• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bulldog is such a good player and I think the "only 3 heroes" thing is totally lies, yet some of the misplays he makes whenever he's not on his half dozen or so regular heroes makes it really hard to defend him. In the span of like two minutes I saw him completely whiff an impale on a point blank target and then vendetta a Chen creep...

Dec

The Twitch video/past broadcast stuff is so bad.

Takes a good 20 seconds of nothing for a video to start, then in the middle of watching, sometimes after only a couple minutes it will stop, show a buffering circle in the middle of the screen, then start playing again but the buffering shit will be there forever. The only way to get rid of it is to look at the time you were at in the video, refresh, then wait another 20 seconds for it to start even for it to just happen again.

Watching these Dream League VODs is near impossible because they are 5 hours long and this happens at least 10 times throughout the process of watching.

Edit: Can't even get todays to play for more than a minute. 30mbps download, only Twitch being a piece of garbage.

Madouu

Bulldog is such a good player and I think the "only 3 heroes" thing is totally lies, yet some of the misplays he makes whenever he's not on his half dozen or so regular heroes makes it really hard to defend him. In the span of like two minutes I saw him completely whiff an impale on a point blank target and then vendetta a Chen creep...

Eh point blank impales can be tricky, kuro makes it look too easy sometimes but we've seen most pro players fail some easy looking stuns since the change.

Karakand

Another post of praise for Sunsfan and Synderen.

A minor gripe, I wish the Ab-ah-dawn vs. Ah-BAD-un running gag would get put to pasture. (Haven't watched today's match yet in case it has been.)
Own up to being wrong like the dictionary, Syn.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The Twitch video/past broadcast stuff is so bad.

Takes a good 20 seconds of nothing for a video to start, then in the middle of watching, sometimes after only a couple minutes it will stop, show a buffering circle in the middle of the screen, then start playing again but the buffering shit will be there forever. The only way to get rid of it is to look at the time you were at in the video, refresh, then wait another 20 seconds for it to start even for it to just happen again.

Watching these Dream League VODs is near impossible because they are 5 hours long and this happens at least 10 times throughout the process of watching.

Edit: Can't even get todays to play for more than a minute. 30mbps download, only Twitch being a piece of garbage.

How does Twitch handle for you while watching live broadcasts? Unfortunately I count myself among the people that for about a month or two have had the problem of live streams stopping to buffer quite literally every 5 seconds. During most hours of the day every stream is completely unwatchable for me. All my searching has turned up many people with the same problem and no response from Twitch about what could be causing it. I've taken to having to pipe my streams to VLC via Livestreamer in order to get them to play about 80% lag free. I still have problems where streams buffer even in VLC, so it requires a lot of refreshing but it's at least tolerable as opposed to trying to watch on Twitch directly.

Livestreamer also works on VOD's, just using the full URL in place of the stream URL. It's still an inelegant solution to a really bad problem.

Dec

How does Twitch handle for you while watching live broadcasts? Unfortunately I count myself among the people that for about a month or two have had the problem of live streams stopping to buffer quite literally every 5 seconds. During most hours of the day every stream is completely unwatchable for me. All my searching has turned up many people with the same problem and no response from Twitch about what could be causing it. I've taken to having to pipe my streams to VLC via Livestreamer in order to get them to play about 80% lag free. I still have problems where streams buffer even in VLC, so it requires a lot of refreshing but it's at least tolerable as opposed to trying to watch on Twitch directly.

Livestreamer also works on VOD's, just using the full URL in place of the stream URL. It's still an inelegant solution to a really bad problem.

I actually have zero issues with live streams. On my PC, tablet, phone, all work fine. Just having problems with VODs. I'm in Canada, like 5 minutes from the US border on the east coast if that matters, I've heard streaming is shit in EU.

I'll check out Livestreamer for the VODs, thanks for the suggestion.

Needed to see it with my own eyes, thanks.

I love Kaci.
I don't blame you. There are redditors editing their questions post answer to make it look like Gabe is answering different questions.

Example: Q: have you ever been raged at by your teammates in dota? A: yes

Got turned into: Q: is half life 3 coming A: yes

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Glad to see Kaci will be coming back for TI4. I wonder what her color scheme will be...

Also, Gabe just wants more Dendi for the people.
sWcHOEB.png
Edit: please god no...

Madouu

Complaints about solo queue > competitive talk > hats > hongaf private jokes > more hats > complaints about solo queue.

The dota gaf thread cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom