• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Davidw1404: is this a game of two semi-pro teams?
Afterman_: the only 5k+ mmr people are on radiant
Afterman_: everyone else is 4k or below
Senorbloodaxe: >semi-pro
Senorbloodaxe: HAHAHAHA

Nirvana

Ranked teammates are honestly worse than unranked, just lost my 4th game in a row. I didn't do all that well, was a big part of throwing one game, but I just can't get over how much better the other team has felt in all 4 games. One more game to decide my solo mmr, am not excited :(

and once again, a peruvian pudge who fed Bloodseeker and lost the game for us. I think he died like 7 times in 3 minutes. Picked pudge after i told him i would go mid, but no, he last picked pudge.

Hylian7

To be fair, 90% of pudge pickers are just the worst people.

You make a fair point, but still I don't judge people for picking that hero unless there is not room for it, like below.

and once again, a peruvian pudge who fed Bloodseeker and lost the game for us. I think he died like 7 times in 3 minutes. Picked pudge after i told him i would go mid, but no, he last picked pudge.

Yeah definitely a bad time to pick Pudge if you already have a mid. Otherwise BS is not a bad opponent for him. Usually you can harass him away from the creep wave for a hook, assuming you got him and he silences you, just attack him, you have more damage and rot on now.

Chris R

Lycan so good.

What should I build end game though? I went basher -> AC -> Linkens -> Abyssal but was just being silly since we had the game in hand.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Had my second Chen ever in AR and decided to #yolo

u8cRaGg.png

Went better than expected, but man after you lose map control vs a SB Lina / Brood / Supermega nuke damage you can't get creeps for shit.
Everyone basically died instantly to the combo magical damage with no BKBs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like Valve put a flag that should make it so you can't give meepo clones wards anymore. Wonder if it also works for illusions.

Oh, there is also a Tools folder now, but the only thing in it is pet.dll. Anyone know what that does? And there is a workshop.dll in the binary folder.

GorillaJu

This sounds great, but not even a bottle? You'd probably need to have a pretty favorable opponent mid. Will try anyway.

The the most common lane opponent I face in mid is Invoker and it wrecks his shit because of the range of the Q nuke and his generally low starting stats. Plus he never gets bottle either and Sky's base ms is much higher than his so you can beat him to runes if something good pops up.

Basically it works for me because Sky's intel is so good, when you shuttle in a second salve and the staff of intelligence, so long as you aren't using ult you should be pretty good on mana. Regen is more of an issue and I usually ask for a tango or two. Sometimes I leave the +10 int staff in base because if I show I'm rushing Dagon, supports will come poop on my face.

If you don't use ult, you don't need a whole lot of mana. Ult pretty much requires you to use your slow rocket, but what I like to do is attack, Q attack, then when they reposition themselves after harassment, attack, Q, silence before the Q hits, chase and Q again and they should be dead. Heroes with escape abilities like qop, storm, Invoker or ember generally don't realize I'm trying to kill them until it's too late and they're silenced and can't run away.

It's a stupid build but in pubs, where teammates are always slow to react, it tends to come off for me.

Kard8p3

Had my second Chen ever in AR and decided to #yolo

u8cRaGg.png

Went better than expected, but man after you lose map control vs a SB Lina / Brood / Supermega nuke damage you can't get creeps for shit.
Everyone basically died instantly to the combo magical damage with no BKBs.

Chen is legit ez mode man.

NBtoaster

"dota_tip_intermediate_12" "If a Ward has vision into a neutral creep camp, it will prevent the creeps from spawning."

"dota_tip_intermediate_18" "When neither team has vision into a neutral creep camp, an empty creep camp will always refill at the minute mark."

Dammit Valve

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does no one else have issues with US west over the past few days? For me, I'm getting 200 pings with the 192.69.96.0/22 range, and it looks like its some sort of routing issue. The 208.64.201.0/24 range gives me my expected ping of 130 though:
1: 107-209-184-3.lightspeed.wepbfl.sbcglobal.net (107.209.184.3) 27 ms
2: * *
3: 12.83.70.29 32 ms
4: 12.122.155.173 32 ms
5: 192.205.36.254 65 ms
6: ae-31-51.ebr1.Miami1.Level3.net (4.69.138.91) 129 ms
7: ae-2-2.ebr1.Dallas1.Level3.net (4.69.140.133) 130 ms
8: ae-81-81.csw3.Dallas1.Level3.net (4.69.151.149) 122 ms
9: ae-62-62.ebr2.Dallas1.Level3.net (4.69.151.130) 129 ms
10: ae-2-2.ebr1.Denver1.Level3.net (4.69.132.105) 124 ms
11: ae-1-100.ebr2.Denver1.Level3.net (4.69.151.182) 123 ms
12: ae-2-2.ebr2.Seattle1.Level3.net (4.69.132.53) 129 ms
13: ae-2-52.edge2.Seattle3.Level3.net (4.69.147.171) 130 ms
14: eat.valve.net (192.69.96.1) 209 ms

Is there anything I could do?

Did dotabuff have a feature showing the current most popular skill build for a hero or am I imagining that? Also, it's normal to not take macropyre at 6, right?

CryptiK

2 hearts on DP, refresher orb veno. idk even know anymore
Yeah neither do I DP just had cash to spare I think and said fuck it. Veno was trying to play like Natures Prophet no idea on the refresher though probably trying to melt me or something.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dota is so hard ;_;. Can't carry Potato Bracket. What other heroes should I have picked? I saw them pick VS/BS/SD and decided Ursa over LS.
SD/SK dc'd.

Should I have bought a hex over the rapier since we needed disable more? I had a fresh BKB so I thought I'd be okay.
gFytdlA.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Should have microed the dudududu.

Also, finally above 2.5k, road to 3k begins now
I did a few times, mainly just Epi -> Stun -> SS and had him die. Got a kill with CM and Ursa top though which was cool. Should have set him to follow me tbh as a 300 gold stun, might have won.

We had our Ancient exposed for the last 15 minutes with 500 HP, Tiny just walked to it and got it down to like 50hp before we glyphed and killed him, but we wiped later since they had 3 cores and 3 stuns vs our 1.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Kard8p3

Hey guys, kard's friend and our on and off resident honorary-gaf streamer travdood is hosting a spring dota 2 tournament with some cool items as part of the prize pool. He's looking for a few more teams to sign up, so if anyone out there has got a team and is brave enough to take on some of 4k+ gaf, here's the sign-up website: http://battlefy.com/travdood/travdoods-2014-dota-2-spring-open/5306b228ca4cc60f1282b36d/teams.

I'm lookin at you team trasher and guidos ;).

Shit, time to get some serious practice..

lsKh2VC.gif

Nirvana

Hey guys, kard's friend and resident honorary-gaf streamer travdood is hosting a spring dota 2 tournament with some cool items as part of the prize pool. He's looking for a few more teams to sign up, so if anyone out there has got a team and is brave enough to take on some of 4k+ gaf, here's the sign-up website: http://battlefy.com/travdood/travdoods-2014-dota-2-spring-open/5306b228ca4cc60f1282b36d/teams.

I'm lookin at you team trasher and guidos ;).

Team Th[A]cker's time to shine.

#freethacker

Ketch

I got que'd into low priority and HO. LEE. SHIT.

It was like full on turrets before everyone even finished loading in. Seriously, thacker central. It was really kind of surreal... You would think that they'd want to get out of low pri but it didn't even slow them down a little.

I mean I know those people are out there and every once and awhile you run into one in a game, but not like that.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Shit, time to get some serious practice..

lsKh2VC.gif

Legit won't even be that hard to beat us. Honestly this is how I feel everytime I play with milkman or depressedcarbine—have to keep the former from relentlessly feeding buttrider noblewingz and the latter from going over the edge:

ibmqVdJUnoECXW.gif

Karakand

I got que'd into low priority and HO. LEE. SHIT.

It was like full on turrets before everyone even finished loading in. Seriously, thacker central. It was really kind of surreal... You would think that they'd want to get out of low pri but it didn't even slow them down a little.

I mean I know those people are out there and every once and awhile you run into one in a game, but not like that.

Low pri is like Saturday detention, you know people is in there for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom