• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Insane winning streak one night, horrid loss streak the next. Also, last hitting with any mid for me is always such a challenge.

Acinixys

Insane winning streak one night, horrid loss streak the next. Also, last hitting with any mid for me is always such a challenge.

Mid is actually pretty easy to last hit in

Theres less pressure and unless youre up against someone with an insane animation who can deny you like crazy (sniper/gyro/QoP) you should be fine

Theres less pressure and unless youre up against someone with an insane animation who can deny you like crazy (sniper/gyro/QoP) you should be fine

It's also annoying if you're up against OD, getting banished takes its toll, especially if you're an Int hero. But if you're playing as SF against say, Sniper, you're gonna have a bad time for a few levels--at least with SF once you get Raze you can snake some last hits.

Wok

Happy new year GAF, I have something pretty big coming in 2014.

Small teaser:

QkQMhWd.png

If you like Shagbark there is something new on the way soon.

Could we have more info about this?

bbd23

Storm Spirit has become a new favorite of mine. I was really terrible with him before but started practicing against bots and since then I've been 6-0 :D

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

I was playing Shadow fiend against a storm spirit. Pretty sure he denied half of my last hits.

Spoke to a friend of mine and he said I should have just used my q,w,e and bottled for the regen until I got the damage for the last hits.

Pratfall

Felt a little lost playing carry pugna last night. I got first blood and some early kills but wasn't really sure what to build. I went arcanes, drums into Aghs and then started building BKB. We had basically lost the game at that point but I still felt like I had no idea what I was supposed to do in team fights besides drop my ward, bomb and then lifedrain. Also I was just immediately stunned out of existence so I am wondering if BKB should be a priority over aghs.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Ok how does one exactly solo against a Viper? I tend to always lose the lane if the player is semi competent.

I'm probably the last person in this thread you want to take advice from but he's super squishy so a gank from someone with a stun could net an early kill or two. Granted convincing someone from the side lane to gank mid and not the other way around is easier said than done.

It is kinda the hero in a nutshell, he is a lane dominator, but outside of corrosive skin he doesn't really have an escape. Call for support ganks.

I'm probably the last person in this thread you want to take advice from but he's super squishy so a gank from someone with a stun could net an early kill or two. Granted convincing someone from the side lane to gank mid and not the other way around is easier said than done.

Is there anything that doesn't involve requesting ganks haha? In my trench tier requesting ganks can sometimes be tricky proposition.

Razzer

Is there anything that doesn't involve requesting ganks haha? In my trench tier requesting ganks can sometimes be tricky proposition.

My only idea would be buy a shitton of regen when you see him picked and spent the first wave just harassing the shit out of him. If the dude is level 1 that means he can't have both corrosive skin and his orb, so that's the best time to trade blows. Kick him out of the lane. This tactic will obviously be super hard when you are melee, but do your best. I know I've seen pros when streaming literally ignore the creeps until they have bullied their opponent away.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, that's the best I got. Maybe pick someone who scales well with abilities who can simply force him out of lane?
Other than that, add me on Steam @ whiskeystrike. I'm always on the lookout for low mmr buddies who are also on the path to self-improvement (I mostly play random draft, no ranked). I'm busy this week but I'll be spamming games all next weekend.
_____

Decided to start spamming unfair bot games to help with cs'ing/denying in mid. The actual last hit training mission thingy the bots are set to passive I think.

Pratfall

Other than that, add me on Steam @ whiskeystrike. I'm always on the lookout for low mmr buddies who are also on the path to self-improvement (I mostly play random draft, no ranked). I'm busy this week but I'll be spamming games all next weekend.

Feel free to add me @pratfall as well. I'm about 3K MMR but don't really play ranked anymore. Just unranked RD.

Razor? Static link just kills his right click damage. Plus Viper has shit move speed and no escape. Speaking of Viper, I had a Russian Mirana player last night do nothing but nail viper in the face with arrows mid repeatedly. Made my life as QOP super easy..

Quesa

Has there been any word on when the patch with Techies will be released?

Considering the hints Cyborgmatt has been offering in this very thread I'm expecting that if you want to play as techies you'll have to buy the Shagbark plush

sorry mat :)

Sibylus

Banned
Forgetting how to use doorknobs, being unable to see the difference between low, medium, and high quality on the dreamleague stream... I think I need more sleep in the tank.

Edwardo

damn you are excited

I think think you understand the gravity of the situation.

Considering the hints Cyborgmatt has been offering in this very thread I'm expecting that if you want to play as techies you'll have to buy the Shagbark plush

sorry mat :)

Your soonest chance could be an update coinciding with the F2P documentary, but no big update has been announed yet, so keep hype in check.

Thanks. I'll just keep playing the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom