• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

iRlEuhg.png

W1SSY

Real glad I put that rare on EG after the previous game. Hopefully Liquid can beat Revenge but they have been playing pretty poor recently.

2 games matched with absolutely awful stacks playing completely hopeless games. Valve will even out my 20 game w/l difference no matter what it takes!

What happens during the post-game "rate your enjoyment" matches, because it feels like it usually comes up after extremely one-sided games one way or another, but it's possible that it pops up after completely unmemorable games and I forgot about it. Is it just a way for DOTA to get further data on games where someone was reported?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What's the cut off for the fantasy league stuff, I won't be home for a few more hours, but thought it said midnight the night before it starts.

Hylian7

Okay, this is straight up pissing me off.

Can someone give me a replay analysis on this game?

Their Rubick abandoned pretty early on and we somehow STILL got stomped 4v5. I do not understand it at all what the fuck happened. We should have totally had the upper hand there.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/546124454

Their Rubick abandoned pretty early on and we somehow STILL got stomped 4v5. I do not understand it at all what the fuck happened. We should have totally had the upper hand there.

Their Bloodseeker almost has more GPM than your 3 carries combines--which is contributed to your loss since having those 3 heroes on one lineup is kind of stupid.

EDIT: Also, you lost mid very, very, very hard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hylian, as a highly trained kirby doctor, I believe in my professional opinion, you have come down with a severe case of the "mad bads". I recommend a 25 game regime if lich and cm, to get your mind on other aspects of the game.

Hylian7

Hylian, as a highly trained kirby doctor, I believe in my professional opinion, you have come down with a severe case of the "mad bads". I recommend a 25 game regime if lich and cm, to get your mind on other aspects of the game.

I have the permanent "mad bads" with those heroes.

Boken

Banned

sounds more like a punishment than a cure

Hylian7

i recommend you to
lighten up

on a more serious topic, is MMR seriously not based on W/L?

Yes and no. Yes because you will generally gain points for winning and lose points for losing. No because how many you gain/lose is based on who you beat. For instance if you were 3k and somehow by some act of god got matched against a 5k stack and beat them, you would get a lot of points. Also KDR factors into it somehow I think, but I'm not sure about that. I always lose or gain around 25 points pretty much every game I think the highest I've gained or lost from one game is 27.

Boken

Banned
Yes and no. Yes because you will generally gain points for winning and lose points for losing. No because how many you gain/lose is based on who you beat. For instance if you were 3k and somehow by some act of god got matched against a 5k stack and beat them, you would get a lot of points. Also KDR factors into it somehow I think, but I'm not sure about that. I always lose or gain around 25 points pretty much every game I think the highest I've gained or lost from one game is 27.

"Yes because you will generally gain points for winning and lose points for losing. No because how many you gain/lose is based on who you beat. For instance if you were 3k and somehow by some act of god got matched against a 5k stack and beat them, you would get a lot of points."

is okay, thats typical elo system functionality

but KDR factoring into MMR gains/losses is kinda crazy sounding

Why would it? That'd be a terrible measure. ELO derivations are far better.
i just heard KDA is part of the calculation - wuz fishing for the real answer

Sibylus

Banned
"Yes because you will generally gain points for winning and lose points for losing. No because how many you gain/lose is based on who you beat. For instance if you were 3k and somehow by some act of god got matched against a 5k stack and beat them, you would get a lot of points."

Imagine it's weighted against metrics like gold per minute, xp per minute, % GPM of team avg, % XPM of team avg, etc.

Boken

Banned
Imagine it's weighted against metrics like gold per minute, xp per minute, % GPM of team avg, % XPM of team avg, etc.

my issue is that all these game statistics (KDA incl) arent exactly role agnostic

Also play more in house games, playing with different skilled players can help you hone your game sense.

transl: you have no game sense because you cant tell that/how/why you lost mid

KDA might be in your initial games, if you start at the game and start stomping 20-0 every game it'll probably realise you're a smurf and boost your rating but once it gets to a level where the system thinks it's got your proper ratings it's just whether you win or lose, weighted by which team was expected to win

Sibylus

Banned
my issue is that all these game statistics (KDA incl) arent exactly role agnostic

Depends on how intelligent their weightings are, ie how accurately they're able to identify say, supports in this or that game.

Hylian7

Maybe I need to go look at the replay again, but I felt like I broke even mid in that game.

Hupsel

Lost a game against a Riki and a Weaver because my teammates refused to buy Dust and wasted the gold on shiny gear they didnt even get to use when they got ganked multiple times...

Mohasus

Typical "a guy abandoned so it's a free win, let's not take it seriously and keep dying". As soon as they lost rubick, they grouped and started to gank.

Breaking even agaisnt a pudge is pretty much losing the lane.

Hupsel

What role were you? Did you try buying it for them?

Yeah I was the only one buying and we did kill them both 2-3 times. But the dust cooldown was getting in the way. Maybe if one more party member was also buying them... I was (semi)carry Mirana.

Boken

Banned
Depends on how intelligent their weightings are, ie how accurately they're able to identify say, supports in this or that game.

KDA might be in your initial games, if you start at the game and start stomping 20-0 every game it'll probably realise you're a smurf and boost your rating but once it gets to a level where the system thinks it's got your proper ratings it's just whether you win or lose, weighted by which team was expected to win

idk, this picture recently came to my attention as an example of MMR abuse and it seems that KDA does matter, and that it doesnt care about supports and such

I0fpoDl.jpg

KDA and any other metric really shouldnt matter, at least after the first few games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hylian did fine mid, I'm not sure what you people are on about.

The bigger offense was that he wasn't winning harder. I count two missed kills and one missed courier kill.

Boken

Banned
hylian did pretty well until 9 minutes

missing that first rune was pretty weird, youre a lvl 2 puck vs a pudge

3rd rune you shouldve killed him + the courier

at the 9 minute mark you just started roaming 24/7. you got like, 5 cs in 10 minutes. it might felt worth it, but SA was also roaming constantly. even NP joined the ganks sometimes. since WR/BS avoided a few ganks while brew and pudge farmed, giving them 3 lanes of exp/gold vs ur 2 (or 1). doesnt help that pudge gets return kills on your roam attempts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom