• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the set. Its not really horrible, but more mediocre .

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=235784731

Now, this Mirana set is really nice
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=235678659

Also, Valve needs to get some image detection software to automatically remove all this stolen artwork from the workshop that people are submitting as loading screens.

Making Nova white is a terrible idea. That bleeds a bit too much into Mirana territory.

manfestival

it seems like some of these sets that are more recent are taking more creative and unique looks as opposed to before (which was one of my major complaints about the cosmetics for this game, its that they were too samey looking to differentiate from original items for the most part).

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Last night I literally had a dream that the dota community market was overhauled and it was wonderful.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
it seems like some of these sets that are more recent are taking more creative and unique looks as opposed to before (which was one of my major complaints about the cosmetics for this game, its that they were too samey looking to differentiate from original items for the most part).

I think Valve has also gotten used to the fact that someone will complain about items no matter what, unless they are super boring and don't look different.

I like the variety we've gotten over the last year. A nice diverse cast of heroes able to get items, versus 2012 when we'd get the same 7 heroes over and over. Valve also seems quick to take in new hero sets, where before it seemed like it would take months if not close to a year to get a hero who was item ready to actually get items. Skeleton King was one of the first heroes open for items and yet he wouldn't get his first set until summer of last year. Pugna had been ready since early last year and didn't get his first set until last month. But with Luna, Puck, LC, etc, they seem eager and willing to add sets as soon as they're ready.

It also seems they're committed to getting way more heroes item ready. There's lots that are in the pipeline for cosmetics, some of which will make for some unique items (like Timbersaw) and some that will be really popular (Terrorblade)

Raytow

That Mirana set sure looks like something Luna would use, weird. In other hats we need more Raptors for Disruptor, a feather raptor would be cool.

SamVimes

I don't understand how even with an american relatively big esports organization behind them Bone7 still can't get a visa. I hope this won't be a problem at ti.

mfaex

I don't understand how even with an american relatively big esports organization behind them Bone7 still can't get a visa. I hope this won't be a problem at ti.

He was rejected for a visa before, which is why they didn't try. Saving his next "attempt" for TI4.

Acinixys

That Mirana set sure looks like something Luna would use, weird. In other hats we need more Raptors for Disruptor, a feather raptor would be cool.

While all these Mirana sets are ok, nothing ive seen beats Anuxis Owlion set. Even SingSing uses it and hes like THE Mirana player. So clearly its the best

I also want to see the Slardar remake so he can get nice cosmetics

EDIT:

Wow Twitch is a piece of shit today. I cant watch these monster games even on mobile quality because the stream is lagging so much

Thanks Obama

Artanisix

I can't even remember what bananamancer looks like. Veno remake is the definitive remake for me.

Still waiting for SF though, SF cosmetics will be baller.

potam

Banned
So Dota 2 finally clicked with me last night, and I'm really enjoying it. I've only been randoming since I don't want to get attached to a single hero, but I'm getting better. Anyone have any simple, but not obvious, tips?

ViviOggi

So Dota 2 finally clicked with me last night, and I'm really enjoying it. I've only been randoming since I don't want to get attached to a single hero, but I'm getting better. Anyone have any simple, but not obvious, tips?

This is your new best friend:

I like the bolded part, that's a good mindset to have. In case you haven't noticed already, you can select any hero, enemy or ally, and mouse over their skills to see their descriptions. Holding Alt will display more specific information for many skills as well.

sixghost

Don't be afraid to leave your lane early if you are a support. Ganking another lane or TPing in to turn a fight or stop a gank are two of the most useful things you can do early on. Also buy smoke and use them early if you think you can kill mid.

manfestival

stick to laning for now and runes come up every 2 minutes (I did not know this till like 300 games in lol)

Chris R

Keep randoming. That extra gold at the start is really useful until you get last hitting down.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Attempting to deny a friendly unit, even if it has full hp, will cause enemy creeps and towers to lose agrow on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom