• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

New Tip Strings
Typically, a team only needs one courier.
Magic damage can be reduced by purchasing items that grant Magic Resistance.
Physical damage can be reduced by items that grant armor.
Announcers and HUD Skins are shared between all players in that match. You can choose among them using the buttons along the top-left.
Remain calm. Remember: it's only a game.
Check your minimap often. You may discover you are about to be ambushed.
Destroying the enemy's barracks will strengthen your team's creeps in that lane.
Towers can see and attack invisible units.
Try to fight creeps and enemy Heroes within the attack range of an allied Tower.
You can disable auto-attacking in the options menu.

There should be a [X country citizen] is not representative of the entire population of [X]

and

Auto-attacking creeps is not an efficient way to receive gold

manfestival

Oh god, GIV OMNI SPACE MARINE

pls dont follow riot volvo! RESIST THE URGE!

Also that new doom set is pretty legit. Wouldnt mind getting the shoulders , head, and wings.

sven set is kinda... boring to me. There are stronger sven sets. Pudge set is very cool and unique looking. I kinda wish more sets took this kind of inspiration instead of taking the samey looking direction like the sven set

please no peru

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Come on Custom Game support, come out already! Free to Play update with Techies, Pit Lord, and Custom Game support.

Lotto

CUSTOM GAME MODE
Custom Game Mode Help
Publish Custom Game Mode
Colbert+Sucker.gif

Best part of the schema update
aside from Clockwerk starting to get broken down

Valve should not allow a pause until all players have picked. It gets old watching opposing stacks waiting until you pick and then repeatedly pausing so they don't lose gold while picking.

TB can Manta out of his silence. Regardless, Skywrath is a vastly underrated hero these days. His long duration, long range silence is so fucking good and wrecks so many heroes, it's not even funny. It's his best skill.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Chinese meta is so crazy right now. Pure blend of TI2/TI3 lol--bat, alch, ds, invoker are all first rounders. Morph vs AMs. Lycan banned nearly every second round (though I haven't seen him win a game yet in this Sinacup).

Surprised they have completely ignored Ember Spirit though, he's not even late picked or banned, ever (from what I've seen).

Razzer

I thought exactly the same thing. I want to know what the West is doing now (apart from Ember Spirit) since I haven't watched much western Dota.

The CIS scene seems to like Dazzle and Slardar a lot right now. That's all I've noticed off the top of my head.

Seems there is some web site analyzing us.
http://omgili.com/thread/jHIAmI4hxg...mgZqYW3..8UnKhRH466IGq2rsjlaP9n1zG0aY36R1g--/

The site is dumb and doesn't seem to comprehend pages

There's been so much
stupid
"controversies" in this thread.
Probably the only exception, kind of a big deal
The Great Meeru Keygate, Finalow 1 v 1 mid showdown, Dreams-Vision callout, Milkman Phoenix IHL flipflop, Dr. Kirborkian 5 man botting throwing games, Kappura*/BZM autism hater rally. Probably more that I can't remember.

I hope the workshop is only for submitting maps that you'd like to receive donations for via the valve store. I liked the unregulated WC3 lobby system. If there is mandatory submission how am I going to get my dbz maps.

Terroblade is extremely easy to kill with the right amount of stuns and timing. Get some heavy nukers like Lina, Luna or Skywrath. Skywrath is good because he has a silence and a high damage ultimate. If catch TB off guard when his Metamorphosis is down and stun-lock him to prevent Sunder, you should be fine. He requires good farm to get going, and can be a real pain in the ass late game, so get on it early. He's basically Antimage killing priority, but with no escape.

Demoli

Probably the best early game hero to deal with TB, more specificly in the laningphase, is Dark seer. Ion Shell is magical which goes right through his armour, and surge kinda nullifies his slow. Once you hit lvl 3 with soul ring TB just can't farm without a support there assisting him (which prevents roams to mid).

Wall also dicks him over in the late game, specially if you build aghs.

I wonder if these new items will ever enter the drop system. It's usually hit or miss with player sets in the drop system (Ice3 and those Russian casters drop, others do not for example)

Nirvana

I hate dota. Throwing games is the worst thing known to man.

Edit: I think I've lost all of my first 7 ranked solo games :(

My guess is that Clockwerk will have a visual update really soon and him, Treant, Tinker and Terrorblade will be ready for cosmetics (the latter three are already set up, just not on the workshop requirements).

I don't really think they'll set up Clockwerk for items without remaking him first, his model is ancient and so low res.

manfestival

I wish there were other things on than russians and sheever feeding. Her solo is around 3600 and her party is 4200... talk about huge disparity thanks to bolldoge being in love with her

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My guess is that Clockwerk will have a visual update really soon and him, Treant, Tinker and Terrorblade will be ready for cosmetics (the latter three are already set up, just not on the workshop requirements).

I don't really think they'll set up Clockwerk for items without remaking him first, his model is ancient and so low res.

I don't think its going to be this huge visual remake for Clockwork of Tinker, its likely going to be similar to when they broke up Gyro, there will be some minor changes to his model, but he will still be mostly the same.

Treant will likely not change a bit.

I don't think its going to be this huge visual remake for Clockwork of Tinker, its likely going to be similar to when they broke up Gyro, there will be some minor changes to his model, but he will still be mostly the same.

Treant will likely not change a bit.

I think Tinker's model is fine (iirc he actually had a texture update way back when they first started hero remakes). Clockwerk is awful though. Super low res, blurry textures.

Goblin-Clockwerk.png

Yuck

What's weird is Clockwerk had a visual remake in the files forever
aLMfF.jpg

But it's just been sitting there for years...

GorillaJu

TB can Manta out of his silence. Regardless, Skywrath is a vastly underrated hero these days. His long duration, long range silence is so fucking good and wrecks so many heroes, it's not even funny. It's his best skill.

It's pure silliness, but my record as mid Sky starting with Null + regen, then rushing dagon before getting boots, skipping ult till everything else is maxed is like 6 wins 1 loss in ranked :O

When you're popping into a side lane with a dagon at 8-9 minutes, lvl 2 silence and lvl 4 nuke, silence then nuke/dagon/nuke kills pretty much anything that's there (supports don't even need 2 nukes to die). Then you get your brown boots and start upgrading dagon. You get a nice level advantage from hero kill exp and just start roaming around blowing shit up. Game tends to end with 15+ kills and <5 deaths lol

It shouldn't work as often as it does, but it does. I'm sure I'd get wrecked if I tried this with 5k+ players though.

inkls

Blink Dagger when it's absolutely imperative that you doom one specific target (Warlock, Invoker, Mag, Omni), and that not dooming them means a lost game.

Shadowblade for general purpose initiation.

Refresher is a joke item.

What about if I need to doom multiple targets in a teamfight. Its still taking out 40% of their team

I think Tinker's model is fine (iirc he actually had a texture update way back when they first started hero remakes). Clockwerk is awful though. Super low res, blurry textures.

Goblin-Clockwerk.png

Yuck

What's weird is Clockwerk had a visual remake in the files forever
aLMfF.jpg

But it's just been sitting there for years...

I though that was an early model?

GorillaJu

What about if I need to doom multiple targets in a teamfight. Its still taking out 40% of their team

I though that was an early model?

Clockwerk was one of the first heroes in D2 beta, and I seem to recall that color scheme being much closer to the original, but the original texture quality was nowhere near that good. His armor looked chunkier and like a plastic toy, kinda similar to Ancient Apparition almost.

Wish I could find a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom