• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey look, here's some creepy russian dolls to lighten the mood
8Uf4Ehs.jpg

Fact is, Dota 2's numbers haven't been growing.

#teamstagnant

Valve are forcing you to play with other nationalities because they simply don't have enough people.

Fact is, Dota 2's numbers haven't been growing.

#teamstagnant

Valve are forcing you to play with other nationalities because they simply don't have enough people.

At 7.3 million unique players last month, there are plenty of people playing Dota. The problem is occuring because Dota is growing, especially in poverty countries where free to play is even more popular than it is here in the US. It's just hilarious to see most all the peruvian steam accounts having 2 games total...

I mean. I guess it's sad... but at the same time.... :-/

At 7.3 million unique players last month, there are plenty of people playing Dota. The problem is occuring because Dota is growing, especially in poverty countries where free to play is even more popular than it is here in the US. It's just hilarious to see most all the peruvian steam accounts having 2 games total...

I mean. I guess it's sad... but at the same time.... :-/

You need to check the numbers, it's down to below 7.2million.

A lot of people left because of Peru.

You're not alone Thacker.

Kreunt

Banned
God Mirana is miserable in the early game when you can't get any wards up on the high-ground so the arrows are just coming out of the fog. And again, she's in every fucking game. There's no variety. Its just dull at this point.

yeah i somehow got stuck solo offlane as razor against a WK, lion, mirana trilane yesterday. shit was unpleasant.

Calidor

this needs a repost, because every peruvian game features a feeding sniper and god awful, hook missing pudge, and I can totally relate this pic to my team lel:

Ta8q_ALw.jpg

GorillaJu

Here's a question to throw more fuel on the fire. Is one matchmaking rating point won on a South America server equal to one point on a US East server?

I dunno but MMR is worth more on SEA for sure. On US servers at 4.5k I almost never see someone that I am particularly impressed by, but I see it almost every game on SEA. Played a few games with a girl on the Mineski girls team and she was super fucking good, and her MMR was like 4050!

FACE

Banned
edit: I realize thats portuguese in the chat, meaning they are Brazilian and not playing on Brazilian servers. Same mentality though, and just as bad as peruvians typically.

DK most definitely isn't speaking portuguese, I should know since I'm brazilian.

xanavi

I dunno but MMR is worth more on SEA for sure. On US servers at 4.5k I almost never see someone that I am particularly impressed by, but I see it almost every game on SEA. Played a few games with a girl on the Mineski girls team and she was super fucking good, and her MMR was like 4050!

So if I went and queued on SEA with my 4k MMR and got matched up with people like her I can imagine why they might think Canadians suck at dota. It's like the FGC and starcraft communities, the west was regularly trumped in tournaments because it was hard for them to find good competition to train against. I think people should be able to pick which servers they want to play on but I also think that we can't expect games to not be headscratchers once in a while if a 4k MMR guy in one region queues in another.

ElyrionX

I've always wondered about the skill differentials at the same MMR level across regions. I regularly see people in here talk about having 4k MMRs but that's mostly US. I am 3.3k in SEA and my games, whether party or solo, are mostly quite high quality. Warding and dewarding are commonly seen. Trilaning and proper lane setups are common as well. Last pickers tend to pick supports or heroes that fill the gaps.

That's why I joined the Gafhouse last weekend. I was playing CM support on 250 ping though so it was hard to really do much in the game.

Also, who is noblewingz? And why did he draft Doom mid? Lol.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
rip in peace Thacker.
The Dota thread will miss your thoughtful insights.

Ketch

Woo just won my first real ember spirit game

like total crush 40 to 6... it didn't have much to do with me, but DP ember is a good combo.

manfestival

why are people so against deso ember? i played it for a bit and was mistreated because it wasnt a right away bfury and the team i just went against only hurt us because of ember with deso

BHK3

Banned
why are people so against deso ember? i played it for a bit and was mistreated because it wasnt a right away bfury and the team i just went against only hurt us because of ember with deso

I find BF on ember kinda like a midas for carries, its good on him but also means you need another item before you can really go pressing W and getting rampages. My friend mains ember and usually goes crit and deso instead of battlefuries and it really helps him keep the pressure up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dumb suggestion that will likely never happen: I a tournament has a loading screen, the game should automatically that loading screen when spectating a game for it.

ElyrionX

I am surprised that loading screens don't drop in-game. And strangely it seems that the kunka loading screens can already be individually traded on the community market. That's a lot faster than what it usually takes for items to be marketable.

shira

Ketch

I find BF on ember kinda like a midas for carries, its good on him but also means you need another item before you can really go pressing W and getting rampages. My friend mains ember and usually goes crit and deso instead of battlefuries and it really helps him keep the pressure up.

After watching the replay I found that most of the damage I dealt came from the flame guard, especially early and even into mid-late game. Prophet would ult and I would just kind be standing there with flame guard trying not to die... and they were dumb enough to stand around there so... we win. I went phase, drum, yasha into crit>sange>deadelus

I wonder if skaadi is a decent option for ember... an early orb of venom would work pretty well with the sort of phase/flame guard "stay next to them until they die" strategy.... and he also seems like the kind of carry who just needs all the stats. A skadi in the mid game might help keep you alive long enough to get the full effect of flame guard plus a couple extra slight of fists.

Also Radiance seems like a cool item, but I never understand how you're supposed to get enough gold for that as early as you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom