• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jakiros new dual breath kind of sucks. Burst damage is generally more useful than dots. If they're trying to make him into an alternate Veno it doesnt work.
I like the max Liquid Fire build. You're incredibly annoying in laning phase and you can push towers very easily.

I honestly think drums are the most overrated item in the game.

Out of curiosity why? From what I see it provides nice stats and has a nice build up.

It's good on most heroes honestly. The build up is just so good. I'd probably skip it on Void or AM but most heroes out there really benefit from it.

Yeah I love getting it on supports. Although I probably don't use the drum charges as often as I should.

Acinixys

Tobi: ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HER ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HER༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HER

Haha saw that. "Punch that women". Synderen's reaction was hilarious.

ViviOggi

Yeah I love getting it on supports. Although I probably don't use the drum charges as often as I should.

I dislike Drums on supports more often than not, 20+ minutes in they don't offer nearly as much bang for your back as Blink, Force Staff or Ghost Scepter would, especially when your team already has the aura from a core's Drums. If you're ahead building into something like a Pipe instead is a much better option as well.

I just think if you have enough cash to get it, you can be putting to to something else worth the gold.

Prefer to get forcestaff or blink on a support.

Still think its overrated.

inkls

Where did this happen and is there a replay?

On a slightly less tryhard note, anyone know why this game doesn't use ragdoll physics for the death animations?

To me, thats the one thing from making this game absolutely complete. Seeing someone getting enchant totem critted for 1200 and knocked halfway across the map, or fury swiped and knocked back 10 feet would be oh so satisfying.

Acinixys

Where did this happen and is there a replay?

LDG vs CIS in the Sina Cup today

Wait for the VOD

On a slightly less tryhard note, anyone know why this game doesn't use ragdoll physics for the death animations?

To me, thats the one thing from making this game absolutely complete. Seeing someone getting enchant totem critted for 1200 and knocked halfway across the map, or fury swiped and knocked back 10 feet would be oh so satisfying.

What?

This is a terrible idea. This isnt CoD. Plus every hero has a custon death animation and thats cool

LDG vs CIS in the Sina Cup today

Wait for the VOD

What?

This is a terrible idea. This isnt CoD. Plus every hero has a custon death animation and thats cool

It would make the world feel much more organic. Seeing the same death animation no matter how you die gets stale after a while.

Heroes of the Storm (is that what it's being called now?) is using ragdoll and it looks pretty great from the gameplay videos that are out.

They took that stuff out of CSGO as well.

Might help to lessen the burden on servers.

Never really noticed the cosmetic forge spirits looked so terrible.

Kind of weird they made no real change to the default, I always thought they're model/texture was ugly. Hopefully they'll give them a better texture soon.

ksan

Well. It shouldn't impact server performance as it could be totally client side. Simply leave some sort of marker where someone died for roshan respawn, etc and let the actual ragdoll be client side.

Yes, totally client side death animations are a great idea in a competitive game...

I'd rather have non-ragdoll animations that are consistent.

So a good friend of mine (thacker has friends wtf) bought me this last week when the store was in stock.

10 microplush and the natures prophet plushie.

One of the micros was the shitty wizard... is he supposed to be rare? Now I've got 10 lockless luckboxes to either open or sell... hmm

84pKXJN.jpg

im a pretty terrible player by all accounts. Ill own up when i sucking, Yet this guy jumped in a pub last night with his friend who didnt play then bitched at us that we were sucking when his riki friend was 0-4 by 6 minutes. We all got ganked when their team all feed started wiping the floor with us.

So I just opened all the luckboxes.

Got the unusual garran drywiz ($45 on market) of course for the shitty wizard.

3 Mythical cuffs for Alchemist, 3 Genuine Shadowblades for Kunka, Dagon, and 2 Armlets for Chaos Knight.

Zeknurn

You should totally give me one of the shadow blades because I'm not mean like the rest of the people in this thread.

On a side note. Nothing feels better than starting up dota and having a bunch of reports gone through. Especially when you remember exactly which shithead that got punished.

The Garran and Drywiz is Unusual... but has a Champion's Aura etheral gem, and a champions green prismatic gem in it already. Do you know if this makes it worth more?

edit: nm it's just worth the 45$ I see on the store.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Damn you got lucky on those boxes.

Now mail me the micro plushes. They're so cute!

Raytow

On a side note. Nothing feels better than starting up dota and having a bunch of reports gone through. Especially when you remember exactly which shithead that got punished.
I know they give you another 3 reports, but what Valve does against the reported player? ban, mute, or just low-priority?

Beastmaster is actually a really good hero!

I'm still experimenting/learning how to use him, but I think I prefer playing him as a pusher/support with items like Drums, AC, and Necronomicon. It seems scepter is a common pickup, am I making a mistake in forgoing it?

Fuchsdh

I'm still experimenting/learning how to use him, but I think I prefer playing him as a pusher/support with items like Drums, AC, and Necronomicon. It seems scepter is a common pickup, am I making a mistake in forgoing it?

I tend to be OCD about getting scepter on heroes that get their ults upgraded by it, but I've noticed most people push it until later than I would, or forgo it entirely. I think it depends on what the upgrade actually is, and whether or not the general stats boost is a less useful attribute than getting more damage or disruption-dealing items.

(Scepter with a Lich is super-awesome funtimes though so I always go for it quickly, usually after Mek.)

Throw a blink on him and you have a really good initiator.

Also definitely try the soul ring offlaning stacking ancients beastmaster. You get some levels really fast that way as long as your opponents don't ward.

And scepter is really good as it turns his ult from one of those save for team fight spells into well here's a dude better kill him because then it's at what is it 50 seconds? Like a qop ult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom