• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

potam

Banned
Attempting to deny a friendly unit, even if it has full hp, will cause enemy creeps and towers to lose agrow on you.

What does 'deny a friendly unit' mean? So are the different classes (support, carry, etc.) 'hard' roles or just suggestions? I never pay attention to them atm, and basically play each different character in the same way. Is this completely wrong?

aeolist

Banned
watching liquid is just sad lately

had some hopes after ti3 and a few good months afterward, but they need to shuffle before the ti4 invites/qualifiers

Acinixys

Who needs carries when you have a CM + Witch Doctor lane that wrecks so hard?

pyMci9p.png

What does 'deny a friendly unit' mean? So are the different classes (support, carry, etc.) 'hard' roles or just suggestions? I never pay attention to them atm, and basically play each different character in the same way. Is this completely wrong?

Denying is like last hitting, but on your own creeps. Denying your own creep gives the enemy hero no gold and less XP. You can also deny your own lane towers when they get low enough. I would suggest watching some youtube videos on denying. Its a very crucial thing to know.

The "class" suggestions are very out of date, but still mostly true. You can stick to them till you get to know the heroes better (so when youre 1000 hours in :D)

Looks like for clock they just plated his texture quality by a lot and gave him a shiny new portrait

Good enough for me! Also he's set up for items now.

It's not a bug. It's to prevent solo queuers being stacked with a party of four.
Well I'm going to have quite an awkward time then. The majority of my games with friends are four stacks. Guess I'll have to shuffle around looking for a 5th or kick someone out to only play with 3. How lame.

shira

Aaron Chambers ‏@ayesee 12m
Well after the patch it looks like the ticketing system is bugged -- so this Game 3 will be free to watch in-client to everyone! Cheers :D

Dat patch

Pratfall

Nothing gives me satisfaction like seeing a doom, NP, LC or any other insufferable jungler on the other team, picking up wards right away and just magic bushing the shit out of their jungle. Not a single person at my tier dewards and the confused and underleveled jungler comes stumbling into lane at 8 minutes looking for farm.

Zeknurn

Balanced Draft
Each team is given 5 heroes that are automatically selected with an attempt to balance roles. Recommended for Experienced Players

New favourite mode confirmed.

lol man, at thsi point of the game i just laugh at pudge first pickers on ranked. i laugh at the pick and i laugh even harder at all the hooks missed and how bad they are. i just dont give a fuck anymore, if we win we win if not, fuck it.

Balanced Draft
Each team is given 5 heroes that are automatically selected with an attempt to balance roles. Recommended for Experienced Players

I'm glad they're diversifying modes for those who want it...

But at the same time I can't imagine this being anything but a train wreck and lots of pictures being posted "volvo plz look at the team you gave us this aint balanced".

Edit:wait this isnt real is it

That shop update for tournaments is nice though.

Hylian7

lol man, at thsi point of the game i just laugh at pudge first pickers on ranked. i laugh at the pick and i laugh even harder at all the hooks missed and how bad they are. i just dont give a fuck anymore, if we win we win if not, fuck it.
Pudge is a perfectly viable pick. Even if they miss hooks you can still be useful by holding someone down with Dismember and a point blank hook. Get Blink to be even more useful.

I've never understood why people give Pudge pickers shit in ranked.

Is this Balanced Draft thing actually in or just spotted in the files? If yes, ranked, unranked, or both?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Balanced Draft

Could of sworn that string was already in the files. Guess I'll find out when I get home.

I wonder if we are going to get a large update to tie into the release of free to pay, or if the next big content patch is still a ways away.

Pratfall

Pudge is a perfectly viable pick. Even if they miss hooks you can still be useful by holding someone down with Dismember and a point blank hook. Get Blink to be even more useful.

I've never understood why people give Pudge pickers shit in ranked.

Is this Balanced Draft thing actually in or just spotted in the files? If yes, ranked, unranked, or both?

To be fair, 90% of pudge pickers are just the worst people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom