• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Am I a 6k player? No. Am I a 5k player? No. Am I a solid 4 to 4.5 player? Yes. I should be ranked higher than what I am, period. For the amount of time I've played and the games I've played I'm already higher than average at 3.5k, but I should definitely be higher. I am sure there are plenty like me just as I am sure there are many (probably some in this thread) that are ranked far higher than they actually should be. The MMR system is completely flawed, and I am sure before the life of Dota 2 ends we will see major changes to this system (as already evidenced by their changes in the survey system at the end of the matches)

Fact.

This discussion here addresses all that you have argued:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1vbge0/update_on_the_guy_that_is_trying_to_prove_that/

Radec

Transformer Meets Naix

637x358.resizedimage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN_BqDDUqu0&feature=youtu.be

shira

gotta love 4 am peruvian dota. legion was never helping in teamfights, died to rosh once, then went at it again, storm took aegis cause u know, he was 8-0, so a much better choice, he got mad, whined and sold all his items and started feeding on purpose. what a noob, this game gets better every day.

thank god we all agreed to report him on both team not only on dota but on steam profile lol.

shira

gotta love 4 am peruvian dota. legion was never helping in teamfights, died to rosh once, then went at it again, storm took aegis cause u know, he was 8-0, so a much better choice, he got mad, whined and sold all his items and started feeding on purpose. what a noob, this game gets better every day.

thank god we all agreed to report him on both team not only on dota but on steam profile lol.

"Multiple people ganging up on you to report you in the same game has no effect on whether or not you are banned."
http://blog.dota2.com/2013/05/communication-reports/

"Well played!"
"Well played!"
"Well played!"
"Well played!"

Kreunt

Banned
always feel like I've done so much more on omni than my score shows.
they need to give him a way to get more assists, put a small DoT on degen aura or something.

Lotto

For as long as Valve never releases the distribution scale for MMR then the number doesn't really mean much to me. I've made my own distribution though:

0-1.5k - macaroni tier
1.5-2.5k - wood tier
2.5-3.5k - copper tier
3.5-4.0k - bronze tier
4.0-5.0k - silver tier
5.0-6.0k - gold tier
6.0k+ - platinum gosu direct invite to TI tier

I fit in copper tier and I actually feel like I'm worse than that.

Nirvana

always feel like I've done so much more on omni than my score shows.
they need to give him a way to get more assists, put a small DoT on degen aura or something.

Heal someone at zero HP right before assassinate hits, wasn't near enemies. Ulti saves entire team from Sven cleave, single-handedly winning you the team fight, no assists because it does no damage.Repel your carry before 3 stuns hit him, still no assist.

End 80 minute game 1-0-2.

0-1.5k - macaroni tier

This made me laugh.

Guys pls leave Thacker alone. But putting him down, you're letting those Peruvians win.

While we're speaking of Omni I had no idea how annoying maxed Degen Aura was till I just got wrecked by it in a game I just played.

Dec

Jigglebilly is the hardcarry on eHug - pretty famous streamer. Chickenmc is NA Dota player. They would be pretty hard to miss if you followed NA Dota at all.

Don't really care where a team or player is from, just watch tournaments.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
It's just odd how you guys want to scrutinize all my games and make all these callouts but I can't see any of yours.

All these people don't often post scoreboards, whine about ratings, and claim to be vastly underrated players, at least not with your regularity. That being said, they posted up anyway so you can go cherry pick games and try to swing your dick at them.

All of that aside, I'm going to try to give you some constructive advice again. Let me preface by saying I'm not here to attack you, I'm here to be honest with you. I went and watched some replays just like milk did and I see the same things. You have some mechanical and decision making issues, some lack of game sense, and plenty of room to improve.

Before you complain about teammates, ask yourself what you did to make that game better. Were you a positive influence? How specifically? Regardless of your situation you need to be able to analyze it and think, "What can I do to make myself effective?" If you're behind and subjected to some garbage lanes instead of wandering the map and forcing engagements, take a step back and figure out how to farm up or get the levels you need to make a difference. Take 5 levels from a lane, buy a hatchet, maybe some wards, and hit the jungle. You can find an open lane and sneak some exp and gold while having a tp ready.

Try to help your team with some positively worded direction, it's not just what you say but how you say it. Make requests instead of demands, thank people for their help, suggest an item or skill build change instead of criticizing their current one. Even with pings and some map drawing you can help stop a teammate from walking into a bad spot, and you can do it without spamming. All of this being said you will still run into people that are immune to good advice, don't be one of them.

I watched some wins and some losses, and I can safely say you are not a strong, positive influence in every game you play. You could save a ton of face by simply saying yeah, I make mistakes or have bad games. Everyone does.

Hylian7

I don't understand why I randomly have at least one or two horrible games every day. Even on heroes that are my best heroes. What the fuck.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Before you complain about teammates, ask yourself what you did to make that game better. We're you a positive influence? How specifically? Regardless of your situation you need to be able to analyze it and think, "What can I do to make myself effective?" If you're behind and subjected to some garbage lanes instead of wandering the map and forcing engagements, take a step back and figure out how to farm up or get the levels you need to make a difference. Take 5 levels from a lane, buy a hatchet, maybe some wards, and hit the jungle. You can find an open lane and sneak some exp and gold while having a tp ready.

Before you complain about teammates, ask yourself what you did to make that game better. We're you a positive influence? How specifically? Regardless of your situation you need to be able to analyze it and think, "What can I do to make myself effective?"

We're you a positive influence?

We're you a

Last edited by Procarbine; Today at 12:43 AM.

u fukken lost nice edit kid, goodly edit

may all kno that on this day, procarbine--grammar nazi, prime evil of merriam webster, bringer of hellishlyier things, king of the seven thesauri, lord of esoteric languages, forever platinum god of pepperoni...was slain.

RIP may chris metzen have mercy on his soul
jk he's a ginger he doesn't have one

Razzer

u fukken lost nice edit kid, goodly edit

may all kno that on this day, procarbine--grammar nazi, prime evil of merriam webster, bringer of hellishlyier things, king of the seven thesauri, lord of esoteric languages, forever platinum god of pepperoni...was slain.

RIP may chris metzen have mercy on his soul
jk he's a ginger he doesn't have one

Holy shit that spoiler I fucking spewed my drink.

Also Hylian everyone has bad games, noone can play well every game, just accept it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Complaints about solo queue > competitive talk > hats > hongaf private jokes > more hats > complaints about solo queue.

The dota gaf thread cycle.

procarbine may have won a few battles, but we have won the war my friends--thank you thacker, a true champion, you beautiful peruvian hating man, you have exposed the beast, the fraud

I, anbokrus maximus, lamarcus biggus, priapus gigantus, slayer of god_of_dota_nero#artofjuking, declare the Grammar Wars to be officially over;

mumblegaf... mumblegaf my friends, my brothers...WE'RE FREE, WE ARE FREE, OUR CHILDREN FOREVER LIBERATED

giphy.gif

WE ARE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

rac

Banned
I don't understand why I randomly have at least one or two horrible games every day. Even on heroes that are my best heroes. What the fuck.

Dotas like basketball you gotta keep shooting to get better and even then you'll only hit half your shots.

And no one will like playing with you if you're the only one on the court bitching about foul calls.
this isnt aimed at you hylian

Zocano

Finally took a step into ranked matches and won the first preliminary one. Was pretty fun and the team actually communicated well and worked together.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/548922596

I also randomed Skywrath and that was the first time I've played him. Turned out okay. Coulda had a lot better positioning in team fights but it worked out in the end.

Then I did a pub game cause a friend told me to play sniper so I could see what the hell the other team's sniper in that first game was doing wrong (2 orb effects, whyyyy) and it was a pretty lopsided victory.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/548977145

I'm never a fan of those, really. In the moment it's "enjoyable" to completely dominate but in hindsight I always always always prefer closer games, though that's the case with everyone, I'm guessing. At least the other team tried to put up a fight throughout instead of just giving up.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
procarbine may have won a few battles, but we have won the war my friends--thank you thacker, a true champion, you beautiful peruvian hating man, you have exposed the beast, the fraud

I, anbokrus maximus, lamarcus biggus, priapus gigantus, slayer of god_of_dota_nero#artofjuking, declare the Grammar Wars to be officially over;

mumblegaf... mumblegaf my friends, my brothers...WE'RE FREE, WE ARE FREE, OUR CHILDREN FOREVER LIBERATED

giphy.gif

WE ARE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In a few days i will except you're apoligy

Procarbine is a grammer nazi? Lol. I mean, of all people to fuck up we're and were...

It was like 330 am when I posted that, been up since 9, and I changed my were's from one context to the other and forgot to remove the apostrophe. Whoops

ElyrionX

It was like 330 am when I posted that, been up since 9, and I changed my were's from one context to the other and forgot to remove the apostrophe. Whoops

Much excuse bro.

Before you complain about fatigue, ask youself what you did to make that sentence better.

Sometimes, you need to look at yourself instead of blaming Peruvians and Russians for everything.

G.ZZZ

this thread's gotten pretty circlejerky. oh no some guy who isn't a professional player was raging. like you people haven't done that before. hurr let me join in on the bashing so i can get some e-cred. durr i'm so good at dota and never get mad at my teammates. look at me

i sure hope that internet person gives me the fucking satisfaction i deserve. herp derp i'm so good at this forum posting thing

gib upboat and commend

edit: i had a bug the other day where i couldn't type "i" but it was on the console. i didn't try uppercase i though. after restarting dota it was fine

Upvoted

G.ZZZ

For as long as Valve never releases the distribution scale for MMR then the number doesn't really mean much to me. I've made my own distribution though:

0-1.5k - macaroni tier
1.5-2.5k - wood tier
2.5-3.5k - copper tier
3.5-4.0k - bronze tier
4.0-5.0k - silver tier
5.0-6.0k - gold tier
6.0k+ - platinum gosu direct invite to TI tier

I fit in copper tier and I actually feel like I'm worse than that.

What is this. No.

0-4.5k BELOW COPPER TIER TRASH SUBHUMAN
4.5k-5k COPPER TIER
5k-5.5k YOU MAY ACTUALLY NOT BE TERRIBLE AS SHIT
5.5k-6k YOU MAY BE EVEN DECENT
6k+ YOU ARE ACTUALLY DECENT BUT YOU WASTED YOUR LIFE ON THIS GAME SO YOU ARE THE WORST OF ALL

n0b

Guys the only thing that matters in dota is the quality of music you choose to listen to while playing; as shown by many streamers, it is not a gift that comes naturally to all.

After you've gotten good at music taste all you can do is get better at recognizing your mistakes and your successes and trying to turn those lessons into a positive influence on future games.

Guys the only thing that matters in dota is the quality of music you choose to listen to while playing; as shown by many streamers, it is not a gift that comes naturally to all.

After you've gotten good at music taste all you can do is get better at recognizing your mistakes and your successes and trying to turn those lessons into a positive influence on future games.
I noticed that the Chinese/Korean comp streams often play bad early 00's nu-metal.

It would be almost endearing if it wasn't bad early 00's nu-metal.

NBtoaster

Jakiros new dual breath kind of sucks. Burst damage is generally more useful than dots. If they're trying to make him into an alternate Veno it doesnt work.

Kard8p3

Take notes from 109, legit best music on a stream I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom