• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Watching Merlini's stream.
I love how analytical he gets throughout the game. He's always looking for different ways that the game could go whether he's stomping or in a close game or getting stomped.

I've played a bunch of ranked team games, like maybe 8 or 9... and I'm above the level requirement, but my MMR hasn't updated.. how long is it supposed to take?

also, I hate that AP is the only way to play ranked because AP is shit and now nobody wants to play RD with me anymore.

MMR comes into play after 10 ranked games I think.

Madouu

I've played a bunch of ranked team games, like maybe 8 or 9... and I'm above the level requirement, but my MMR hasn't updated.. how long is it supposed to take?

also, I hate that AP is the only way to play ranked because AP is shit and now nobody wants to play RD with me anymore.

Need to play 10 calibration matches in a group for your party mmr to show up. You can hover the "TBD" in your profile to see how many matches you still need to play for it to update. It's instant.

CM and CD are also available for ranked games. RD is fun once in a while sure but yeah, it would break the matchmaking system to have it included in ranked games.

Ketch

Need to play 10 calibration matches in a group for your party mmr to show up. You can hover the "TBD" in your profile to see how many matches you still need to play for it to update. It's instant.

CM and CD are also available for ranked games. RD is fun once in a while sure but yeah, it would break the matchmaking system to have it included in ranked games.

Well, maybe I can get the rest of my crew to try CD then.

GorillaJu

Haha that Lina was you? I don't get it though. Why so angry? IHs have no impact on your MMR or win loss. Whether you win or lose, you can always learn something.

I know, I am not a big MMR fiend as I'm an old school dota player, I'd rather just have good individual games and improve than increase a semi-arbitrary number.

I just don't have fun in inhouses, like I said, they're a slog to me and I only join them because people I know/like are in them. It's just not how I enjoy dota, though. Too much of a mixture of ideals between people who play serious and are good, people who play serious and aren't so good, people who fuck around and are good, people who fuck around and are not so good. I see why it can be fun for others, I just enjoy them 1 time out of 10, if that.

Hylian7

I feel like there needs to be some mode that's basically a mix of Random Draft and All Pick. (All Draft?)

Basically you would use the same turn order of Random Draft, but the entire hero pool would be available.

Hylian7

have you tried

captains mode

I knew someone would say that.

The difference in Captains Mode is it takes forever, one guy is in charge of your team (unless he takes input from the team).

In Random Draft, everybody gets to pick their own thing, but there is some kind of turn order to it, and it's not "wait til the last second and play chicken with the gold loss and then get counterpicked immediately" Sure, in this theoretical mode you can get counterpicked, but you have a chance to counterpick those that picked before you, etc.

Glix

I had such a fun team of random dudes, and we stomped in ranked All Pick.

Yet...

It just made me even more salty about the other 99 percent of the time when I'm with the asshole/moron/idiot squad.

Hylian, your idea would not stop morons on your team from making moron hero picks. "Oh, we have a jungler and a solo offlaner all sorted out? Lemme just last pick Natures Prophet..."

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd probably kill myself before playing 10 times the games as pub support.

Quesa

I'd probably kill myself before playing 10 times the games as pub support.

Actually I just thought people would use it to fuck with people. "What are you talking about Terrorblade is a support I bought a salve and everything"

Nirvana

Watching Merlini's stream.
I love how analytical he gets throughout the game. He's always looking for different ways that the game could go whether he's stomping or in a close game or getting stomped.

He's the streamer I watch the most. Never rages, never shits on his teammates and always analyses his mistakes. When he talks about the mistakes his team or the other team makes, he always tells them what they should/could have done, rather than just telling them they were wrong and he makes these same assessments of himself.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
There's nothing wrong with first picking a hero you want to play. People need to build their team around the earlier picks. If they don't want to, too bad, they should pick sooner.

I agree, but you shouldn't whine when your team immediately follows up with randoms or heroes they would like to play. "I want to play X hard carry so I'm instalocking it every game and expect my team to build around me." No, that's not how solo queue works. If you want to win games, you wait for the randomers, you wait for the middiots, and then you pick based on the team needs.

If you want to instalock the same hero every game, then be ready to deal with the consequences, you're picking selfishly just like everyone else--sometimes you'll get a nice dude who will be willing to support you, and sometimes you're going to get 4 copies of yourself that instantly follow up with 4 other hard carries.

I can't abide people that last pick something awful at the very last second and screw up the team comp., but I also can't abide people that immediately instalock a 1 or mid (perfect example are the invoker pickers) and expect everyone to acquiesce to their demands every game. It reminds me of the forever childhish "OMG OMG OMG I CALLED IT FIRST I CALLED IT FIRST."

Razzer

Man, I'm looking for pro Timbersaw games and the in-game search function sucks ass. I literally type his name into the bar and apply and it gives me exactly the same games as before (Timbersaw is not in any of them). I don't suppose anyone knows the last time DK played him? I'd like to see IceIceIce play him cus I know he's one of the best.

Edit: Found one through Dotabuff, still open to suggestions if anyone knows any good ones though.

Hylian7

Streaming a match or two of late night doto!

http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

Man, I'm looking for pro Timbersaw games and the in-game search function sucks ass. I literally type his name into the bar and apply and it gives me exactly the same games as before (Timbersaw is not in any of them). I don't suppose anyone knows the last time DK played him? I'd like to see IceIceIce play him cus I know he's one of the best.

Edit: Found one through Dotabuff, still open to suggestions if anyone knows any good ones though.

Try "Shredder". Things are a bit bugged in some places and some heroes are known by their development names. I tried "Shredder" and every single game that came up had Timbersaw in it. This is something they need to fix.

Same thing goes for some other ones too, such as Zeus = Zuus. Volvo pls fix.

Chris R

There was one site that let you filter by hero showing recent pro and pub games by professional players, but I can't recall it now :(

Radec

Scythe of Ice steam price keeps going up!

Thank god for that Auspicious Scythe of Vyse making the Ice much more valuable.

Razzer

Streaming a match or two of late night doto!

http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

Try "Shredder". Things are a bit bugged in some places and some heroes are known by their development names. I tried "Shredder" and every single game that came up had Timbersaw in it. This is something they need to fix.

Same thing goes for some other ones too, such as Zeus = Zuus. Volvo pls fix.

Thanks, that actually worked! Still, would be nice if Valve could fix that. Seems like a small thing to get done.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/547743258

This Invoker was... Interesting...

He just kept throwing out spells, even when he was standing right next to the Nether Ward, and had vision on it...

It was like watching a monkey senselessly beat it's head against a wall expecting it to move.

How have you never scored more than 23 kills in 3000+ games

edit: Wait what the hell, my statistics on dotabuff have been set back as well!? What the fuck is this :(

Razzer

Is there anyway to see the current stats on Mirana or Invoker? I've seen one in every single game for the past 3 days.

According to Dotabuff they are the 4th and 2nd most played heroes this month, though obviously that isn't the entire playerbase. That's probably your best bet for other stats too.

FACE

Banned
According to Dotabuff they are the 4th and 2nd most played heroes this month, though obviously that isn't the entire playerbase. That's probably your best bet for other stats too.

Invoker has been no.2 on Dotabuff for a while now.

BigAT

So at 3400-3600mmr and 1200 hours played... how do I get matched with this guy?
http://dotabuff.com/players/159283527

Feeds 9 times in teh safe lane. My team gets facerolled.

Wut?

You think other people aren't wondering the same thing about getting matched with you?

38wlrQi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom