out of my hands. I need to be in the carry driver seat. I do the best supporting of my Dota career and end up losing anyways.
You've reached the point in the cycle where you can now answer the question 'why is my team 5 carries?'

Kade

Says the 7000mmr warder

What I'm saying is that you guys aren't supporting as well as you think you are

Dass why I'm asking what supporting means to you

It means being a good babysitter to me, and I think I am a good babysitter.

Anteo

Dunno man, whenever I decide to play support for real, I feel like its mostly me that did the hard work. Yep, I put that ward that prevented these ganks, Yep I got the sentries/dust to get this invis fucker. Yep, I did that clutch tp that turned things around for the other lane. Yep, I roamed forest and found that low hp commander and killed her. Yep, I made sure to only take the creeps that my ally would not get and upgrade the courier as soon as the game hits 3:00. Yep, I stacked these camps for the naix. Yep, I sacrificed myself so that guy could get away

Its the little things, without this the team would not even get to the midgame. From that point is all about the carry doing work (and it hurts when you try to do your best and then the carry gets its BF at min 35)
Then again most of the time I just decide to get the farm for me and not do shit for the team. That's why I will forever be in the 3500 trench

Kade

Dunno man, whenever I decide to play support for real, I feel like its mostly me that did the hard work. Yep, I put that ward that prevented these ganks, Yep I got the sentries/dust to get this invis fucker. Yep, I did that clutch tp that turned things around for the other lane. Yep, I roamed forest and found that low hp commander and killed her. Yep, I made sure to only take the creeps that my ally would not get and upgrade the courier as soon as the game hits 3:00. Yep, I stacked these camps for the naix. Yep, I sacrificed myself so that guy could get away

Yeah definitely. A big part of support is creating opportunity and taking advantage of it and it feels good when you take advantage of those situations. I can only speak for my hella low bracket though and if I'm doing solo queue there are a lot of opportunities that I create and make apparent through communication that go unnoticed. Low HP junglers, uncontested and easy towers, runes, etc. There are few opportunities that can be taken advantage of on your own as support but they do exist and I myself need to work on utilizing these openings.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its the image of axe used as a graphic for the test client when it first rolled out. Not sure if its am indication of what valves cosmetic plans were at the time.

Also, supporting is so much more then baby sitting, its working towards supporting a teams goals, and hampering the enemies goals. Want to have a late game carry, try and make it safe for him to farm by getting up vision, pushing the other side of the map, sit next to him and place sentry wards all over the jungle to hinder invis enemies. Enemy is drafting a summon push line up, draft a character who can kill the creeps easily. Enemy mostly does physical damage, make sure the team has a vlads. Meaningful Map movement, itemzation, ensuring the team is safe are key points of a support.

Fuchsdh

Why does the report system not have a category for "keeping the game going twenty minutes longer than it should because the other team is farming kills at your fountain instead of winning the game"?

elyetis

boken asking those hard hitting questions.

Streaming for a few hours, you'll most likely see supporting not of my own will.

http://www.twitch.tv/109dota

boken if u type something witty in stream chat i'll give u mod
That almost tripple kill brisleback into vengo well played spam + feed; I don't know if I should laugh or cry that 5k mmr seems as bas as my 3.4k mmr trench level.

BHK3

Banned
so after a nice streak of games of great teammates I get saddled with an alch who places wards next to trees and has a casual perserverance and a invoker who stopped going q/w halfway and began maxxing exort.

Phoenix is great fun, though I wanna switch to Nyx now. How does he do offlane? I've been hit with every possible combo aside from a aggressive trilane that dewards when I do my phoenix offlane, been able to overcome all of it.

Why does the report system not have a category for "keeping the game going twenty minutes longer than it should because the other team is farming kills at your fountain instead of winning the game"?

You're just giving up too easily. Not their fault at all.

You can still win.

Rant time... I really am starting to despise junglers in general. Good ones hat actually gank I have no problems with but the 99% of the ones I come across do nothing but sit in the jungle and AFK farm for 20 min contributing nothing.

Raytow

Fountain fishing, hate that crap, I always push towers, buffer structures and hit the ancient why prolong the suffering of the guys who are losing so hard, oh wait jackasses that is why.

inkls

Lost 11 games in a row since Thursday. I really don't understand how. I know I'm a noob and everything, but cmon. Dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom