• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohasus

EZ MMR PICK GUIDE (if you can't play earth spirit):

P8xKi3E.jpg

tip: dont pick visage when there is a bristleback or luna agaisnt you.

Hylian7

I think I just witnessed the biggest throw in the history of Dota. I was Faceless Void, with Ruibick against a Veno and Jugg lane. All lanes were getting their shit kicked in. It looked ugly. Then suddenly the other team's Abaddon started feeding intentionally, fed their courier about 5 times, apparently took items off their courier and put them on the ground, and many other things. No idea what prompted him to do this, he didn't say anything. We won because of that. Felt bad though.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/458284321

Vaporak

Saying bat counters TA is like saying Enigma/Magnus counters everything, and the moment Silencer put last word on someone Omni would repel them. Global was pretty inconsequential in that game aswell.

Meanwhile radiance scrws the blink, Timber, Dazzle and omni screw over LC and they had a really strong early game that no hero ont he team can punish apart from maybe bane and bat after blink.

Batrider is one of the best heroes to lane against TA.

ink4n3

I think I just witnessed the biggest throw in the history of Dota. I was Faceless Void, with Ruibick against a Veno and Jugg lane. All lanes were getting their shit kicked in. It looked ugly. Then suddenly the other team's Abaddon started feeding intentionally, fed their courier about 5 times, apparently took items off their courier and put them on the ground, and many other things. No idea what prompted him to do this, he didn't say anything. We won because of that. Felt bad though.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/458284321

I was the
shitty
puck. Not sure why abaddon freaked out. We were getting stomped.

kasane

So i was trying to teach my friend the ways of doto.

So the game started i picked CM because i want to support my friend, moments later went 22-4 with her. I feel bad for smurfing ( kinda _

thats not a hero, neither is dust before you say it.

you already named some of them.

Generally speaking: disablers, gap closers, trackers.

Nothing "counters" Mirana like map awareness and wards, however. I'd recommend those before trying to "counterpick". That rarely goes well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is the network down? I can't even connect to steam lol

Looks like Steam is indeed down, or at least the parts the service us.

Edit: Odd, I thought Valve got rid of the "connecting to network" and locking you out of the game thing, and let you at least play offline.

inkls

you already named some of them.

Generally speaking: disablers, gap closers, trackers.

Nothing "counters" Mirana like map awareness and wards, however. I'd recommend those before trying to "counterpick". That rarely goes well.

Gem

Edit: But seriously slark is a good choice

Thanks for the tips, I know coordination is usually the best counter, but at the level I'm playing its not always possible due to either noobiness or language barrier.

US East is ok. I can deal with 130 ping. The 200 ping to US West is rough though :/

Allright, sent an invite name is same as on gaf

Razzer

Thanks for the tips, I know coordination is usually the best counter, but at the level I'm playing its not always possible due to either noobiness or language barrier.

Allright, sent an invite name is same as on gaf

Just in case you didn't know, Slark's passive means that you can tell when they can see you. So if the buff leaves and no creeps can see you then it's likely a mirana ult and you should get outta there pronto. Also purge arrows.

inkls

Just in case you didn't know, Slark's passive means that you can tell when they can see you. So if the buff leaves and no creeps can see you then it's likely a mirana ult and you should get outta there pronto. Also purge arrows.

I knew about the first part, the bolded flew completely over my mind. I hate that arrow with a passion

kasane

So uh what causes someone to try to push top rax even though going straight down mid will win the game as a result?

Well it depends. if you feel like you can take down everything with the mid raxs then do so, but if you dont its better to push top rax then bottom they're gonna have a hard time defending those two.

at least thats what i think

Edit: So you meant that instead of taking t4s you get top rax? Well if in the off chance of them wiping you out its better to take another set of barracks or go for mega

W1SSY

So uh what causes someone to try to push top rax even though going straight down mid will win the game as a result?

I assume the other team is just being dicks and not finishing.

Also stumbled onto Purge casting pubs from a reddit post and really like the SK gg branch build into treads. Gonna have to try that some game.

inkls

I assume the other team is just being dicks and not finishing.

Also stumbled onto Purge casting pubs from a reddit post and really like the SK gg branch build into treads. Gonna have to try that some game.

that and a quelling blade at 5k gold?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The 'if we push these Tier 4s, we will win because most of them are dead' situation.

Sometimes, sure. Sometimes you push Tier 4s and the enemy team respawns and might kill you. In those situations you'd have been better off taking a second set of rax and further securing your eventual win.

Like I said, just depends.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So half used favors weren't converted to battle bonuses?

That's pretty lame

Yes there were, I'm seeing in my armory that I have 253 minutes of Battle Bonus left.

Also, Dota 2 is bigger than Monday Night Football. Wes, make "Bigger than Monday Night Football" the new subtitile plz.

Yes there were, I'm seeing in my armory that I have 253 minutes of Battle Bonus left.

Also, Dota 2 is bigger than Monday Night Football. Wes, make "Bigger than Monday Night Football" the new subtitile plz.
Does John Madden still commentate? We need him on Dota.

Artanisix

So half used favors weren't converted to battle bonuses?

That's pretty lame

Okay ballad are you fucking serious, do you ever have anything good to say about Dota 2 because every single one of your posts is a complaint and it's starting to bug me when I read it in my bed on my phone in the mornings

Yes, but see, I already had a battle bonus applied. Since they don't stack, mine just faded into thin air and I am out 99cents

Okay ballad are you fucking serious, do you ever have anything good to say about Dota 2 because every single one of your posts is a complaint and it's starting to bug me when I read it in my bed on my phone in the mornings

When you spend 500 dollars on a game over a year and a half, you feel the right to complain :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom