• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At 9 minutes, mid is already over.

Not ganking enough != losing mid.

i love two heroes chasing my lich and my ult pops and bounces just between them. Getting me a double kill right before the rest of the team shows up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i love two heroes chasing my lich and my ult pops and bounces just between them. Getting me a double kill right before the rest of the team shows up.
Used to be so much better when the bounce didn't have an internal cool down and they would instagib

Hylian7

I farm mid for 30 minutes until my sidelanes cry because they all lost their lanes

iRlEuhg.png

ElyrionX

I'm pretty sure that everyone on a team loses/gains the same mmr amount.

No they don't.

Edit: they gain or lose mmr depending on their individual mmr relative to the team's and opponent's average mmr. If two teams have average mmr of 3500, a player on the winning team with a mmr of 4500 will gain less than someone on his team with a mmr of 3500.

Quesa

Ugh, just had my first-ever abandon in dota 2, due to my router dying. We had a pretty good chance to win, too. Rip ES winrate

Dec

I reported someone and was told action had been taken recently on someone that I'd reported before I even got out of the game. Hmm.

CryptiK

I received my Demon Edge from Weta today and the paint job is completely underwhelming and looks nothing like the one on their website. There are orange blotches throughout the skull area/hilt where paint has just settled on the top of the black. Areas around the black look like their fading where their not meant to. I have the Butterfly and Vanguard arriving tomorrow I hope they are better.
Anyone else had any issues?

http://imgur.com/a/1WUis Pictures

manfestival

whats that term for losing streaks and getting worked up over it? i swear, i am a masochist because I play with that friend I tell you all about and he feeds almost every game
and I lose because of him. almost had 3600 then I played with him

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Godfuckingdamnit, you pick the only support on the team, and what do you get? Constant abuse if there's less then four wards on the map at any time

Boken

Banned
No they don't.

Edit: they gain or lose mmr depending on their individual mmr relative to the team's and opponent's average mmr. If two teams have average mmr of 3500, a player on the winning team with a mmr of 4500 will gain less than someone on his team with a mmr of 3500.
r u sure about dis
cos the expected score calculation in elo systems is done on the team average mmr
whats that term for losing streaks and getting worked up over it? i swear, i am a masochist because I play with that friend I tell you all about and he feeds almost every game
and I lose because of him. almost had 3600 then I played with him
going on tilt
Godfuckingdamnit, you pick the only support on the team, and what do you get? Constant abuse if there's less then four wards on the map at any time
tell them to shut the fuck up
and then mute them so you got the last word in

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
At least they weren't doing funny youtube voices and screaming around reddit the entire time. Dota is the fucking worst.

It was the weirdest worst game. I took Skywrath intending to lane support, but then no-one else took a mid so I had to. We had both Slardar and Bounty and their Clinkz still got out of control because no-one else would buy wards or sentries, and I'm not sure if Bounty knew his ult kept Clinkz visible...

Dec

I don't intend to complain, because they aren't necessarily being mean. But just curious, there is language based queuing right? I swear 4/5 of my team mates are typing and speaking over mic in Spanish all the time.

I don't intend to complain, because they aren't necessarily being mean. But just curious, there is language based queuing right? I swear 4/5 of my team mates are typing and speaking over mic in Spanish all the time.

DotA 2 recently replaced Rosetta Stone as the #1 Language Learning Software in the World.

Acinixys

Hold on I saved a picture for this shit

EDIT: Here it is

1393176135087.png

As long as players blame Russians/Peruvians/Brazillians/Chinese/Filipinos for people completely ignoring language and region options--as opposed to making an effort to have effective region filtering--I think Valve is perfectly content with raising a generation of racists.

The only bad players I've had to mute were English-speaking ones, though. Russians barely use voice chat at all and spanish speakers usually just shout some occasional (I assume) profanity, but Americans will rant and complain for the whole length of the game.

Dec

As long as players blame Russians/Peruvians/Brazillians/Chinese/Filipinos for people completely ignoring language and region options--as opposed to making an effort to have effective region filtering--I think Valve is perfectly content with raising a generation of racists.

The only bad players I've had to mute were English-speaking ones, though. Russians barely use voice chat at all and spanish speakers usually just shout some occasional (I assume) profanity, but Americans will rant and complain for the whole length of the game.

I made sure to specify that they were not being rude. I have nothing against these people, I would just like to be able to communicate properly. What is the point of me using voice chat if no one on my team speaks English? It's one very useful method of coordination out the window.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
At least when the other players on my team don't speak English I can't tell what they've done to my mother.
English speakers though...my poor, poor mom.

shira

Valve: Everyone buys hats
I would just like to be able to communicate properly
Pings and drawings are more than sufficient.

I've run into less vocal South Americans lately ...I think the carnival theory might hold true.

A lot of raging Americans though..just had a game where I ran into a rager though..checked his profile and sure enough...in the middle of a 3 game losing streak.

ElyrionX

Filippinos speak perfect English. They just have very poor attitude in game and will flame everyone if things don't go well.

Russians don't speak an ounce of English and are just very very bad players. Interestingly, since raising my mmr (I play 50/50 normal and high bracket games these days) and playing only ranked, I rarely see Russians in my games on SEA server.

Aaron

I don't know if it's luck or not, but the Russians I've played with have all been polite, and usually know a little bit of English. Some were terrible, terrible players, but polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom