• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

After watching the replay I found that most of the damage I dealt came from the flame guard, especially early and even into mid-late game. Prophet would ult and I would just kind be standing there with flame guard trying not to die... and they were dumb enough to stand around there so... we win. I went phase, drum, yasha into crit>sange>deadelus

I wonder if skaadi is a decent option for ember... an early orb of venom would work pretty well with the sort of phase/flame guard "stay next to them until they die" strategy.... and he also seems like the kind of carry who just needs all the stats. A skadi in the mid game might help keep you alive long enough to get the full effect of flame guard plus a couple extra slight of fists.

Also Radiance seems like a cool item, but I never understand how you're supposed to get enough gold for that as early as you need it.

Battlefury on Ember is not as great as people make it out to be. Unless you have a Magnus or Enigma who can get all 5 enemies together for you to SoF through the enemy will never bunch enough to reap the full benefit

Skadi is pretty good though. Good stats + massive AoE slow? Yes please

I SHUDDER to imagine someone in AD with Divided we Stand and SoF

Rampage 24/7

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Battlefury on Ember is not as great as people make it out to be. Unless you have a Magnus or Enigma who can get all 5 enemies together for you to SoF through the enemy will never bunch enough to reap the full benefit

Rampage 24/7

just buy an orb of venom

skadii is a gigantic waste of 5400g might as well by 3 drums cuz that item is legit on ember too

Nirvana

Rampage 24/7

Don't think Ember can be in AD because his ult gives him 5 skills, which seems to be the excluding factor of the missing heroes.

I think raw damage is generally the answer for ES, since his SOF can almost single handedly stop pushes if you are hitting hard enough. The most successful build I've seen if in fact the BF build though, so I'm not entirely sure what the best item progression for the hero is tbh.

I'm annoyed at Lanaya's lines.

"The mysteries cannot protect themselves. "
"Well that's it. The secret is out! "
"First blood! There's nothing more mysterious until it has been spilled. "
"So it is revealed. "
"Clues to follow. "
"I sense a mystery. "
"In pursuit of the mysteries. "
"I am driven by secrets! "
"The mystery revealed. "
"The secret's out! "
"The mystery deepens. "
"What secrets shall be exposed. "
"May I be worthy of these mysteries. "
"You came too close to the secrets. "
"You'll never know the mysteries. "
"You never could keep a secret. "
"Your death was a secret I could no longer hide. "
"Secretly, I admired you. "
"The only mystery is how you lasted so long. "
"Riki, it's no secret that you're a poor assassin. "
"Your failure was no mystery to me, Bounty Hunter. "
"I believe, Invoker, you must have come too close to the mysteries. "
"You almost had our secrets, so we could not let you live. "
"Oh, Spectre, we could have shared such secrets. "
"I thought you spoke of mysteries but I see you were only confused. "
"Ah, Riki, care to share some trade secrets? "
"Warlock, I trust none of my secrets will end up in your grimoire? "
"The mysteries denied. "
"Mysteries within mysteries. "
"Keeping secrets can kill you. "
"My secrets...spilled. "
"The secret is out! "
"A glimpse of the secrets and already they fade. "
" I would prefer to keep my whereabouts a mystery. "
"Scepter of the mysteries. "
"I'll move in mysterious ways. "
"It's no secret- I was hoping for one of these. "
"A mysterious force. "
"The mysteries renew me. "
"I'll thank you to keep this a secret between us. "
" It'll be our little secret. "
" It's an open secret, obvious to all, that this one is in the bag! "
"Our secrets now lie bare for the whole world to see. "

Rip in peace Thacker and may you never come back.

Funnily, there's a thread on Reddit about a dude who comments every single fucking game he plays reminding me of Thacker:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1zotl6/this_guy_sums_up_every_single_match_he_plays_in/

He appears to not be as blatantely racist as Thacker but he doesn't take any blame for losses whatsoever and if he happens to win a game, it's in spite of his feeding comrades. You won't ever see him humbled by the superior enemy team - it's always's someone else's fault on his team he lost.

Acinixys

This Starladder game is pretty funny

SF using Requim to clear creep waves and Bat blinking onto heroes an just right clicking then to death

Plus Tree with boots chasing down a Lion with none and killing him

Nirvana

Rip in peace Thacker and may you never come back.

Funnily, there's a thread on Reddit about a dude who comments every single fucking game he plays reminding me of Thacker:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1zotl6/this_guy_sums_up_every_single_match_he_plays_in/

He appears to not be as blatantely racist as Thacker but he doesn't take any blame for losses whatsoever and if he happens to win a game, it's in spite of his feeding comrades. You won't ever see him humbled by the superior enemy team - it's always's someone else's fault on his team he lost.

Seems like he praises his teammates quite a bit in the comments actually. The guy's kind of amusing, although I can't imagine wanting to type up a report of every single game of Dota (especially since he's played over 4,000). What a fucking guy.

I want to try roaming treant protector, who starts with boots and oov and max leech seed first, with an early point in invis for imba initiations. Armour to be used only for tower diving, none for the team.

Think this can work? I was inspired by Shane's roaming max aura Omniknight, which was pretty legit.

GorillaJu

yeah I've found that deso is a bit better than bfury on Ember, but sometimes I'm just crying out for a little bit of regen on that hero since just farming lanes you take damage like crazy with his armor/hp and thus battlefury does fill that void. Probably better just to use bottle correctly and get a poor man's or something. Not really a big ember fan so shrug

Demoli

Don't get fooled guys, Drums deso crit is definatly the best Ember build there is, you sustain a nice balance of tank, mobility, and can apply a -7 armour to everyone on the enemy team, alonside having a good build up and enabling you to fight a lot mroe often early on. I still like to get Battlefuries, but only after drums-deso-crits is finished.

I typically play him mid, but i've been finding him a great solo safe laner against a solo offlaner, dude's hella strong.

F!ReW!Re

Nice, had a 12 min battlefury as AM, what do the other 4 players do? Go in aggressively against 5.
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT.

sigh...

Enough dota for this afternoon :-(

G.ZZZ

My first game in one month was the funniest shit. Grievers, grievers everywhere. I'm certain we lost cause we had a russian in team.

Ketch

I want to try roaming treant protector, who starts with boots and oov and max leech seed first, with an early point in invis for imba initiations. Armour to be used only for tower diving, none for the team.

Think this can work? I was inspired by Shane's roaming max aura Omniknight, which was pretty legit.

Combo with tusk and you'll be unstoppable. Snowball into leach seed + your amazing right click = free first blood.

manfestival

I dont think thacker was racist. I think he was just tired of not being able to communicate with his teammates and then did a poor job of representing his frustration. Fortunately I can communicate with peruvians as I know of some spanish (I am hispanic myself) but I do prefer my teammates to speak english. Granted I care less when its koreans, cause I seem to always win with korean teammates... even if I feed... which is awesome

His early game is too strong for how good he is late. If they nerfed his slow, he'd be fine. Snowballing off of slow + metamorphosis kills at lvl 3 is too easy. In that particular game, you guys seemed to have defended well while the enemy team had no proper late game heroes. They were always gonna lose late in case they failed to breach base which they did.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i played terror and got some 5 kills in the early game but lost eventually , am and spectre just got too big for me. It didn't help that our bb disconnected. So sad right now :(

i played terror and got some 5 kills in the early game but lost eventually , am and spectre just got too big for me. It didn't help that our bb disconnected. So sad right now :(

If you don't mind playing EU West I'll carry you with Terrorblade if you want.

edit: And if I may say something to your item build:

I'd skip the HotD because your illusion can tank the creeps, also your base HP regen is really good. Furthermore, I wouldn't got crits this early - you needed to tank up against this team because else Lion's ult alone could've (and probably did) wrecked you too quickly.

Personally, I usually go: PMS -> Treads -> Drums -> Manta -> Skadi -> Butterfly -> Crits

TB deals a shit ton of damage even w/o crits which is why I usually go for items that benefit my illusions. Hardly anything can stand up to a TB push with tons of strong illusions. If you are having an awesome early game, a Radiance is sick as well.

Pratfall

Do you think making purification an instant cast would make omni too strong? Or would it do nothing? At my skill level, there are many times where I cast it but in the time it takes for the animation to finish the enemy is too far away from the target.

In my last game as Omni I had a puck jump into a group of dudes, who all turned to right click him and I purified netting a double kill. I hope this hero gets some meaningful buffs next patch.

Also what do people think about basi on him vs rushing soul ring. It seems like rushing soul ring is the only really good option.

ElyrionX

Watching DreamLeague replays now and the casters seriously need to shut up about their fantasy team and points. No one gives a shit whether or not you got points from that Puck kill, guys.

Calidor

I feel terrible and i'm like 5k+ games in. The more you play the more u feel horrible for how much time you've invested in this game.

I feel terrible, considering I've been playing dota1/2 for so many years and 15yo kids own my white ass nowadays

Pratfall

Watching DreamLeague replays now and the casters seriously need to shut up about their fantasy team and points. No one gives a shit whether or not you got points from that Puck kill, guys.

To quote Dennis: "I hate listening to people's dreams (and fantasy leagues). It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just... don't care."

Vaporak

It probably wouldnt feel so bad if i was not pubbing solo but i kind of got into this after all my friends we done with it.

Don't forget to join the Neogaf guild, you'll probably (eventually) find some other low level players to play with and some better players willing to show you the ropes.

shira

Neither do they, it's marketing101 --> Finding ways to relate with the customer.

Oh you have Dendi - so do I? OMG we have something in common.
Oh you have Akke - so do I? OMG we have something in common.

Want to feel special, buy the ticket and we can give shoutouts for your Fantasy players.
Let's tweet this shit over and over so it feels like a meta-game within the game.

Acinixys

Neither do they, it's marketing101 --> Finding ways to relate with the customer.

Oh you have Dendi - so do I? OMG we have something in common.
Oh you have Akke - so do I? OMG we have something in common.

Want to feel special, buy the ticket and we can give shoutouts for your Fantasy players.
Let's tweet this shit over and over so it feels like a meta-game within the game.

The fantasy shit is pretty forced, but there was an Alliance game where the Mod couldnt force end when the GG was called, so the players were trolling each other to get last hits on buildings/rax and creeps for points and Bulldog was apologizing to Bruno bcz he was unable to do anything due to bane sleeping him all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom