• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoli

Legion Commander works best against tb in my opinion. Overwhelming odds destroys every illusion of him instant and when he drops below 50% you duel him and he just dies.

That works for the first 25 mins, then he gets a Skadi/Manta and illusions become way too tanky to get gibbed that easily, not to mention Skadi's orb makes a duel really frustrating.

god australians are the worst at this game

they make up for it by speaking funny.

Sven may be a legit counter to TB. I've been picking him up a few times post patch and 16 aoe armor is nothing to brush aside. Not to mention TB can't kite sven and sven's steroid damage is higher, and his 325 damage nuke that takes like a third of TB's health. Just make sure you either have another person stun him when he's low or save stormbolt so you don't get sundered.

Boken

Banned
the threads leaking again. theres another circlejerk thread in gaming discussion

at least its not "dont you hate it when dota is so good you dont have time for other games #firstworldproblems"

G.ZZZ

the threads leaking again. theres another circlejerk thread in gaming discussion

at least its not "dont you hate it when dota is so good you dont have time for other games #firstworldproblems"

Jelousy is a bad thing. You must be Peruvian

Razzer

Just keep asking in the chat channel. It does rely on one of the guild mods being online though so you may have been unlucky till now.

ElyrionX

I have seriously stopped playing other games because of Dota.

I can't play Dota until I get a new computer because my current one overheats and shuts down within 20 minutes of dotes.

Oh well, time to go fill out my Pokedex some more.

Madouu

I can't play Dota until I get a new computer because my current one overheats and shuts down within 20 minutes of dotes.

Oh well, time to go fill out my Pokedex some more.

Seems more like dust clogging up your cpu fan than a pc performance problem. Might want to clean that up.

Randdalf

I find I have to make time around Dota to play other games. Like I play from 8-10EST every night, so I have to work other games around that time block.

I can't really think of another game in my entire life that was like this.

I used to schedule my gaming around TF2, which I played almost religiously, although I had much more time back then to play other games. All I'm doing at the moment is Dota and university work.

I used to schedule my gaming around TF2, which I played almost religiously, although I had much more time back then to play other games. All I'm doing at the moment is Dota and university work.

When I was big into TF2 (I still play it every so often), I was lucky to be in college and have lots of free time.

Sadly, my interest in Dota started right around when I started my career. So I don't have the luxury to go on 5 hour spontaneous gaming binges like I did for Oblivion/TF2/Skyrim during college. Everything has to be planned around work now.

manfestival

I find I have to make time around Dota to play other games. Like I play from 8-10EST every night, so I have to work other games around that time block.

I can't really think of another game in my entire life that was like this.

sounds like a gf. Also, I suffer from this same problem. I have to play games around dota but thats because mobas in general are so demanding.

Kade

If Dota 2 didn't exist I'd probably have:

-Finished watching the original Star Wars trilogy to completion for the first time
-Finished the first job dungeon in Bravely Default
-Finished Bravely Default
-Finished a lot of other games
-Finished a video game
-Finished one or more the dozen pet projects I've started/planned
-Been hired at Valve

So glad that I don't have a girlfriend (by choice) because I'd have to divide my time even more.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If Dota 2 didn't exist I'd probably have:

-Finished watching the original Star Wars trilogy to completion for the first time
-Finished the first job dungeon in Bravely Default
-Finished Bravely Default
-Finished a lot of other games
-Finished a video game
-Finished one or more the dozen pet projects I've started/planned
-Been hired at Valve

So glad that I don't have a girlfriend (by choice) because I'd have to divide my time even more.

HAno.gif

Hylian7

A lot of people don't acknowledge the secret TB counter:
Medusa

Also Meepo works well as the poofs are great at dealing with the illusions, but of course you have to be extremely careful not to get one sundered

Tobe

its funny cause i only play f2p games but spend probably the same amount of money as before. puzzles and dragons and dota are expensive games if you want them to be.

I just discovered the joys of Sand King. What a hero. Whenever I used to play the hero I generally sucked with him. Never used to realise how good Sand Storm was for farming jungle.

I just discovered the joys of Sand King. What a hero. Whenever I used to play the hero I generally sucked with him. Never used to realise how good Sand Storm was for farming jungle.

Yeah, he's really great.

Just to say, don't be scared to throw out your ulti, if you stun, do it immediately, most people won't react in time and you should be able to ulti away.

Yeah, he's really great.

Just to say, don't be scared to throw out your ulti, if you stun, do it immediately, most people won't react in time and you should be able to ulti away.

Yeah I generally do that. Only issues I've experienced are in team fights when I don't manage to stun the heroes that can disrupt me channeling my ult. Is BKB on SK something that is gotten or is it deemed unnecessary?

Yeah I generally do that. Only issues I've experienced are in team fights when I don't manage to stun the heroes that can disrupt me channeling my ult. Is BKB on SK something that is gotten or is it deemed unnecessary?

Blink is usually the cure for not being stunned. I'd even go for Aghanims before considering BKB.

You get a blink so that you can be out of harms way when channeling and then you use the shift key to blink in immediately. No real need for a bkb unless you really want it. If you find yourself drowning in money after blink (which isn't hard to do with your passive) it would be better to get an aghs and veil.

Blink is usually the cure for not being stunned. I'd even go for Aghanims before considering BKB.

Yeah I generally get Blink first, was just thinking about items after that. I think a part of my problem stems from not having the whole shift queue thing down pat. I feel that would make my SK play a lot better.

I assume the general sequence is channel ult --> shift queue blink --> blink in --> stun whoever? Atm I'm blinking in--> stun --> channel ult which at times leaves me open to being disrupted.

You get a blink so that you can be out of harms way when channeling and then you use the shift key to blink in immediately. No real need for a bkb unless you really want it. If you find yourself drowning in money after blink (which isn't hard to do with your passive) it would be better to get an aghs and veil.

Ah k yeah I figured shift queuing would make things better. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom