• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Why. Why do I keep getting shitty teammates? Even worse I keep getting teammates that are muted and just ping you forever and ever.

hylian i think you're losing because the enemy team has a slardar, not the muted player. pick slardar if you want easy wins

gotta go fast, aoe stun, +100 dmg bash, most -armor in game, truesight. best support/carry/initiator/jungler/tanker 2014

hylian i think you're losing because the enemy team has a slardar, not the muted player. pick slardar if you want easy wins

gotta go fast, aoe stun, +100 dmg bash, most -armor in game, truesight. best support/carry/initiator/jungler/tanker 2014

add to that: still the shittiest model in the game 2014

Dahbomb

Fuck I wanted to go to both EVO and TI4 this year.
If they are on the same weekend itll be a stream monster disaster.

Dahbomb help. EVO or TI4? Which one do I choose?
Signs are pointing to EVO not being as hype as last year. I loved being at EVO and meeting players last year but I feel like the sheen is gone. TI4 seems like bigger, better, more hype, and of course who can forget Secret Shop swag ($$$)
I have to agree that EVO does not look as hype as last year. Less games and aside from USF4 most games don't have huge hype going into the tournament. If I had already gone to EVO I would go to TI4.

I REALLY hope EVO and TI4 aren't on the same weekend.

Quesa

Why. Why do I keep getting shitty teammates? Even worse I keep getting teammates that are muted and just ping you forever and ever.

I'll do you one better: how about a Storm that picks him after the timer when we already have a dp who called mid, dies in lane, rage quits, comes back before the abandon, then solos and dies for the rest of the game. Finally, when dp has a legit dc he takes all her items. As in, adds them to his inventory, then feeds the dp to the enemy team till she comes back. Thank god this dude didn't use his mic.

The amount of stupidity I am facing tonight is really driving me over the edge. This MMR system is so flawed it's ridiculous.

I've been autolocking luna all night. I want to play position 1, no BS. I don't wait to all pick, I don't care if I get counter picked. Is this bad? Because my team compositions have been absolutely horrible.

Last game I auto lock Luna.

Rest of the team? Random Lycan, Timbersaw, Weaver, and final pick 20 seconds after the game starts? Spectre.

How do they lane? Me and WEAVER safelane, timber mid , lycan jungle and spectre offlane.

Weaver ofcourse fights me for last hits, and tells me how he will report me if I don't stop spamming "get back" over the chat system.

I love this fucking game, but I once again can't stand the community. It's absolutely horrible in pubs. Are all mobas like this? Really? All night I've been facing this shit.

I stacked 4 ancients with my helm of the dominator in a game earlier. What happened? Our riki and abadon stole the stacks, went and fed immediately after when they knew I was stacking the farm. How can these people be the same MMR as me? How can my game sense be this far ahead, but somehow we are on the same level?

shira

The amount of stupidity I am facing tonight is really driving me over the edge. This MMR system is so flawed it's ridiculous.

I've been autolocking luna all night. I want to play position 1, no BS. I don't wait to all pick, I don't care if I get counter picked. Is this bad? Because my team compositions have been absolutely horrible.

Rest of the team? Random Lycan, Timbersaw, Weaver, and final pick 20 seconds after the game starts? Spectre.

How do they lane? Me and WEAVER safelane, timber mid , lycan jungle and spectre offlane.

Weaver ofcourse fights me for last hits, and tells me how he will report me if I don't stop spamming "get back" over the chat system.

I love this fucking game, but I once again can't stand the community. It's absolutely horrible in pubs. Are all mobas like this? Really? All night I've been facing this shit.

I stacked 4 ancients with my helm of the dominator in a game earlier. What happened? Our riki and abadon stole the stacks, went and fed immediately after when they knew I was stacking the farm. How can these people be the same MMR as me? How can my game sense be this far ahead, but somehow we are on the same level?

break time

set for Shadow Shaman

Peacepipe and head feathers. . . idk dude

I clicked on the dawn pack and I saw snaggletooth in there. I see what you are up to you sly guy you! Real talk though, I want snaggle more than the other items lol

lol, well it is a bargain

bounchfx

hey guys, I've been away for a few days so I'm not sure if this is old news, but we submitted a ward and a set for Shadow Shaman recently - I did both in a week which was brutal as fuck but I'm quite happy with how they turned out. Please give em' a looksie and vote if you like them! :D

set:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233270614&searchtext=
637x358.resizedimage

ward:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233272618&searchtext=
637x358.resizedimage

Thanks a ton! I'll be more active once I get my shit all set up here <3

Hylian7

Abolutely crap on Shadow Fiend mid as Pudge.

Win game and stomp it.

Shadow Friend at the end: "gg pudge noob"

So....losing a lane to someone makes the person you lose the lane to a noob...

manfestival

hey guys, I've been away for a few days so I'm not sure if this is old news, but we submitted a ward and a set for Shadow Shaman recently - I did both in a week which was brutal as fuck but I'm quite happy with how they turned out. Please give em' a looksie and vote if you like them! :D

set:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233270614&searchtext=
637x358.resizedimage

ward:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233272618&searchtext=
637x358.resizedimage

Thanks a ton! I'll be more active once I get my shit all set up here <3
I clicked on the dawn pack and I saw snaggletooth in there. I see what you are up to you sly guy you! Real talk though, I want snaggle more than the other items lol

GorillaJu

Dude, if you're auto locking Luna you're part of the problem. People who want to play their own game and ignore the needs of the team are one of the many issues with the community. You're forcing everyone to build around you and betting on someone being nice enough to support the team. If I had you on my team I'd be saying the same thing "fuck this community I get stuck supporting every game because greedy fucks gotta play carry and rice for an hour."

That weaver has every right to compete with you for last hits and if you kept spamming "Get back!" I'd report you too

NBtoaster

Dude, if you're auto locking Luna you're part of the problem. People who want to play their own game and ignore the needs of the team are one of the many issues with the community. You're forcing everyone to build around you and betting on someone being nice enough to support the team. If I had you on my team I'd be saying the same thing "fuck this community I get stuck supporting every game because greedy fucks gotta play carry and rice for an hour."

That weaver has every right to compete with you for last hits and if you kept spamming "Get back!" I'd report you too

There's nothing wrong with first picking a hero you want to play. People need to build their team around the earlier picks. If they don't want to, too bad, they should pick sooner.

Hylian7

You are kind of a noob for letting it get to you. :)
Who says it got to me? I laughed.

Nothing will top the time (a year or two ago) I was Pudge mid against Storm Spirit. I got FB on him at 3, then kept killing him over and over again. He starts pausing and saying "NOOB PUDGE FUCKING LUCKY HOOK" and then the best line: "YOU DISRESPECT THE GAME" then he abandoned a few minutes later.

Ketch

There's nothing wrong with first picking a hero you want to play. People need to build their team around the earlier picks. If they don't want to, too bad, they should pick sooner.

First picking is not the same as insta locking. If you don't care to coordinate with your team before you pick then how are you going to be mad when they do the same thing. Reap what you sow.

Ignoring the needs of the team? I can consistently put up 750-800 GPM as Luna with any sort of decent lane support. I don't trust anyone else to carry. It's the position I am comfortable in the most, and the place I can contribute the most to a win. I can carry a game like not many others I've seen at my current MMR, but it requires a bit of support. I can't do it alone. I can't farm or do jack all shit when my team picks what they do. I pick first. They don't have to pick around me, but if you're going to pick last and wait 20 seconds after the game starts you are accepting the fact that more often than not you'll be playing support. Either pick faster, or speak your intentions the moment the game starts. Hardly anyone uses the lane function on the map in the bottom left either. Not to mention the problem that is still Peruvians that don't speak English and the fact you can't even communicate them to coordinate anything in the game anyway. I've also been getting a ton of NP's who push out all lanes constantly allowing the enemy to farm easily on their side of the map. Or the jungle lycan, axe, np, or even troll lately that refuses to do anything but jungle, typically weakening the safe or offlane against a snowball lineup that just facerolls us the entire match.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I don't mind when people die alot, but god I hate it when people pick Faceless Void- go 1-13 or whatever and then still try and kill people with Chrono with treads and a quelling blade

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Snaggletooth needs to be added right meow!!
I have Coco, but he needs some red panda company.

Karakand

Who says it got to me? I laughed.

Nothing will top the time (a year or two ago) I was Pudge mid against Storm Spirit. I got FB on him at 3, then kept killing him over and over again. He starts pausing and saying "NOOB PUDGE FUCKING LUCKY HOOK" and then the best line: "YOU DISRESPECT THE GAME" then he abandoned a few minutes later.

idk, seemed that way, sorry. I personally enjoy a good "eziest game of my life" in all chat after being stomped or spamming "gg ff" after the other team asks me to finish fast but still plays the game.

#dead @ disrespecting the game

Hylian7

idk, seemed that way, sorry. I personally enjoy a good "eziest game of my life" in all chat after being stomped or spamming "gg ff" after the other team asks me to finish fast but still plays the game.

#dead @ disrespecting the game

"gg ez"

It was a 50 minute game with a baserace.

Trasher

I don't recall swtift getting mad at people.
Tswift called me a "fag" for picking BH and proceeded to rage on mumble about it after the game was over.

Really I think he was just mad that he lost to Freakinchair.

But yeah, you'd generally like to not see that sort of behavior in IHs. Most everyone is pretty nice though no matter the skill level.

ElyrionX

First picking is always bad because you are essentially setting yourself up to be counterpicked. These days I go offlane Slark (ez wins ez life) most games and I communicate this at the start of the game. I don't pick before the timer has reached zero which gives me time to change my pick if I see a hard counter on the other team or if I see a huge gap in my own team composition.

While I do agree that people should pick around the person who picked first, you are doing your team a huge disservice by instalocking because everyone suffers when a team's carry gets countered. Second of all, I'm not sure how you can reasonably expect four random strangers to conform to your expectations when solo queueing, especially when it comes to playing carry since virtually everyone loves playing the 1 position.

Also, that Weaver had as much right to the farm as you.

The issue is not with the MMR system. It lies with you. Just like the other guy who was in here last week bragging about how he abandon games five minutes in if it doesn't go his way, you don't realize it but you are very much a part of the very problem (toxic community) that you are complaining about.

Nirvana

Ignoring the needs of the team? I can consistently put up 750-800 GPM as Luna with any sort of decent lane support. I don't trust anyone else to carry. It's the position I am comfortable in the most, and the place I can contribute the most to a win. I can carry a game like not many others I've seen at my current MMR, but it requires a bit of support. I can't do it alone. I can't farm or do jack all shit when my team picks what they do. I pick first. They don't have to pick around me, but if you're going to pick last and wait 20 seconds after the game starts you are accepting the fact that more often than not you'll be playing support. Either pick faster, or speak your intentions the moment the game starts. Hardly anyone uses the lane function on the map in the bottom left either. Not to mention the problem that is still Peruvians that don't speak English and the fact you can't even communicate them to coordinate anything in the game anyway. I've also been getting a ton of NP's who push out all lanes constantly allowing the enemy to farm easily on their side of the map. Or the jungle lycan, axe, np, or even troll lately that refuses to do anything but jungle, typically weakening the safe or offlane against a snowball lineup that just facerolls us the entire match.

90% of your posts seem to be you thinking you are god's gift to Dota and complaining about your teammates. You need to come to the realisation that every loss you contribute to in some way, whether you go 26/2 or 2/26, concentrate on what you can improve instead of bitching people out 24/7.

GorillaJu

You don't trust anyone else to carry but guess what? They don't trust you either. Why should they implicitly trust you? What reason to they have to believe that you are going to win them the game when they feel fully capable themselves?

You can get 750-800gpm on Luna with the team's support. Literally anyone can get 750-800gpm on Luna if the team supports them properly.

It's not fun when its a race to call mid or carry. Anyone who immediately picks those roles and expects the team to support them comes across as greedy and selfish. You're blaming your teammates for waiting to pick when you've basically forced them to re-think their stategy and pick something that goes well with Luna. Maybe they had plans coming into the game to do a push strat, or an aggressive tri-lane with a double stun. But nope, Thacker wants to farm safe lane to get his 750-800gpm, everyone drop everything and do what he wants.

Like I said, part of the problem.

ElyrionX

Tswift called me a "fag" for picking BH and proceeded to rage on mumble about it after the game was over.

Really I think he was just mad that he lost to Freakinchair.

But yeah, you'd generally like to not see that sort of behavior in IHs. Most everyone is pretty nice though no matter the skill level.

I had my first Gafhouse last weekend (250 ping from SEA FTW) and someone actually ragequit abandoned 10 minutes in lol. In my many years of playing IHs, I think that's the first time I've ever seen that happening.

sixghost

You don't trust anyone else to carry but guess what? They don't trust you either. Why should they implicitly trust you? What reason to they have to believe that you are going to win them the game when they feel fully capable themselves?

You can get 750-800gpm on Luna with the team's support. Literally anyone can get 750-800gpm on Luna if the team supports them properly.

It's not fun when its a race to call mid or carry. Anyone who immediately picks those roles and expects the team to support them comes across as greedy and selfish. You're blaming your teammates for waiting to pick when you've basically forced them to re-think their stategy and pick something that goes well with Luna. Maybe they had plans coming into the game to do a push strat, or an aggressive tri-lane with a double stun. But nope, Thacker wants to farm safe lane to get his 750-800gpm, everyone drop everything and do what he wants.

Like I said, part of the problem.

Pretty much agree with this. If you aren't prepared to play any position, don't queue. I usually try to ask what people want to play before picking, so this sort of thing happens less. Obviously you're going to get the occasional guy that says nothing then last picks shadow fiend when you need a support, but oh well.

GorillaJu

I had my first Gafhouse last weekend (250 ping from SEA FTW) and someone actually ragequit abandoned 10 minutes in lol. In my many years of playing IHs, I think that's the first time I've ever seen that happening.

That was me. Sorry for ruining that game. I just hate in-houses and I have no idea why I took the invitation to join.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you autolock any hero, you don't really get to complain about composition.

Frankly, if I pick a carry in a pub, I do it under the assumption that even if everyone else picks carries I'm going to do my thing to try to win. This might mean half assed jungling, going mid, buying courier, wards, whatever.

Boken

Banned
i told you guys that inhouses were bad

why dont you just play league of legends

ElyrionX

That was me. Sorry for ruining that game. I just hate in-houses and I have no idea why I took the invitation to join.

Haha that Lina was you? I don't get it though. Why so angry? IHs have no impact on your MMR or win loss. Whether you win or lose, you can always learn something.

bounchfx

Snaggletooth needs to be added right meow!!
I have Coco, but he needs some red panda company.

I agree! We really, really want to see him in there. I think he's really cool... Hopefully they'll put him in soon. It feels like it's been forever since we've seen a courier. :(

Mohasus

Instalock is fine if it's a hero that can do most roles like mirana or windranger.

And some supports are fun to play and can win you games like AA and enchantress (+mirana and windranger). Well, most can but these are strong even if your team doesn't know how to push.

My MMR is 5.1k.

Ketch

I've played a bunch of ranked team games, like maybe 8 or 9... and I'm above the level requirement, but my MMR hasn't updated.. how long is it supposed to take?

also, I hate that AP is the only way to play ranked because AP is shit and now nobody wants to play RD with me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom