• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Guys guys, I got my solo Number. Its 3810. Thats actually a bit higher then I expected.

"You must have 3K in MM what a scrub."

Someone said that to me in a Frostivus game I wasn't taking seriously (but still carried everyone). Guess it's a new way for epeen strokers to "insult" others in this game. It's funny because I haven't played actual matchmaking in months so saying that has no effect on me.

Either way screw him I got my mythical horse.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Earth Spirit is so hard, it's like having asian parents in a hero.
If you can't 1v4 defend a T1 tower then you did bad.
If your KDA isn't 5 then just stop playing him.
You have to win 4 matches for every loss.

It's not easy guys. I had 4.5 KDA my last game, I lost the one before that.

GorillaJu

You mean the stuff created to commemorate Chinese New Year shows Oriental influences? That seems like a very odd complaint.

Edit: Also I think some of the contributors might have forgotten to tag their work as Spring2014.

Oh is that what's going on? I thought it was just weaboos.

Hylian7

Earth Spirit is so hard, it's like having asian parents in a hero.
If you can't 1v4 defend a T1 tower then you did bad.
If your KDA isn't 5 then just stop playing him.
You have to win 4 matches for every loss.

It's not easy guys. I had 4.5 KDA my last game, I lost the one before that.

Only 4.5? Sub 1k MMR, gg son.

Sibylus

Banned
Just spent 3,600 gold on Gems as Dark Seer.

pstew3.gif

Just played my first game with Viper. I did ok but these guys speaking Spanish on my team kept saying KS, which I guess is kill steal? But I really wasn't trying to steal their kills. I just kept trying to stay alive and get as much kills as I can get since I was a carry.

Match id: 458567632

Not sure if anyone more experienced can look at the match or something for me and tell me what I was doing wrong (at least during the first 20 minutes or so I guess).

IceMarker

I actually got my Twitch stream working tonight, the downside is that my upload speed is crap so the quality suffers, but it's watchable at least. I stream Monday nights and DOTA 2 is on my list of games to stream at one point, barring my bandwidth.

ViviOggi

Just played my first game with Viper. I did ok but these guys speaking Spanish on my team kept saying KS, which I guess is kill steal? But I really wasn't trying to steal their kills. I just kept trying to stay alive and get as much kills as I can get since I was a carry.

Match id: 458567632

Not sure if anyone more experienced can look at the match or something for me and tell me what I was doing wrong (at least during the first 20 minutes or so I guess).

Vanguard on Viper is terrible, when is Valve going to fix the recommendations so they don't misguide new players anymore. If you feel you need to tank up get a Mek instead (and probably tell your team before they buy another one).

And yeah, just ignore those guys crying about supposed KSing, it's a non-issue as long as you aren't doing it deliberately as a hard support (*cough* WD with levelled Dagon), and even then it rarely makes a difference in low-level pubs. Once you get out of the trench the KS complaining will basically stop.

Vanguard on Viper is terrible, when is Valve going to fix the recommendations so they don't misguide new players anymore. If you feel you need to tank up get a Mek instead (and probably tell your team before they buy another one).

And yeah, just ignore those guys crying about supposed KSing, it's a non-issue as long as you aren't doing it deliberately as a hard support (*cough* WD with levelled Dagon), and even then it rarely makes a difference in low-level pubs. Once you get out of the trench the KS complaining will basically stop.

Yeah, I just got Vanguard near the end when I just had extra gold. Didn't know it was terrible on Viper though.

M.D

Why am I 2700 solo que
I'M NOT THAT BAD

Seriously playing all those solo que games when I just started playing and losing most of them having no idea what I was doing will hurt me for life :(

M.D

Isn't the ranking based on the 10 games after the system started?

Well looking at that I won 8 and lost 2, but I think someone here said its basically your MMR before the ranked system started + your 10 first games that gives you that initial score

I used to play a lot of solo que when I started and lost a ton of games, and also used to play almost every day with a friend and we would get nothing but teams full of Russians 9 out of 10 times

At one point I was at 46% winrate and I'm at 48.27% so I'm slowly climbing back, but I just want better team mates when I solo que :(

Sometimes you get a nice team, but yesterday I had to ask everyone in all my games to carry a tp over and over again, and some of them still didn't

I took a break from ranked mm to try lc for the first time, and everyone in that game was from south america. Coincidence????? I think
so

Hylian7

Really? Do tell. I'm curious.
There isn't much to tell. Any respectful or constructive criticism was either ignored or met with "shut up" or the like. After feeding in his lane he came top for some reason, but not to gank. He just wanted to lane up there. He basically put all the blame on Tiny. You know, typical pub doto.

That brings me to another point. He fed in the offlane somehow against Rubick and AM. I would think that even if he has never played ES, he could roll and drop a rock in front of himself. His 1600 range roll outclasses any Blink.

ViviOggi

Can't have you win anymore after going 23-12 in your solo ranked, no siree

After match calibration for solo queue, my MMR started above 3500.
(I don't think its +- 100, its something else)

So did you check your invisible MMR back when it was still possible or how did you come to this conclusion? +-100 is just an average of course.

Nymerio

There isn't much to tell. Any respectful or constructive criticism was either ignored or met with "shut up" or the like. After feeding in his lane he came top for some reason, but not to gank. He just wanted to lane up there. He basically put all the blame on Tiny. You know, typical pub doto.

That brings me to another point. He fed in the offlane somehow against Rubick and AM. I would think that even if he has never played ES, he could roll and drop a rock in front of himself. His 1600 range roll outclasses any Blink.

I was just about something like this as well :D. I don't even care if people play badly but I wish they would be at least open to suggestions or wouldn't flame the team for everything that goes wrong.

Anyway, what items do you build on KotL if you're stomping and want to have fun? A friend was asking what he should buy and ended up buying a bloodstone and that seemed a bit weird to me.

Razzer

I was just about something like this as well :D. I don't even care if people play badly but I wish they would be at least open to suggestions or wouldn't flame the team for everything that goes wrong.

Anyway, what items do you build on KotL if you're stomping and want to have fun? A friend was asking what he should buy and ended up buying a bloodstone and that seemed a bit weird to me.

Depends. Could go travels Necro 3 deso and be a splitpushing bitch. (I do this). Could go fighter and get Dagon Eth blade. Y'know, typical trolling items.

My experience of Ranked Matchmaking so far is pretty good, to be honest. Had a mediocre Timber game, but captain/draft was good and everyone was friendly.Second was an Invoker game where I went 13 to 4-ish, and managed to hit most of my sunstrikes. Team, again, was very good.

However, I had my first loss last night, and it was because our team carry (an questionably picked Slardar) failed to do his job, and ended up feeding the enemy team. After a promising start and friendly exchanges, he starts flaming everyone and saying everyone on our team is bad. Bah, well can't win 'em all. I played an ok Clockwerk so it should be ok.

Nymerio

Depends. Could go travels Necro 3 deso and be a splitpushing bitch. (I do this). Could go fighter and get Dagon Eth blade. Y'know, typical trolling items.

Wouldn't a Maelstrom be even better for splitpushing? Necro 3 sounds pretty good though. I'll keep Dagon/E-Blade in mind as well.

Razzer

Wouldn't a Maelstrom be even better for splitpushing? Necro 3 sounds pretty good though. I'll keep Dagon/E-Blade in mind as well.

Illuminate takes down waves on it's own pretty much. You just need ways to take down towers quick, hence the deso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom