• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
These could not be anymore incorrect. Pudge is a great hero and extremely underestimated. In the games mentioned above, those Pudges were just doing it wrong. At level 7 you have a 1300 range initiation. That's almost as long as Earth Spirit's used to be. Now granted, Pudge's requires precise aiming of a skillshot, the payoff is extremely worth it. As you saw in Na'Vi vs Tong Fu in TI3, all you have to do is make the hooks and Pudge redeems himself.

"But Hylian, it's easy to deal with Pudge stuff like Enigmites and good positioning!"

Correct, however you need the element of surprise. You should buy yourself smokes to get somewhere that people don't expect you to be. When you get an illusion rune, don't just send those things to die into the enemy hero or tower, leave it on the mid and try to make it act somewhat like a person is actually playing that hero, while you smoke and go hook someone in another lane (or the mid).

Hooking takes practice, but when you are good at it, you can guarantee that Pudge is a viable hero in ranked. I'm one of those "useless Pudge pickers" and usually do pretty damn well with it.

http://weneedwards.com/meathook/

Dat training tho

shira

Holy Shit, booking time off for TI4 --> July

Inside sources and teams have all but confirmed.
http://www.ongamers.com/articles/th...y-dota-2-at-mlg-anaheim-in-jeopardy/1100-963/
Seattle's Key Arena is one of the venues currently being considered, and has a capacity of just over 17,000 for basketball games, and 15,000 for high-end concerts, according to the arena's official website.

Dont forget to vote for the Reddit poll TI4 qualifer or direct invitee closes about 10pm EST

shira

Bummer, I was thinking about going to MLG Anacrime.

Yeah I can see teams only playing 1 of the big LAN's not to get burnt out. It's kind of stupid for them to have scheduled them so close together without a chance for date changing. Alliance and Navi even bailed on games a month before TI3.

Matchmaking working as intended

160lMnx.jpg

Ketch

Anyone want to coach me playing Nature's Prophet?

Here's a game: 547320228 (keep in mind this is wood tier)

I know why we lost, (anti mage with one death). I'm not asking about that. But I don't think my split push is very successful... and I don't know what do do differently.

In general, I thought my performance was ok considering my skill level and the fact that it's only like my 3rd time playing the hero. But I still don't really feel like I know what I'm doing.

I know why we lost, (anti mage with one death). I'm not asking about that. But I don't think my split push is very successful... and I don't know what do do differently.

In general, I thought my performance was ok considering my skill level and the fact that it's only like my 3rd time playing the hero. But I still don't really feel like I know what I'm doing.

I'm downloading it now, but right off the bat you bought a crit and sheep sticks. Both great items... but not for split pushing necessarily. Buy a necro 3 and you can just absent mindedly send them off and they take towers for you.

Kard8p3

Just a general tip: Necro NP is annoying as hell to deal with it.

Ketch

I'm downloading it now, but right off the bat you bought a crit and sheep sticks. Both great items... but not for split pushing necessarily. Buy a necro 3 and you can just absent mindedly send them off and they take towers for you.

Yea, I can see that. We had a serious anti mage problem going on so I was trying to figure out how to deal with that. I thought maybe like an early quelling blade might be pretty good for split pushing...

again, I'm super bush league... almost to 100 wins.

so you believe that if it was working as intended stomps wouldnt happen?

It shouldn't be like this.

I got upset, checked a few of the enemy steam profiles. Some of them with 200-300 hours total played in dota, 2 total games on the account and only 5-10 hours in the last two weeks. This is 3500mmr solo.

Is smurfing a thing in this game?

Yea, I can see that. We had a serious anti mage problem going on so I was trying to figure out how to deal with that. I thought maybe like an early quelling blade might be pretty good for split pushing...

again, I'm super bush league... almost to 100 wins.

I watched up to 25 minutes. You did a good job jungling. You didn't bother getting a basi as you didn't need it allowing you to get the midas way earlier. Awesome. You kept an eye all around the map to see when you could help your team. Awesome. I think part of the problem was after an engagement you just stayed with them too long or returned to the jungle. At almost any point from 10 minutes to 25 I was always asking why are you there? Why aren't you ____? At 22 ish minutes your team was grouped up at mid, and you were in the jungle while top lane was pushing in with no one on either team there. You should have been there pushing it out. At that point your team could be fighting, you tp in. If they don't fight and decide to pick you off, you use the shadowblade and they just wasted their time. That's what it's there for. You were never really in balls deep on their side of the map unless you were trying to pick off an escaping ogre magi or anything and I don't think I ever saw you use the shadowblade. Constantly be in a lane pushing really hard and if you don't see any enemies on the map run away invisibly and teleport somewhere else. No need to return to the jungle unless you're just passing through or having a REALLY rough game, which you weren't. Also yeah you're team should have kept down the anti mage more earlier but that doesn't rest solely on your shoulders :p

Just general map awareness and stuff. When you play against a really good natures prophet he can be super super annoying and you can learn a lot by just understanding where you need to be to be the most annoying jerk in the universe.

Ketch

thanks for the tips steve. I'm gonna keep playing him. I like that he can be really impactful late game without having to worry so much about last hitting in the very early game.

Dem fundamentals. game is hard.

edit: I will say, I often see a lane I could go push, but then decide not to because there's no enemy heroes on the map. In that situation you think I should just go for it? spawn trees try to take out a wave real quick and then get back? Keep pushing until I see someone show up? I guess it's just a game sense thing maybe

sephi22

Fuck I wanted to go to both EVO and TI4 this year.
If they are on the same weekend itll be a stream monster disaster.

Dahbomb help. EVO or TI4? Which one do I choose?
Signs are pointing to EVO not being as hype as last year. I loved being at EVO and meeting players last year but I feel like the sheen is gone. TI4 seems like bigger, better, more hype, and of course who can forget Secret Shop swag ($$$)

thanks for the tips steve. I'm gonna keep playing him. I like that he can be really impactful late game without having to worry so much about last hitting in the very early game.

Dem fundamentals. game is hard.

edit: I will say, I often see a lane I could go push, but then decide not to because there's no enemy heroes on the map. In that situation you think I should just go for it? spawn trees try to take out a wave real quick and then get back? Keep pushing until I see someone show up? I guess it's just a game sense thing maybe

You bitch at your supports for wards :p

You can send a single tree out in a vulnerable direction if you feel you should (and you probably should). Also helps with pushing so you can take their creeps away before they hit the tower keeping yours aggro'd correctly.

And yeah it totally is game sense. It's just lots of experience and saying 'well i would be doing this so...'.

But it can be totally satisfying shadowblading right before someone comes out of fog to stun you and then you just get the tower anyway and they just wasted all that effort :(

It's also one of those things where you can always get better at. I'm bad at it. Almost every nature's prophet game I play I get a little bit better.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So can I join multiple fantasy leagues at once, or no?

Yes, you can be in as many leagues as you want, but you can only create a single league.

TI4 being in July would likely make it super tough to attend. Maybe if its takes place at the end of the week again, and is still 5 days long, I could make it work.

Airan

Does anyone know if Crit calculations are done for each separate cleave instance? E.g. If I went triple BF and Daed on Ember would each cleave instance have a chance to crit, or if I roll a crit chance it would apply to all cleave instances?

G.ZZZ

Does anyone know if Crit calculations are done for each separate cleave instance? E.g. If I went triple BF and Daed on Ember would each cleave instance have a chance to crit, or if I roll a crit chance it would apply to all cleave instances?

Cleave isn't a separate source of damage, it depend on your main attack. So if your main attack crit, all cleave will be "critted".

Also yeah Tswift big rager.

Chris R

Absolute ideal time for me would be the second week of august. It it ocures early enough in July though, I may be able to work school around it
By playing hooky to summer courses

I'm good with whenever, but the late august would have lined up perfectly with some Mariners games :(

shira

Cleave isn't a separate source of damage, it depend on your main attack. So if your main attack crit, all cleave will be "critted".

Also yeah Tswift big rager.

Cleave is also "pure" damage (armor is not taken into account for cleave) so if you see a creep near the enemy, hit the creep and the "pure" goes to the heroes. If you crit gg.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Very humbling game. Thought I was starting to get pretty good, but not enough to not get matched with a double stout Axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom