• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It's okay. My MMR is so high I'm entitled to be rascist.

I thought you just leveled up to unlock the ability to be racist somewhere in between rare and arcana items.

And concedes.

I think that's mostly thacker, though.

It makes sense. How you guys enjoy playing with people that feed, and don't speak english is beyond me. You are either at such a high MMR you no longer see peruvians, or you've found some magical way of avoiding them when you Q. Maybe it's when I q. It's not so bad in the evenings from 6-9 but in the mornings from 7 am to 11am that's all you see.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Or maybe you just chill out and not give a shit.

shira

what about golf channel matt
http://gfycat.com/CautiousWeightyEastsiberianlaika
CautiousWeightyEastsiberianlaika.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
this thread's gotten pretty circlejerky. oh no some guy who isn't a professional player was raging. like you people haven't done that before. hurr let me join in on the bashing so i can get some e-cred. durr i'm so good at dota and never get mad at my teammates. look at me

i sure hope that internet person gives me the fucking satisfaction i deserve. herp derp i'm so good at this forum posting thing

gib upboat and commend

edit: i had a bug the other day where i couldn't type "i" but it was on the console. i didn't try uppercase i though. after restarting dota it was fine

I think it was more a reaction to constantly posting the same 5 paragraph sob story over and over again. You know I could handle twilight once, the notebook, but when you start dragging me to twilight 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.2 and ask me to read fifty shades of grey.... Ima start to squeal.

MMR system is rigged and this game is filled with toxic players.

it still doesnt compare to how bad LoL is in this aspect. Every single LoL game i played i got reported and insulted cause i was on godlike streaks with Janna and they thought i was Ksing...i won the game for the bastards and still got reported, insulted and banned

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did you just lump The Notebook in with Twilight?

Bokr you got some fucking 'splainin' to do.

Boken

Banned
this thread's gotten pretty circlejerky. oh no some guy who isn't a professional player was raging. like you people haven't done that before. hurr let me join in on the bashing so i can get some e-cred. durr i'm so good at dota and never get mad at my teammates. look at me

i sure hope that internet person gives me the fucking satisfaction i deserve. herp derp i'm so good at this forum posting thing

gib upboat and commend

edit: i had a bug the other day where i couldn't type "i" but it was on the console. i didn't try uppercase i though. after restarting dota it was fine

but i never rage
so i get to judge people atop my ivory tower

Ketch

So the only in game ticket I've ever bought was TI3.... But I'm watching Dream League replays right now and I'm thinking about getting the ticket, can someone either talk me into or out of this decision?

The type of bandwagon jump on one person behavior exhibited in this thread in the same thing that causes four to gang on one in the game usually.
"omg report sniper sniper n00b"

"omg ursa feed report ursa ursa n00b"

He called me out for having a 50% winrate with Luna? After like 20 matches with her? Really?

http://dotabuff.com/players/11158475

The rest of my DotaBuff shows I am exactly where I should be. Even compared to someone like Hylian on here who is a solid 4k player, most of my stats on average are higher than his in farm and KD and win ratio. I am a mid 3k MMR player that can't for the life of me get out of the 3k's. Is it always my teams fault? No. But I know when actions I've done have caused the team to lose. Not farming buyback on Natures prophet and trying to push at inopportune times caused me two losses last week in 60+ minute games. Feeding offlane timber twice against a terrorblade by not respecting his slow cost me another.

However, the amount of absolute dumb shit I see from my team on a consistent basis is not to be ignored either. It seems to happen over and over. Winnable games become completely unwinnable by some random person trolling or just playing completely out of their mmr bracket.

Take this game I played earlier today.

NcXRD9C.jpg

Peruvians Sniper feeds 0-11 in the safelane. I can show numerous other examples of this happening. No matter how bad I play, I've never played THAT bad. Whether you guys admit it or not, Solo skill matters... but team composition and the ability for a team to actually coordinate something matters much much more. Not being able to even communicate with my team because they are peruvian.. russian.. or whatever else has cost me sooo many games that were winnable by something as simple as a coordinated smoke gank.... taking rosh at the right time or simply backing off the pressure and defending.

Does this happen to everyone? I am sure it does. Does it happen to some more than others? I am sure it does as well. I typically play in the day and early mornings when there are less americans on.. and more peruvians etc. I tend to get matched with them more on average than some of you might so I can see why I have more of a problem than some of you do. I noticed tonight that in 5 games most all of my team spoke english and the matches were of a higher quality (won a few, lost a few) but I am sure when I get up tomorrow and get a few games in I'll be matched with more south americans.

The MMR system in this game is extremely flawed compared to something like what is found in LoL or Starcraft. I love this game... but for you guys to blindly defend the region locking and MMR choices valve has made so far is hilarious but expected. You're defensive of what you like, it's human nature.

GorillaJu

It makes sense. How you guys enjoy playing with people that feed, and don't speak english is beyond me. You are either at such a high MMR you no longer see peruvians, or you've found some magical way of avoiding them when you Q. Maybe it's when I q. It's not so bad in the evenings from 6-9 but in the mornings from 7 am to 11am that's all you see.

No it happens to me a lot. I met a decent Peruvian player around my level who I queue together with and we tend to win 70-80% of our games. I'm at 4600 team MMR right now so it's definitely not the case that foreigners suddenly disappear as MMR goes up.

I meat my fair share of ass hats too but I've learned the best way to enjoy pub games is to play the role that your team needs and no one else wants to play. I picked a Kunkka one game and proceeded to get picked out of every possible lane with two more mids taken plus a safe lane carry. So I skipped Tidebringer completely, bought wards and went long lane, got 2 levels of torrent, maxed X and proceeded to gank/support, ending 15-2 or something in the end. I could have bitched and shit talked my team for pushing me out of the role I wanted to play, but instead I just did the job we needed and we won the game easily. Nearly the exact same thing happened to me with Shadow Fiend, I had to go long lane vs a dual + jungle Enigma and I stuck it out and tried not to die until mid had a chance to rotate, at which point we started stomping and I ended 15-2 or thereabouts. And the games were fun.

Supporting well will get more credit from other players, too. I never got more compliments than when I played those two or a recent game as Rubick where I was super aggressive with wards and ganks and the enemy team said they were commending me. :p

Boken

Banned
"Peruvians Sniper"

at this rate, when it seems like a lot of players are like Thacker, Valve are content breeding racism by allowing this shit to keep happening

I don't think there's anything different about the MMR system compared to LoL or Starcraft, and even so these systems all fundamentally work the same.

Low-MMR players in both Starcraft and LoL complain about the exact same things.

"Peruvians Sniper"

at this rate, when it seems like a lot of players are like Thacker, Valve are content breeding racism by allowing this shit to keep happening

How is calling the man by his nationality racist?

And if you think we are bad... play with them a bit and see what they think about Americans.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So the only in game ticket I've ever bought was TI3.... But I'm watching Dream League replays right now and I'm thinking about getting the ticket, can someone either talk me into or out of this decision?

You can watch all the games without the ticket, but the ticket gets you into the fantasy league.
Or I'm completely wrong.

Edit: Thacker, are you just in low-prio all the time?

BearPawB

Banned
There are bad players of every race, creed, and gender.
Don't get mad at the 0-12 sniper when you also have plenty of games showing feeding.

Everyone has bad games of dota.

If the sniper is having trouble in lane, why doesn't someone gank that lane? Why not move a support over? Do something, anything besides blindly complain

Boken

Banned
How is calling the man by his nationality racist?

And if you think we are bad... play with them a bit and see what they think about Americans.

are you serious?

have you EVER complained about "american pudge" picking mid and feeding the enemy razor?

whats WRONG is that youre making his nationality the object of your aggression when its irrelevant.

UGH ANOTHER PERUVIAN.

but honestly - its up to valve to fix this - theres no way to fix people like thacker.... valve has to somehow mandate region locking or whatevs idk and add surrender

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://dotabuff.com/matches/548715374

MMR definitely ain't perfect. A game I played earlier we were against an Axe that had more wins than anybody in my 3-man stack has had games played (probably my whole team - the only one I'm not sure of is the SK without a Dotabuff, but who went out of his way to tell us he was toking a bowl during the hero draft), Axe went mid(??), rolled the Kaolin, then roamed around the map murdering people in every lane, talking insane amounts of shit and saying "EZ" after nearly every kill. Game was something like 1-10 and over in about 15 minutes. Almost all of the kills on our team were from defending our fountain (not our base, mind you) yet the Axe was giving us even more shit for asking them to finish yet continuing to "defend," even tho we were huddled in the corners of our fountain, only fighting when they dove in.

Unlike some people here might, I don't begrudge anybody on our team and I didn't do any raging. Sure Kaolin mid probably isn't great mid in general, and much less against an Axe who is kind of an OP monster early on, but the guy just had a bad game. He seemed sorry enough about it and lord knows it happens to all of us.

are you serious?

have you EVER complained about "american pudge" picking mid and feeding the enemy razor?

whats WRONG is that youre making his nationality the object of your aggression when its irrelevant.

UGH ANOTHER PERUVIAN.

but honestly - its up to valve to fix this - theres no way to fix people like thacker.... valve has to somehow mandate region locking or whatevs idk and add surrender

Fix people like me? lol? Nice personal attack there buddy. < Well played

I do not want to play with someone who doesn't speak English in a game that requires highly coordinated movements and teamwork.

I do not want to play with someone that has a 250+ ping because they are 3000 miles from the server in a game that requires fast reactions and the ability to last hit. The reason he gets called the peruvian sniper is because of his play. Theres a stereotype about peruvian players in Dota whether you like it nor, but it holds true 90+% of the time. How can you argue against it? Have you actually played with any lately or is this just some blind defense because you don't like my opinion?

are you serious?

UGH ANOTHER PERUVIAN.

I think whatever data Valve has on player retention and whatever shows them that while people might end up being unhappy they'll keep on playing, and they might be better off keeping things the way they are. Or maybe they're just too lazy to do anything about it I dunno.

Region locking won't solve whatever problems people have. If Starcraft is any indication they'll have plenty of other shit to rage about.

Mohasus

Why don't you make some friends and play with a party?

Now seriously, how is LoL ELO system better than Dota MMR? This is a legit question, I played only during the first season and it was pretty much the same thing but using tiers.

I do not want to play with someone who doesn't speak English in a game that requires highly coordinated movements and teamwork.

I do not want to play with someone that has a 250+ ping because they are 3000 miles from the server in a game that requires fast reactions and the ability to last hit. The reason he gets called the peruvian sniper is because of his play. Theres a stereotype about peruvian players in Dota whether you like it nor, but it holds true 90+% of the time. How can you argue against it? Have you actually played with any lately or is this just some blind defense because you don't like my opinion?
Pretty sure they understand the basics like top, mid, bot, carry, supp, rune, gank, invis, ult, smoke, ward or whatever and that's enough. I know this because I play on the south american server and I don't speak spanish. The ping complaint is legit though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
god australians are the worst at this game

haha.

Bottom line is this game has 10 variables, one of them is you. You are 10% of the game, and when you try to control 100% of it, you're going to have a bad time. You have to just flow with the game and play the best you personally can. There is nothing you can do about the other players on your team unless they are open for suggestions (normally they aren't). Just try to improve yourself instead of shitting on your teammates and blaming them for everything.
So as Haly prophet says...
Or maybe you just chill out and not give a shit.

GorillaJu

The type of bandwagon jump on one person behavior exhibited in this thread in the same thing that causes four to gang on one in the game usually.
"omg report sniper sniper n00b"

"omg ursa feed report ursa ursa n00b"

He called me out for having a 50% winrate with Luna? After like 20 matches with her? Really?

http://dotabuff.com/players/11158475

The rest of my DotaBuff shows I am exactly where I should be. Even compared to someone like Hylian on here who is a solid 4k player, most of my stats on average are higher than his in farm and KD and win ratio. I am a mid 3k MMR player that can't for the life of me get out of the 3k's. Is it always my teams fault? No. But I know when actions I've done have caused the team to lose. Not farming buyback on Natures prophet and trying to push at inopportune times caused me two losses last week in 60+ minute games. Feeding offlane timber twice against a terrorblade by not respecting his slow cost me another.

However, the amount of absolute dumb shit I see from my team on a consistent basis is not to be ignored either. It seems to happen over and over. Winnable games become completely unwinnable by some random person trolling or just playing completely out of their mmr bracket.

Take this game I played earlier today.

NcXRD9C.jpg

Peruvians Sniper feeds 0-11 in the safelane. I can show numerous other examples of this happening. No matter how bad I play, I've never played THAT bad. Whether you guys admit it or not, Solo skill matters... but team composition and the ability for a team to actually coordinate something matters much much more. Not being able to even communicate with my team because they are peruvian.. russian.. or whatever else has cost me sooo many games that were winnable by something as simple as a coordinated smoke gank.... taking rosh at the right time or simply backing off the pressure and defending.

Does this happen to everyone? I am sure it does. Does it happen to some more than others? I am sure it does as well. I typically play in the day and early mornings when there are less americans on.. and more peruvians etc. I tend to get matched with them more on average than some of you might so I can see why I have more of a problem than some of you do. I noticed tonight that in 5 games most all of my team spoke english and the matches were of a higher quality (won a few, lost a few) but I am sure when I get up tomorrow and get a few games in I'll be matched with more south americans.

The MMR system in this game is extremely flawed compared to something like what is found in LoL or Starcraft. I love this game... but for you guys to blindly defend the region locking and MMR choices valve has made so far is hilarious but expected. You're defensive of what you like, it's human nature.

First off I can't speak for all but I'm not defending what I'm like by arguing with you, I'm telling you for your own good that your attitude is doing you harm and that your interpretation of what's going on in your games and within the community goes against my experiences. And as someone who has played Dota since before it was called Dota, I am willing to bet my experience with the game is far larger than yours.

Secondly you mention that you don't make too many mistakes and that you notice them when you make them, but that's total Dunning talk. You noticed those big mistakes you cited because the consequences were obvious (you lost the game in the immediate aftermath). You are probably making hundreds of more minor "mistakes" over the course of the game, you just aren't experienced enough to know when you're making them so you can't differentiate between your poor decisions and your good ones. Like on the occasions when I play with the better players here like Ksan, Milk or 109, I can't point out every individual thing they do that's better, but two out of those three players will definitely point out what I should be doing that I'm not (and I am glad they do because it helps me get better). You think you're fine but a better player will be able to pick apart your plays. That's just how it works. Even someone who isn't better than you will notice things that you aren't.

So you mention a sniper who goes 0-12. How do you think your team felt when you went 1-12 on Luna? Do you think they blamed themselves and their supporting, or did they blame you? I mean what kind of poor positioning and map sense do you need to have to die 12 times on a hero with the highest base move speed and respectable HP and Armor?

You can't just blame your problems on foreigners and bad teammates, or the combination of the two. When you post the same sob story about how it's all broken a few times like anbokr said you're gonna get called out for it, especially when nearly everyone else here deals with the same thing.

And before you go back to the time zone argument, I play from Japan, which means my prime time is very similar to yours (early morning or very late at night). I experience tons of South Americans and SE Asians. Yet I'm not stuck in 3k ELO HELL. Hmmmm....

First off I can't speak for all but I'm not defending what I'm like by arguing with you, I'm telling you for your own good that your attitude is doing you harm and that your interpretation of what's going on in your games and within the community goes against my experiences. And as someone who has played Dota since before it was called Dota, I am willing to bet my experience with the game is far larger than yours.

Secondly you mention that you don't make too many mistakes and that you notice them when you make them, but that's total Dunning talk. You noticed those big mistakes you cited because the consequences were obvious (you lost the game in the immediate aftermath). You are probably making hundreds of more minor "mistakes" over the course of the game, you just aren't experienced enough to know when you're making them so you can't differentiate between your poor decisions and your good ones. Like on the occasions when I play with the better players here like Ksan, Milk or 109, I can't point out every individual thing they do that's better, but two out of those three players will definitely point out what I should be doing that I'm not (and I am glad they do because it helps me get better). You think you're fine but a better player will be able to pick apart your plays. That's just how it works. Even someone who isn't better than you will notice things that you aren't.

So you mention a sniper who goes 0-12. How do you think your team felt when you went 1-12 on Luna? Do you think they blamed themselves and their supporting, or did they blame you? I mean what kind of poor positioning and map sense do you need to have to die 12 times on a hero with the highest base move speed and respectable HP and Armor?

Did you even look at the actual Dota Buff for the match?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/547384886

8 of my deaths on Luna were because we got fountain dove consistently. I actually had the highest GPM and XPM on my team and the third least deaths. I've never had a legit game in which I played that bad.

Please look at the match history or even go watch the replay to figure out what happened.

Boken

Banned
Theres a stereotype about peruvian players in Dota whether you like it nor, but it holds true 90+% of the time. How can you argue against it? Have you actually played with any lately or is this just some blind defense because you don't like my opinion?
"rac·ism (r&#257;&#8242;s&#301;z&#8242;&#601;m)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability"

given your lacking ability to rationally analyse your own games and the general way you speak, i find that you are very self unaware and i believe it might cause you further problems in your life than getting banned from dota/gaf.

carries are weak early game - like carries you should be careful whenever you start getting angry - last hit and think about what youre upset about - then when you've thought enough, its finally late game and you can carry your team.

hopefully this brush with neogaf will help start a new chapter in your improved life.

GorillaJu

Can you post your Dotabuff? I'd love to compare a few stats against yours to see on average how much better what you are doing compared to what I am doing.

Also, I've been playing Dota for 8 months. I am assuming you have about 4k matches on me?

I have like 2.2k matches total on Dota 2. My Dota buff stats are private specifically to avoid pissing contests like this. You should listen to my advice because the advice itself is good, not because my number on my profile is higher.

"rac·ism (r&#257;&#8242;s&#301;z&#8242;&#601;m)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability"

given your lacking ability to rationally analyse your own games and the general way you speak, i find that you are very self unaware and i believe it might cause you further problems in your life than getting banned from dota/gaf.

carries are weak early game - like carries you should be careful whenever you start getting angry - last hit and think about what youre upset about - then when you've thought enough, its finally late game and you can carry your team.

hopefully this brush with neogaf will help start a new chapter in your improved life.

brush with neogaf?

wut?

Youre_not_a_gamer_if_1.jpg

Boken

Banned
Can you post your Dotabuff? I'd love to compare a few stats against yours to see on average how much better what you are doing compared to what I am doing.

Also, I've been playing Dota for 8 months. I am assuming you have about 4k matches on me?
you are a piece of work.
he posts a completely rational post that is actually trying to help you and you diminish it by turning it into 'blah blah'

then you want a dick measuring contest

I have like 2.2k matches total on Dota 2. My Dota buff stats are private specifically to avoid pissing contests like this. You should listen to my advice because the advice itself is good, not because my number on my profile is higher.

It was a simple request, you can call me out on mine but I can't look at yours to compare?

I mean that's cool. Like I said, simple request. You are in your own right to deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom