• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaex

I missed out on TI3 - how exactly does the Compendium stuff work? Or is it just not implemented yet? Seemed like would be something interactive to some extent.

Great games by Na'Vi. The more chaotic and the more blink daggers the better they play.

Not in yet.

Cosmetic items will likely come out in the next few days (Likely tonight), something on Valve's end is holding them up. You will get a Hud, a Loading Screen, a Battle Bonus, and once a few more ticket sales happen, we will get a Pudge "Chain Saw", and an Invoker set (Though the Invoker set won't be given out until the end of the month).

No pictures of what they look like though. They are going to have an entire TI3 style compendium with stretch goals for Dreamleauge.

?

Wheres the dreamleague schedule with the games being played this week? Cant find it on their own official website :/
Should be through the tickets calender in the client.

Also they're saying you can still make a fantasy league... maybe I will still get in it...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dreamleauge only plays Monday though Wednesday, right?

Also, if we can make more Fantasy Leagues, I'd love to get in on a 6 person gaf one. I

shira

Hey guys. Been out the loop for a while.
Is there a GAF fantasy league for DH?
it's limited to 6 people so there are some gaf leagues but no giant one
Does it still work that if i watch in twitch i am eligable for item drops? is that an every tournament thing, or just a TI thing?
idk, maybe matt can answer that
I missed out on TI3 - how exactly does the Compendium stuff work? Or is it just not implemented yet? Seemed like would be something interactive to some extent.
so far the only things that are similar are the fantasy league and the stretch goals, rewards for stretch goals have not yet arrived
Any shots of the Hud, or the Invoker set? I imagine the loading screen is just going to be a giant version of the tournament logo.

ETA late march. . . modeler probably not done yet

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I wonder how uncomfortable team Empire is lately, with half the team from Ukraine and the other half from Russia

Hylian7

I complained earlier in the thread that Pudge is a piece of shit hero who brings nothing and loses games

v91jNek.png

It fucking happened again.

He literally only died to Viper and Spec by going in 1v5 when i asked him not to multiple times

They got super super fed and although we managed to push to thier T4s and almost win, a team cant do shit playing 4v5 (Pudge was useless all game)

We wiped them mutiple times, but you cant carry dead weight vs such a fed Spectre

pudge is a worthless hero and the amount hes first picked witha trigger finger astounds me, specially when you cant play him. Pudge players just pick him even when you called mid with a puck or bat, its annoying as hell.

Same with Axe and Bloodseeker, worthless heroes in ranked.

These could not be anymore incorrect. Pudge is a great hero and extremely underestimated. In the games mentioned above, those Pudges were just doing it wrong. At level 7 you have a 1300 range initiation. That's almost as long as Earth Spirit's used to be. Now granted, Pudge's requires precise aiming of a skillshot, the payoff is extremely worth it. As you saw in Na'Vi vs Tong Fu in TI3, all you have to do is make the hooks and Pudge redeems himself.

"But Hylian, it's easy to deal with Pudge stuff like Enigmites and good positioning!"

Correct, however you need the element of surprise. You should buy yourself smokes to get somewhere that people don't expect you to be. When you get an illusion rune, don't just send those things to die into the enemy hero or tower, leave it on the mid and try to make it act somewhat like a person is actually playing that hero, while you smoke and go hook someone in another lane (or the mid).

Hooking takes practice, but when you are good at it, you can guarantee that Pudge is a viable hero in ranked. I'm one of those "useless Pudge pickers" and usually do pretty damn well with it.

FACE

Banned
I want to buy the DreamLeague compendium but I'm not finding anything but the ticket on the store. What should I do?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want to buy the DreamLeague compendium but I'm not finding anything but the ticket on the store. What should I do?

The ticket will come with the Compendium once its patched in, which should be later tonight (but valve time and all)

sixghost

The ticket is actually free if you just want to watch the games I think. The ticket just gives you the items and compendium.

That 18 MB update we just had? Fixed a single Typo.

Maybe Valve needs to revamp Dota's patching system.
It's not 18MB to fix a single typo, come on...

There were bug fixes to the DreamLeague non-ticket spectating and some fantasy league UI fixes.
Wheres the dreamleague schedule with the games being played this week? Cant find it on their own official website :/
http://www.dreamhack.se/dhs14/2014/02/28/the-schedule/
Does it still work that if i watch in twitch i am eligable for item drops? is that an every tournament thing, or just a TI thing?
If you own the ticket then yes.

pudge is a worthless hero and the amount hes first picked witha trigger finger astounds me, specially when you cant play him. Pudge players just pick him even when you called mid with a puck or bat, its annoying as hell.

Same with Axe and Bloodseeker, worthless heroes in ranked.

DEMS FIGHTIN WORDS

Kade

Are there inhouses for the bad players on GAF? I watched one of the in houses and there was a successful gank so I'm kind of intimidated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom