• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanavi

We have a guild?
Why when it's safe do d/c I leave and it still counts as a loss?
Neogaf chat room is dead?

It's safe to d/c because you won't get an abandon but if certain criteria are met then the game still counts, regardless of whether or not someone leaves first. If the criteria aren't met then the "safe to leave" message will also mention that "stats will not be recorded" in which case it will not count as a loss.

Raytow

It's pure silliness, but my record as mid Sky starting with Null + regen, then rushing dagon before getting boots, skipping ult till everything else is maxed is like 6 wins 1 loss in ranked :O

When you're popping into a side lane with a dagon at 8-9 minutes, lvl 2 silence and lvl 4 nuke, silence then nuke/dagon/nuke kills pretty much anything that's there (supports don't even need 2 nukes to die). Then you get your brown boots and start upgrading dagon. You get a nice level advantage from hero kill exp and just start roaming around blowing shit up. Game tends to end with 15+ kills and <5 deaths lol

It shouldn't work as often as it does, but it does. I'm sure I'd get wrecked if I tried this with 5k+ players though.
Oh that sounds like nice ticket out of my current tier, will try and let you know, thanks.

It's pure silliness, but my record as mid Sky starting with Null + regen, then rushing dagon before getting boots, skipping ult till everything else is maxed is like 6 wins 1 loss in ranked :O

When you're popping into a side lane with a dagon at 8-9 minutes, lvl 2 silence and lvl 4 nuke, silence then nuke/dagon/nuke kills pretty much anything that's there (supports don't even need 2 nukes to die). Then you get your brown boots and start upgrading dagon. You get a nice level advantage from hero kill exp and just start roaming around blowing shit up. Game tends to end with 15+ kills and <5 deaths lol

It shouldn't work as often as it does, but it does. I'm sure I'd get wrecked if I tried this with 5k+ players though.

This sounds great, but not even a bottle? You'd probably need to have a pretty favorable opponent mid. Will try anyway.

Keen as another word for dwarf?

Yea. Valve doesn't seem to like using common fantasy names for most heroes.

Oglodi = Orc (Axe, Warlock, Disruptor and Lifestealer)
Keen = Dwarf (Sniper, Tinker, Clockwerk and Gyrocopter)
Small Keen = Goblin (Timbersaw, Alchemist, probably Techies)
Ancient Heroes = Elves (Druid, Death Prophet, Lich, Invoker, basically anyone in the game who is really old, human and has pointed ears)

gnome. Notice the purple skin and the reliance on sci fi tech in a fantasy setting

Short, fat little men with big bushy facial hair sound more like dwarves to me.

CryptiK

After huge loss streak and low prio gave Captains Mode a try instead of AP.

Right Click Jugg best Jugg. http://dotabuff.com/matches/552336093

Friend said getting BKB on Jugg is a terrible idea it is if you are going the same run of the mill build BF/Mjillnor Aghs but if you are right clicking Magic Immune is your friend. Ignore 2 boots bought back and bought boots to TP and finish.

inkls

Short, fat little men with big bushy facial hair sound more like dwarves to me.

Look at blizzard's gnomes, pretty much what you describe except more tech.

Friend said getting BKB on Jugg is a terrible idea it is if you are going the same run of the mill build BF/Mjillnor Aghs but if you are right clicking Magic Immune is your friend. Ignore 2 boots bought back and bought boots to TP and finish.

Well, you need one for each foot.

manfestival

winning one game with bkb is not disproof

CryptiK

winning one game with bkb is not disproof
Sure but the uptime I had in fights and additional tankiness was pretty high due to the lack of stuns and disables that could hold me in place plus my ult I was putting out ridiculous amounts of damage. BKB>Ult>Spin stupid amount of damage output. I'd recommend it only if the other team has a large amount of disable(especially hex) and if you are building right click with Deso. I could see this working more often than not. Basic build was Phase>Drums>Yasha>Deso>BKB>Manta.

manfestival

Sure but the uptime I had in fights and additional tankiness was pretty high due to the lack of stuns and disables that could hold me in place plus my ult I was putting out ridiculous amounts of damage. BKB>Ult>Spin stupid amount of damage output. I'd recommend it only if the other team has a large amount of disable(especially hex) and if you are building right click with Deso. I could see this working more often than not. Basic build was Phase>Drums>Yasha>Deso>BKB>Manta.

I was making a general statement. I hate playing juggernaut and I usually end up wrecking them for the most part.

Also dendi tried to pick his murder of crows set and dota 2 wouldnt let him :(

shira

smeh, you have a point. I just generally don't see dwarves as a laser using kind of race.
That is racist against dwarves. Are you saying dwarves can't use technology? Are they less intelligent than other races?

2 hearts on DP, refresher orb veno. idk even know anymore

shira

As an elf, yes.

iWD0cgDpdSHDK.jpg

KingKong

Why am I not surprised that they couldnt start the game on time. Its only 2014, setting up a tournament is basically impossible

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So, uhm, Tree + Axe is my new vote for "fuck this lane should not be this strong". Armor on Axe plus Leech Seed is a goddamn deathtrap, they can just tower dive and murder you with impunity.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

The reason why this felt so viable was more the composition of the enemy team. The only "carry" they had was Mirana, who isn't much of a carry herself.

Right click jugg loses to pretty much any other carry, just look at his skillset. The only thing that gives him carry potential in that manner is his crit. Spin renders you unable to autoattack non-magic immune targets, heal is a strong team utility spell, and his ulti scales with attack speed rather than damage, sort of counter productive to his crit. Yeah, he's still an agility hero so it will all scale together decently on it's own, but that only takes him so far. He'll get demolished by things like void, slardar, wk, ck, terrorblade, slark, etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom