• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, people like that amaze me. I probably could significantly increase my winrate if I always picked Shadow Shaman but I would just get bored, as much as I love that hero

This.

The matchmaking system shits itself whenever people with major difference in mmr party up.

Removing Solo queue is the worst change Valve has done to this game.

I checked, everyone in the game was solo Q'ed.

Most of the friends on his list had 2k+ games, so I am assuming he is a smurf just practicing void or something.

You think other people aren't wondering the same thing about getting matched with you?

38wlrQi.jpg

I've already covered this. I crush with Luna with any sort of support (as apparently does everyone as 800 gpm is a walk in the park for every Dota player)

inkls

Had an 11 games losing streak, won 1 game, spent the next 10+ games in coop vs ai. I have to say Doom is pretty fun, I've been playing him in the jungle recently. I really do enjoy playing him against shadowblade reliant pubstompers.

I've had one bad pub game with him so far. I tell my team I'm going jungle Doom. Ember spirit goes mid, Earthshaker goes top. We also have an alch and a faceless void. Alch decided he didn't want to go in lane and started stacking ancients leaving our void alone against a centaur and a kotl. Centaur got fed. I managed to gank him once, but he got out of control pretty quickly after he got his blink dagger. We were fighting a losing 4v5 while alchemist keeps farming. He only stops farming after we have nothing left in mid lane and turns out his farm is pretty weak when the entire enemy team has farmed our team.

He also got mad earlier in the game when faceless went to take his last-hits on ancients since he couldn't get any in lane. He wanted to report faceless for stealing his farm saying he needed it more then FV did. Doesn't listen to his team when we try to explain to him that he shouldn't have spent 30 minutes afk farming and then be surprised we're losing, still insults us. He was pretty much this: http://www.dotallyrad.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fatbad.png

Kept insulting us, reported him for language abuse, told him to enjoy low prio. Got a report one game later that action had been taken, feelsgood.

Anyway. Lost 4 out of 5 after getting out of bots games, back to bots :/

manfestival

Why do people get so mad about midas on doom or lifestealer? Also, I saw midas on a sven yesterday in one of those pro games and they were saying how sven is one of the heroes that would benefit the most from it but I can imagine people would immediately complain if I used it on him.

Fuchsdh

Need to play 10 calibration matches in a group for your party mmr to show up. You can hover the "TBD" in your profile to see how many matches you still need to play for it to update. It's instant.

CM and CD are also available for ranked games. RD is fun once in a while sure but yeah, it would break the matchmaking system to have it included in ranked games.

So there's no -sd in ranked? I think that's my favorite mode, personally.

G.ZZZ

You think other people aren't wondering the same thing about getting matched with you?

38wlrQi.jpg

Motherfucker you never post here but now finally i can say this: fuck you and your skills.

Also you find feeders and ragers in every tier. Most people don't care, except ragers cause they like to rage at other people rage and rage and rage and rage more until they write hatemail to valve cause their life sucks and it's a game fault. Different priorities and all i guess.

SamVimes

Motherfucker you never post here but now finally i can say this: fuck you and your skills.

Also you find feeders and ragers in every tier. Most people don't care, except ragers cause they like to rage at other people rage and rage and rage and rage more until they write hatemail to valve cause their life sucks and it's a game fault. Different priorities and all i guess.

gzzz complaining about ragers i've seen it all

inkls

Why do people get so mad about midas on doom or lifestealer? Also, I saw midas on a sven yesterday in one of those pro games and they were saying how sven is one of the heroes that would benefit the most from it but I can imagine people would immediately complain if I used it on him.

Probably because it delay's doom effectiveness and the current meta is shorter games. If you're going late-game and your team can handle a 4v5 its no problem, but otherwise its gold you could have spent building something else.

G.ZZZ

gzzz complaining about ragers i've seen it all

I dun rage on forums, i just flame for funzies ez.

Water is wet etc

EDIT; actually thinking about it, i'm all about namecalling. Who the fuck care about flaming randoms pubbsers who can't flame u bakc, wow u much ball courage very intrepid lmao

Demoli

Just had a game where my team's luna sold everything, bought a rapier, and proceeded to walk into the enemy's tower.

God i hate this game sometimes.

I kind of feel bad :(

Last night I played a game where a mediocre QoP said innocently "Oh well, guess we all loosers" at the end of the game. I took the typo and made a pun saying "Yea, QoP seems pretty loose to me lol" and he replied "Yea, you're a professional player, right?"

Turns out the guy wasn't a native english speaker and didn't understand the pun and thought I was giving him a hard time :(
I tried explaining what I meant, but he didn't reply (I assume he muted me)

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I kind of feel bad :(

Last night I played a game where a mediocre QoP said innocently "Oh well, guess we all loosers" at the end of the game. I took the typo and made a pun saying "Yea, QoP seems pretty loose to me lol" and he replied "Yea, you're a professional player, right?"

Turns out the guy wasn't a native english speaker and didn't understand the pun and thought I was giving him a hard time :(
I tried explaining what I meant, but he didn't reply (I assume he muted me)
You're a toxic player

Low Tier
Just had a game where my team's luna sold everything, bought a rapier, and proceeded to walk into the enemy's tower.

God i hate this game sometimes.

SO THEN YOU INSTALOCK TERRORBLADE?

also everyones toxic get over it ur toxic too u just dont know it were all toxic its what makes dota so great

manfestival

SO THEN YOU INSTALOCK TERRORBLADE?

also everyones toxic get over it ur toxic too u just dont know it were all toxic its what makes dota so great

This philosophy is probably the best approach to take dota on with. At least its the most honest one.

Had an 11 games losing streak, won 1 game, spent the next 10+ games in coop vs ai. /

Story of my life last night man, my solo mmr just went to shit, and i wasnt going to sleep until after i won one. 8 hours later, 11 losses after, i finall win a game and i go to sleep. sometimes the dota gods just dont want me to do well.

We got some toxic crusaders in this thread. My friends and I got owned by a solo mid earth shaker yesterday . The guy went 25 and 1 on us. It was so demoralizing that my friend was apologizing profusely in team chat about getting wrecked mid against him.

Artanisix

Thacker, I think you should take a good, hard look at the below picture:
8EXb78a.png

This is your overall Luna stat for the 6.80 patch. You need to dial back your ego about ten notches right now. You're at the point in your dota phase where you have a decent understanding of how the game plays, but based off the two replays I watched, your mechanics are not sound and, as much as you complain about your teammates, are a pretty poor team contributor yourself. You'll improve a lot faster if you just concentrate on your own gameplay instead of constantly whining about non-english speakers and "faulty" mmr systems.

And Pimpmuckl + Lily are the most boring casters ever. They are muted somehow half the time and just aren't into the game at all it seems. I could sleep while watching their stream.

Tobi is more enthusiastic during a draft.

38wlrQi.jpg

Thacker, I think you should take a good, hard look at the below picture:
8EXb78a.png

This is your overall Luna stat for the 6.80 patch. You need to dial back your ego about ten notches right now. You're at the point in your dota phase where you have a decent understanding of how the game plays, but based off the two replays I watched, your mechanics are not sound and, as much as you complain about your teammates, are a pretty poor team contributor yourself. You'll improve a lot faster if you just concentrate on your own gameplay instead of constantly whining about non-english speakers and "faulty" mmr systems.

It's getting way too real in here

Chris R

You'll improve a lot faster if you just concentrate on your own gameplay instead of constantly whining about non-english speakers and "faulty" mmr systems.

But this is a problem :( I know I'm not good, but no way in hell am I as bad as some of the brainless idiots I get grouped with.

Vaporak

But this is a problem :( I know I'm not good, but no way in hell am I as bad as some of the brainless idiots I get grouped with.

There's 5 people on a team and if you are all just as good as each other, you have a 1/5 chance of doing the worst on your team vs 4/5 chance of one of the brainless idiots you get grouped with doing the worst. But the same is true of everyone else. If you aren't careful that can feed you a lot of confirmation bias concerning your own abilities relative to your average team.

why would you ban night stalker

you ban shadow fiend

i dont know the teams that well though i guess

edit oh they wanted it

and they didnt really go full in minus armor

Chris R

There's 5 people on a team and if you are all just as good as each other, you have a 1/5 chance of doing the worst on your team vs 4/5 chance of one of the brainless idiots you get grouped with doing the worst. But the same is true of everyone else. If you aren't careful that can feed you a lot of confirmation bias concerning your own abilities relative to your average team.

I've found it to be the worst when I play supports and try to actually support. Almost never turns out well, and ends up with the team bitching at me "GG no wards" even with me buying them all game.

Hence the TB insta picks -> Carry the shit out of the team -> Win the game method I've started working with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom