• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Save your 1v1s for Techies' triumphant return.
So much hype after playing them twice in Dota 1. Very fun and versatile hero.

One question though, was Techies more commonly considered a mid, support or offlane? I honestly felt like you could make a case for all three. The base damage sucks but that attack range is just so good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He was mid, for rune control and suicide ganks.

That said, the Dota of yore wasn't disciplined enough to "figure out" where Techies belonged. He was a joke hero for joke games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

One question though, was Techies more commonly considered a mid, support or offlane? I honestly felt like you could make a case for all three. The base damage sucks but that attack range is just so good.
Roamer.

mfaex

Any lane's workable. Can mid, and bottle crows well if your team lets you. Good at killing jungle stacks. I wouldn't play as a true support. Need some levels and money.

I'm imagining his synergy with earth spirit in a dual lane. Seems fun (earth was added after I left dota 1).

Hylian7

He was mid, for rune control and suicide ganks.

That said, the Dota of yore wasn't disciplined enough to "figure out" where Techies belonged. He was a joke hero for joke games.

I guess that's true and applies to a lot of heroes that aren't in Dota 2 yet. I noticed in general that people often had really silly lineups or lanes in Dota 1 based on my few games of it.

In the game I played last night the Clockwerk on my team bought a 30 minute Vanguard. I saw a Gyrocopter mid instead of a Shadow Friend.

Hylian7

I feel any team running him competitively will want drow or luna, so his right clicks actually do something.

I would think Techies is one of those heroes you aren't picking to right click things. On top of doing like no damage, his animation is super long too.

inkls

Can't wait for the new OT "#WorseThanThacker"

You guys want to guess where Nih the Legion Commander was from?

I'll give you a hint. It wasn't the USA.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/549927251

ozdxUKU.jpg

You guys better appreciate

I just like proving I am right.
Or that you're continuing to miss the larger point of what everyone is trying to tell you and straight up ignoring advice. You're intentionally wallowing in this hell you've had and still have opportunity to get out of.

but whatever tell us again how awesome you are at this game and all those peruvians you play with while trying to act like a bad ass and then running away from any actual challenge to show you you still suck

Or that you're continuing to miss the larger point of what everyone is trying to tell you and straight up ignoring advice. You're intentionally wallowing in this hell you've had and still have opportunity to get out of.

but whatever tell us again how awesome you are at this game and all those peruvians you play with

Why does any game region lock (every single competitive game does)?

Are they all evil? Are they racist??

you can be right and a shitty racist person all at the same time

It's not racism. I am sure peruvians are great people. They just suck at dota.

And I have more of a problem with not being able to communicate with them, than I do the fact that they are terrible at dota.

Here's another example.

Black people are great, have many friends that are black. Best friends even.

But black people suck at hockey.

Is that racism?

Kard8p3

And I have more of a problem with not being able to communicate with them, than I do the fact that they are terrible at dota.

Here's another example.

Is that racism?

iOcXOTuY8M6oo.gif

racism

1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior

you're just fucking with us now, right?

aeolist

Banned

Here's another example.

Is that racism?

yup!

iOcXOTuY8M6oo.gif

racism

1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior

I am sure there are good peruvians (2% of them that play)

So, I don't think it's racism because it clearly states in your definition the word "all"

Also, google Peruvian Dota... for some hilarious threads on other forums where many, many others agree with me. Damn racist bigot world we live in.

shira

iOcXOTuY8M6oo.gif

racism

I've complained to mods before, idk what is legit anymore.

Nirvana

I am sure there are good peruvians (2% of them that play)

So, I don't think it's racism because it clearly states in your definition the word "all"

Also, google Peruvian Dota... for some hilarious threads on other forums where many, many others agree with me. Damn racist bigot world we live in.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/549954229

Look at this Slark. Every game I play with people from the US is like this. Guy bitches at us all game for not speaking English and still continues to feed away the game. I don't understand why I keep getting matched with people like this, I'm at 3.5k mmr and still people don't understand the basics of the heroes they are playing. #PeruGaf

Kard8p3

http://dotabuff.com/matches/549954229

Look at this Slark. Every game I play with people from the US is like this. Guy bitches at us all game for not speaking English and still continues to feed away the game. I don't understand why I keep getting matched with people like this, I'm at 3.5k mmr and still people don't understand the basics of the heroes they are playing. #PeruGaf

Dude I just got destroyed as slark. Tried to play support after but couldn't do anything. I'm playing on monkey tilt now, not even going to lie. I absolutely hate some of the opinions in this thread. You guys couldn't be more wrong about... everything. Yet I am so addicted to replying.

Nirvana

Dude I just got destroyed as slark. Tried to play support after but couldn't do anything. I'm playing on monkey tilt now, not even going to lie. I absolutely hate some of the opinions in this thread. You guys couldn't be more wrong about... everything. Yet I am so addicted to replying.

I was trying to get the point across that you had a bad game and it's possible a Peruvian on your team is bitching about you being awful somewhere on the internet, and then generalising your poor performance that game to the entirety of US players. Do you see the problem with either of you doing this? No? Ok, glad we clarified that again.

Glix

My guniea pigs are from Peru!!

Yay Peru!

On topic - I HATE when I can't communicate with my teammates regardless of where they are from.

Ties

Banned
dude thats racist
Acknowledging that you lack a common method to communicate with your teammates is not racist, however, making baseless generalizations that "all black people are bad at hockey" and that "all peruvians are bad at dota" is.

Dismissed, next flop. The scalding Caramel Flan Latte™ just drenched your racism x2.

tumblr_msiorvMs8z1rcnkw9o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom