• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

You know, I see people complaing about 3k Elo hell all the time. But as a 3.3k player on the SEA servers, I find most of my games to be of pretty high quality, especially in recent weeks. I rarely see very bad feeders and people just seem to have quite good game sense and builds. Take the following game:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/548107958

I gained 24 MMR from winning it and so I estimate my team's average MMR to be about 3.2k.

I was in a 5-stack as Slark, one of my better heroes, but I had a terrible game. I made a few mistakes and their AOEs wrecked me in team fights. They had no true hard carry and after losing one or two fights in early to mid game, they stopped taking all teamfights and began trying to rat doto with SS as the primary rat. While doing this, they kept warding and dewarding and picking us off where possible with Mirana ult and won one huge team fight in mid game which almost cost us a rax. We tried pushing as a 5-stack but they kept every single lane pushed hard and every one of their hero had an escape mechanism (SK and ES bought Blink) so it wasn't easy trying to pick them off. Eventually, Ember and myself became too farmed and we just bashed our way through. It was a really good game and they were smart to change the way they engaged and fought because they clearly had no chance in team fights once we hit the 30 min mark. They almost got the bottom rax through distracting us in other lanes while SS did his rat thing.

So I'm not sure why people are complaining because even in solo queue, my experience of late has been mostly pretty good.

sixghost

It would make the world feel much more organic. Seeing the same death animation no matter how you die gets stale after a while.

Heroes of the Storm (is that what it's being called now?) is using ragdoll and it looks pretty great from the gameplay videos that are out.

They added this in Heart of the Swarm and to be honest it looked really silly and out of place.

Sibylus

Banned
Guys the only thing that matters in dota is the quality of music you choose to listen to while playing; as shown by many streamers, it is not a gift that comes naturally to all.

After you've gotten good at music taste all you can do is get better at recognizing your mistakes and your successes and trying to turn those lessons into a positive influence on future games.
Another vote for Draskyl's Dad Music.

Dota2_ElectricBruno.gif

Hoping Alliance feel charitable against this Cleave team and pick some weird shit.

By weird shit do you mean a Naga to afk farm for 40 minutes and then instant win? Let us pray that they're merciful and go with the Druid push.

I'd really like to see a Brew pick though, he's my favourite mid to play by farm right now though that's probably mostly down to his ability to stomp in pubs.

Quesa

Most streamers have bad taste in music. 109's would be way better if I didn't catch the same five songs over and over.

We're buying Cadillacs in our dreams

Quesa

draskyl best music fo sho

Can't say I agree, but it's mostly top 40 hits n shit so it's easy to tune that stuff out. If twitch introduced a custom soundtrack widget that muted songs but not voices it'd be so godlike.

Also I think he's a huge dick but that's really neither here nor there.

Can't say I agree, but it's mostly top 40 hits n shit so it's easy to tune that stuff out. If twitch introduced a custom soundtrack widget that muted songs but not voices it'd be so godlike.

Also I think he's a huge dick but that's really neither here nor there.

are we talking about the same draskyl

his casting's fine but I remember him going off on some dude calling the rest of his team a bunch of retards. Haven't watched him recently tho.

Yeah I watch him pretty frequently, and he goes off on people from time to time. He's not a big rager at all, but he will harp on people's mistakes and give up pretty early if things aren't going well. A lot of the other streamers are worse though in terms of raging.

Ketch

So with the dream league ticket (9.99?) you get a loading screen, HUD, probably pudge chainsaw cosmetic, possible invoked set, and the compendium that let's you do fantasy dota?

I might pick this up. I'd rather have a courier or announced then an invoked set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom