• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

Legit won't even be that hard to beat us. Honestly this is how I feel everytime I play with milkman or depressedcarbine—have to keep him the former from relentlessly feeding buttrider noblewingz and the latter from going over the edge:

ibmqVdJUnoECXW.gif

tumblr_mxojbyv9um1t0bhcto1_500.gif

Perhaps...

bonus: depressedcarbine after trav's inhouse:

Y7LKEjH.gif

Zeknurn

I got que'd into low priority and HO. LEE. SHIT.

It was like full on turrets before everyone even finished loading in. Seriously, thacker central. It was really kind of surreal... You would think that they'd want to get out of low pri but it didn't even slow them down a little.

I mean I know those people are out there and every once and awhile you run into one in a game, but not like that.

Really? I got into my first LPQ game some weeks ago (my idiot friend queued the wrong mode when we were going to do Year Beast) and it was just like a normal game. If anything it was better because everyone spoke English and everyone were communicating. It turned out to be a great game.

Has Valve explained how Free to Play is going to be released on Steam? The only times I've ever downloaded media on Steam was the very first Counterstrike Source trailer and Meet the Scout and those were both .bik's.

Free to Play better not be a bik.

shira

Has Valve explained how Free to Play is going to be released on Steam? The only times I've ever downloaded media on Steam was the very first Counterstrike Source trailer and Meet the Scout and those were both .bik's.

Free to Play better not be a bik.
iirc the last steam movie was indie game the movie/fez documentary and that was 1080p .mp4 format

Acinixys

Did dotabuff have a feature showing the current most popular skill build for a hero or am I imagining that? Also, it's normal to not take macropyre at 6, right?

On Jakiro I like a 2 - 1 - 4 - 1 build. with ult at lvl 8

The lane harass that liquid fire gives is just to good. Plus icepath only gives like 1 extra sec of stun at lvl 4, so I leave it at lvl one for quite a few lvls

Can't fix the tournament admin stuff for Sina Cup 3 so the Team DK vs Vici Gaming Best of Five Grand Finals will be available for free on Dota TV.

Kicks off in ~30 mins.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, now at 7AM my connection to US West is fine. I'm hoping that the server that was adding 60ms to my ping resolved their issues, and this isn't going to be an issue during peak hours.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why is the mask unnecessary? I thought that and vlad stacked?
Vlads and MoM do stack (Valds give a Melee Life Steal Aura, while MoM gives a Life Steal on Hit Attack Modifier), but normally there are better uses of money then to stack life steal. At the very least, Vlads does give Doom the armor he desperately needs, so its not the worst.

What does 'deny a friendly unit' mean? So are the different classes (support, carry, etc.) 'hard' roles or just suggestions? I never pay attention to them atm, and basically play each different character in the same way. Is this completely wrong?

Denying is killing a friendly creep to reduce the amount of XP the enemy gets. When a friendly creep fall below 50% HP, you are allowed to start attacking it. If a person on your team kills it instead of an enemy unit, the enemy heroes gain less XP. Normally, you want to simply "last hit" your own creep to deny, but you can auto attack it to make it die sooner too, so the creep wave ends up closer to your tower.

The different classes are mostly a suggestion, but a lot of them are pretty accurate. Characters marked as support tend to still be able to do most of their damage without much money or even levels. Characters marked as carry tend to have abilities that scale with auto attack damage, and can make better use of money then most supports.

For example, a person like Faceless Void gets more out of items that grant attack speed due to his 25% bash chance then someone like Lich, who doesn't have any ability that benefits from additional attack speed or damage. Spectre gets more out of a large HP pool then Lich due to dispersion being a flat 22% damage reduction. Phantom Assassin get more out of attack damage then Lich due to her 4.5x times crit. Someone like Lich will benefit from items that give him sustain, mobility, or a larger mana pool, but doesn't need that much money to be effective, due to his spells dealing the bulk of his damage.

I'm curious to know what most people's MMR is. On Reddit it seems a lot of people are at 2500, but I thought 3000 was average? I'm sat at about 3300, but have only played 11 games I think. I don't really have the urge to keep going.

Übermatik;103592030 said:
I'm curious to know what most people's MMR is. On Reddit it seems a lot of people are at 2500, but I thought 3000 was average? I'm sat at about 3300, but have only played 11 games I think. I don't really have the urge to keep going.

Just a tad below 3800. But we have a few +4k here.

Übermatik;103592375 said:
Fair enough. I tend to just play random draft/captain mode/all-pick pubs, almost always with friends. People set themselves 'roads' to 3K, 4K etc., which I don't really get.

I'd like to try to get 4k, but that isn't stopping me from having fun in unranked or with friends. I also am not going to give something about me party rating.

I would also like to participate in inhouses, but European times make that hard.

I am around 4200 and 4300 most of the time. My best was 433x and my worst 418x in the last few weeks.

I hover around 3100

Pratfall

Played some drunk dota last night. Played witchdoctor (First time playing him) with a spanish speaking 4 stack, game was not going well and I almost just gave up but I realized it was almost entirely due to my feeding. We were down big to a slark and clinks who were both huge but we still had all our T3s and we rallied and staged a huge comeback. Chrono + Death Ward is amazing. Dota is a fun game sometimes.

Acinixys

Played some drunk dota last night. Played witchdoctor (First time playing him) with a spanish speaking 4 stack, game was not going well and I almost just gave up but I realized it was almost entirely due to my feeding. We were down big to a slark and clinks who were both huge but we still had all our T3s and we rallied and staged a huge comeback. Chrono + Death Ward is amazing. Dota is a fun game sometimes.

Try Chrono + Aghs Death Ward. You literally become a machine gun of death who gets 3 second rampages

Jex

Try Chrono + Aghs Death Ward. You literally become a machine gun of death who gets 3 second rampages

I've run that combo a couple of times. It's pretty damn cheesy, and the Witch Doctor ends up with all the farm, but we won both games pretty handily!

Quesa

Ok so would a support hero with a passive true sight ult be too good? Like the first level would only give the ability to see through trees (a la Aghs NS), the second would give you true sight in a small area, and the third would expand the area. You wouldn't be able to see wards cuz that'd be too good I think, but as a support player I hate the fact that all the people with true sight skills are cores/carries.

Acinixys

Ahh yis. Dat global strat.

Now we get CK-Wisp.

cheese vs cheese, only the cheesiest will prevail

HCGTNfG.png

I think I'm in love. Now for the inevitable game where I get recked and I start hating the hero.

Any comments on late game items? After my aghs I went drums and manta and in the second game I got my AC in the end. Not a huge fan of the manta though. What else could work?

With Aghs Tiny needs attack speed. You can get a Mask of Madness for the midgame if youre confident, but AC/Mjollnir/Butterfly is pretty standard + a BKB for maxim survivability.

Hayvic

HCGTNfG.png

I think I'm in love. Now for the inevitable game where I get recked and I start hating the hero.

Any comments on late game items? After my aghs I went drums and manta and in the second game I got my AC in the end. Not a huge fan of the manta though. What else could work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom