• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc Na`Vi first picked Timber, followed by Fnatic's AA+Rhasta into Dazzle+Clinkz for Na`Vi. Might have been the other way around with Fnatic picking first but Pudge and Omni definitely were Na`Vi's 4th and 5th picks.

I think that's correct. Seemed to be working out well for them until Funn1k got caught out a bunch of times. Those were some good hook saves by Dendi though.

Edit: Were rmN and Dk.Phobos stand-ins or was it just Puppey and XBOCT under different aliases?
cool cool cool

I've thought about aa as a counter to omni before but I've never really tried it out before. I can see chilling touch doing something for you in some mid game fights to try and mess up the guardian angel. After mid game the bonus damage seems negligible, and even during maybe.

now if it turned all your right clicks into magical damage.....

shira

BiFBFF5CcAAZVKk.jpg

EElost
https://twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/441705794380120065

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, I have a question for you all. Do people who purchase tournament tickets have an inrevocable right to cast or restream a tournament game? A bunch of people on reddit believe valves video policy and tournament policy make it so people are allowed to do what ever they want with content they see in game. I argued that the tournament is a derivative work and that tournament organizers have the right to restrict unauthorized rebroadcasts if they desire.

Am I wrong?

shira

So, I have a question for you all. Do people who purchase tournament tickets have an inrevocable right to cast or restream a tournament game? A bunch of people on reddit believe valves video policy and tournament policy make it so people are allowed to do what ever they want with content they see in game. I argued that the tournament is a derivative work and that tournament organizers have the right to restrict unauthorized rebroadcasts if they desire.

Am I wrong?

It all depends if there are backdoor deals for exclusivity.

manfestival

Am I wrong?

I watched a dudes stream get taken down because he was streaming joindota for a little on twitch

Fuchsdh

Am I wrong?

I would imagine that Valve put language in the TOS that make it against their terms to broadcast certain types of matches. They certainly don't want to stop Joe Gamer from streaming his forays into matchmaking on Twitch, but they certainly have a vested interest in making money of tourneys and protecting that sunk cost for the people who ponied up.

sixghost

Am I wrong?

You start getting into the issue Starcraft ran into during the Kespa/Blizzard beef. Just because you are running the tournament doesn't give you ownership of the games. Kespa tried to sell the rights to broadcast their tournaments and Blizzard dropped the hammer on them. I have no idea what Valve's agreements are like with tournament organizers, but it's Valve's call in the end. Allowing anyone to broadcast anything is definitely open to abuse, but it's better than the alternative like in 2007 when the korean Starcraft leagues were taking down english commentary VODs of starcraft matches despite not offering any sort of english commentary.

Nirvana

Am I wrong?

I would think you should be able to stream the actual play and possibly the camera work of the casters, but not their voices, since I suppose in a way, that's the 'intellectual property' of the casters and the company by extension. Sort of. I think if you're streaming the actual gameplay and just casting the game yourself, it should be fine, but surely just streaming a ticketed event would make it problematic for companies trying to make some money.

There's a reason that you aren't allowed to bring video cameras and recording devices into theatres etc. when artists are performing new material, this streaming thing is really no different to bootlegging and kind of undermines the events.

inkls

question: is blink dagger > shadow blade on Doom?

When is it a good idea to buy refresher on him and when should I decide to do so in the game?

shira

I would think you should be able to stream the actual play and possibly the camera work of the casters, but not their voices, since I suppose in a way, that's the 'intellectual property' of the casters and the company by extension. Sort of. I think if you're streaming the actual gameplay and just casting the game yourself, it should be fine, but surely just streaming a ticketed event would make it problematic for companies trying to make some money.

There's a reason that you aren't allowed to bring video cameras and recording devices into theatres etc. when artists are performing new material, this streaming thing is really no different to bootlegging and kind of undermines the events.

IDK I feel like if you are holding the tournament like vilat and starladder you should have a little more power, if you are just BTS and only casting it, you should have less clout.

When is it a good idea to buy refresher on him and when should I decide to do so in the game?

I do not think blink dagger is better on Doom. You can position yourself better with Shadow Blade and it gives stats unlike Blink Dagger.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blink Dagger when it's absolutely imperative that you doom one specific target (Warlock, Invoker, Mag, Omni), and that not dooming them means a lost game.

Shadowblade for general purpose initiation.

Refresher is a joke item.

Nirvana

Refresher is a joke item.

Had this discussion with a bunch of friends recently and I'm not entirely sure I agree with you. You can basically take two targets out of a teamfight instantly with a refresher, I think it's less of a joke item than Aghs to be honest, especially if they have a wombo-combo lineup.

Am I wrong?
From a Dota TV point of view any one is allowed to stream if they have purchased the ticket.

In reality it all depends on the organisation. I know that Joindota gets Twitch to shutdown the streams of any one streaming it.

In regards to people selling/"trading" rights to their tournaments that is also completely allowed, there has been so much behind the scenes bullshit regarding this very recently in fact.

From a Dota TV point of view any one is allowed to stream if they have purchased the ticket.

In reality it all depends on the organisation. I know that Joindota gets Twitch to shutdown the streams of any one covering the same game as them.

In regards to people selling/"trading" rights to their tournaments that is also completely allowed, there has been so much behind the scenes bullshit regarding this very recently in fact.
Behind the scenes? I'm sure we don't see plenty, but there's still some of it on twitter.

shira

In reality it all depends on the organisation. I know that Joindota gets Twitch to shutdown the streams of any one streaming it.

I love how the Good Studio are more than happy staying out of this mess, renting their million dollar house, and doing only Swedish tourneys. Their between game content is so good it doesn't even matter if people pirate stream the game.

Quesa

This has me wondering if there's any money if streaming random pubs and making dumb commentary or snootily pointing out flaws in low-tier players' builds for laughs.

CM refused to buy wards or play any semblance of a supporting role.

Told us that she wanted to spend her money on items. Which includes a sage's mask.

You'll never guess where she's from. #freethacker.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like we should get an update tonight. An incomplete item schema seems to have been pushed out, and you can't queue with 4 people in ranked.

sixghost

IDK I feel like if you are holding the tournament like vilat and starladder you should have a little more power, if you are just BTS and only casting it, you should have less clout.

At the end of the day they're still using a game they didn't create themselves to actually generate the content. If Valve ever felt the need to step in and affirm peoples right to stream a ticket they've bought, I'm not sure the casters would have any sort of defense.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
CM refused to buy wards or play any semblance of a supporting role.

Told us that she wanted to spend her money on items. Which includes a sage's mask.

You'll never guess where she's from. #freethacker.

E8UASND.gif

If she truly was from there, you wouldn't have been able to understand her!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Love the Dark Seer set, and the Prophet set looks cool too, but that bounty hunter set looks a bit dull, nothing really stands out.

For the Free to play stuff, not liking how the courier looks in the image, but the ward is cool. The Pudge set looks really nice, but the Sven set is pretty dull. Shame there is no set image for the Doom Set, but I'm liking the individual parts.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I dig that Dark Seer set too. Fits him pretty well.

Wonder how long until Venge and Wifestealer sets get added.

Post updated with some unreleased spoiler strings.

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/dota-2-6th-march-item-schema-update/1100-995/

MMR/Network Conditions/Disconnection Strings

• %s1 has been disconnected for too long and has been removed from the game.
  • %s1 has been removed from the game due to inactivity and will be assessed with an abandon.
  • %s1 has been disconnected for too long and will be assessed with an abandon.
  • Poor network conditions have been detected. No stats will be recorded for this match. Matchmaking rating (MMR) will not be updated.
  • Players may now leave this match without being assessed with an abandon.
  • This match will be scored, and matchmaking rating (MMR) will be updated. Leavers will be scored as losers.
  • Failure to reconnect will result in the following consequences:
  • Leaving this match will result in the following consequences:
  • Your teammates will play at a disadvantage.
  • Your matchmaking rating (MMR) will decrease.
  • The matchmaking rating (MMR) of everyone in your party will decrease.
  • The match will not be scored for other players.
  • You will not be credited with having completed the match.
New Animation Mod

• Booties of Travel!
New Tip Strings

• Typically, a team only needs one courier.
  • Magic damage can be reduced by purchasing items that grant Magic Resistance.
  • Physical damage can be reduced by items that grant armor.
  • Announcers and HUD Skins are shared between all players in that match. You can choose among them using the buttons along the top-left.
  • Remain calm. Remember: it's only a game.
  • Check your minimap often. You may discover you are about to be ambushed.
  • Destroying the enemy's barracks will strengthen your team's creeps in that lane.
  • Towers can see and attack invisible units.
  • Try to fight creeps and enemy Heroes within the attack range of an allied Tower.
  • You can disable auto-attacking in the options menu.
New Recruitment Strings

• Claim Rewards
Custom Gamemode Strings

Custom game modes will be submitted through the existing Workshop system.

• DOTA_Workshop_SubmissionType_CustomGame = CUSTOM GAME MODE
  • DOTA_Workshop_CustomGame_Help = Custom Game Mode Help
  • DOTA_Workshop_ImportCustomGame = Publish Custom Game Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom