• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Oh man, now we're on to the tried and ture: "I'm not rascist but..." arguement? Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Why does any game region lock (every single competitive game does)?

Because of people like you. The reason your attempts to explain what's wrong with the community have failed is because you are what's wrong with the community.

Do us all a favor (including yourself) and give it a rest.

Razzer

For a moment, let's just assume you are right about these Peruvians Thacker. They suck, and drag you down a lot. So, what do you hope to achieve by bitching here about it? You admitted that you aren't perfect, so why not concentrate this energy into self improvement? It just seems kinda pointless to keep posting the same shit every page. I guess I just don't understand that mindset.

I gotta sleep now will reply to any responses later.

Atlantis

Acknowledging that you lack a common method to communicate with your teammates is not racist, however, making baseless generalizations that "all black people are bad at hockey" and that "all peruvians are bad at dota" is.

Dismissed, next flop. The scalding Caramel Flan Latte™ just drenched your racism x2.

tumblr_msiorvMs8z1rcnkw9o1_500.gif

lowercase_D_outline.png

For a moment, let's just assume you are right about these Peruvians Thacker. They suck, and drag you down a lot. So, what do you hope to achieve by bitching here about it? You admitted that you aren't perfect, so why not concentrate this energy into self improvement? It just seems kinda pointless to keep posting the same shit every page. I guess I just don't understand that mindset.

I gotta sleep now will reply to any responses later.

This is a forum. It's designed for discussion, ranting, raving, and most of all.. entertainment. I bring you guys entertainment. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

<3

inkls

What does d mean?

edit: also, can't wait for the drakken camp to be released. Doom with 15% evasion and +3 evasion will be fun for jungling. The best would be a jungle creep with a lifesteal passive.

edit2: nvm, turns out they are ancient creeps :'(

Very next game, me and my friend.. matched with 3 peruvians.

5 minutes into the game? They go offlane and feed the safelane terrorblade worse than I've seen a team do yet. He pushes our rax at 20 minutes.

yep. yep. yep.

jajajajaja

edit: I realize thats portuguese in the chat, meaning they are Brazilian and not playing on Brazilian servers. Same mentality though, and just as bad as peruvians typically.

98QKULX.jpg

GorillaJu

What the fuck is it with Witch Doctor lately? He's in every goddamn game

Doc is one of many heroes that can absolutely wreck shit but just isn't trendy at the moment because he's not picked competitively. Doc/Weaver/Abaddon is my favorite aggressive tri lane to run.

Another hero that is still really strong but hasn't been picked much afaik is Undying. People underestimate how good level 1 Decay is. I have seen/gotten triple kills from long lane solo Dirges on overzealous tri-lanes looking for first blood.

Almost every game I play has a sniper in it due to the recent shenanigans with him. And yet, the sniper picking team always loses. And Mirana has of course been in every game over the past three or so months.

ElyrionX

Techies roams right from the start of the game. He has zero lane presence because of his shit attack, shit attack animation and the fact that by nature, he relies heavily on the element of surprise which you are obviously not going to get in a lane. At level 1, buy boots and go for suicide first blood. Do this to get one or two kills then use mines to farm the jungle or lanes. Buy Arcane and Euls and you are pretty much set for the whole game. Run around planting land mines on river/chokepoints and plant remotes in key intersections. Use stun wards defensively and to help your team turtle if necessary.

Pratfall

First nyx assasin game was a.....disappointment. Fed like a crazy person. Didn't realize spiked carapace only blocked one source of damage from every person. Don't go near gyro.

xanavi

Here's a question to throw more fuel on the fire. Is one matchmaking rating point won on a South America server equal to one point on a US East server?

Artanisix

I'm pretty sure Thacker is just being an attention whore to enjoy his three seconds of infamy this point. Easier to just throw him on the ignore list, he's clearly devoid of any redeeming characteristics.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I once rage queue'd random on Russian server with almost 300 ping and got safelane OD and I had a good support and they didn't bitch at me for having bad last hits. We were winning too before dota network died.
With that experience in mind I don't understand why someone from EGYPT would queue PUDGE MID on US WEST. Like... why would you do this. Even if you spoke English why.

Also all this MMR talk has me wanting to throw my WR into the trashcan and play Random in AP / AR / Inhouse (Think I've only played one).
I love my WR though, fuck

Quesa

How is calling the man by his nationality racist?

The reason he gets called the peruvian sniper is because of his play. Theres a stereotype about peruvian players in Dota whether you like it nor, but it holds true 90+% of the time.

A spectacular dunk!

Can you post your Dotabuff? I'd love to compare a few stats against yours to see on average how much better what you are doing compared to what I am doing.

He's heating up.

Out of curiosity. How much higher of a MMR does 1000 more games net you over me? 4.5? 5k?

Jams it in! He's on fire!

Am I a 6k player? No. Am I a 5k player? No. Am I a solid 4 to 4.5 player? Yes. I should be ranked higher than what I am, period. For the amount of time I've played and the games I've played I'm already higher than average at 3.5k, but I should definitely be higher. I am sure there are plenty like me just as I am sure there are many (probably some in this thread) that are ranked far higher than they actually should be. The MMR system is completely flawed, and I am sure before the life of Dota 2 ends we will see major changes to this system (as already evidenced by their changes in the survey system at the end of the matches)

Fact.

Kaboom! Knock-knock, who's there? BOOMSHAKALAKA

It's not racism. I am sure peruvians are great people. They just suck at dota.

And I have more of a problem with not being able to communicate with them, than I do the fact that they are terrible at dota.

Here's another example.

Black people are great, have many friends that are black. Best friends even.

But black people suck at hockey.

Is that racism?

The Monster Jam! When you get dunked on like that, you really oughta consider retirement.

https://twitter.com/NeoGAFShitPosts/status/441407425267400704

IS IT THE SHOES

and the very next game......

one english speaker, his name was "mexican killer" ironically enough.

Just getting facerolled over and over, and none of my teams speak any english. volvo plz fix

RB8583c.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
God Mirana is miserable in the early game when you can't get any wards up on the high-ground so the arrows are just coming out of the fog. And again, she's in every fucking game. There's no variety. Its just dull at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom