• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa

you said something i actually agree with for once

Finally come to your senses.

Just don't get the hatred for EE - seems to stem from the fact he likes anime and has confidence in his abilities.

Which at the minute seems warranted, from being ousted from his team, to now captaining a challenger team which has a chance of toppling the top tier teams.

Just seems weird.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Are there different mmrs between queues? Single draft games always seem horrid compared to random draft.

Mohasus

My first ability draft after meepo was added. Somehow no one picked Divided we stand, so I picked it with quill spray. Game was easy, 14min gg.

Kard8p3

http://dotabuff.com/matches/556586589

Get fukked.

Legit thought we had lost this game from around the 10 minute mark.. no one was TPing to save towers or get EZ kills.. so I took my monkey team by the balls and made them do what I said..think it was the biggest factor of why we won TBH, had us contest a rosh and get a team wipe, shit changed from that second.

edit: Also have to give credit to the CM, she destroyed.

Raytow

So I was practicing with Mirana today and... oh my! what a gigantic douchebag, of all the heroes I played she is the most rude by far, and yes I played with Sniper, that one is a jackass but not on Mirana's level.

Hupsel

So I was practicing with Mirana today and... oh my! what a gigantic douchebag, of all the heroes I played she is the most rude by far, and yes I played with Sniper, that one is a jackass but not on Mirana's level.

I love to play Mirana, my favorite hero nowadays. But yes, I hate to play AGAINST a Mirana. She will probably get nerfed though... but even with a nerf she will still be a good character since her spells are so effective. I like that I can help my entire team even if Im doing poorly just using arrows and her ulti.

inkls

I love to play Mirana, my favorite hero nowadays. But yes, I hate to play AGAINST a Mirana. She will probably get nerfed though... but even with a nerf she will still be a good character since her spells are so effective. I like that I can help my entire team even if Im doing poorly just using arrows and her ulti.

I think he's making reference to her lines? She just annoys me due to her ult, but vision wards, sladar, bounty hunter, bloodseeker, gem all counters it.

KingKong

They just need to fix the arrow hitbox. Or hitboxes in general, Im sure the Pudge and Clock hooks have the same issue (I definitely remember hooking people's hitbox despite missing their visual model)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I don't mind Mirana in a vacuum, but she is in every single game lately. If its All Pick then I know I'm going to go against a Mirana. If its any kind of draft with her in the pool I know the enemy team will pick Mirana. And she's so goddamn annoying to play against consistently.

Acinixys

I doubt Mirana will get nerfed

Shes pretty balanced. A very mid game orientated hero who can do well late game with a big item advantage. Same as Ember Spirit

Yeah, her lines, she is annoying as hell both ingame and "personality" wise, everyone is a cur,dog, lowly peasant, she doesn't seem to like her tiger that much either, unlike Luna.

Shes a princess. What do you expect

I like her voice lines though. But she my most played, so maybe im biased

It was not luck but skill!

Raytow

I think he's making reference to her lines? She just annoys me due to her ult, but vision wards, sladar, bounty hunter, bloodseeker, gem all counters it.
Yeah, her lines, she is annoying as hell both ingame and "personality" wise, everyone is a cur,dog, lowly peasant, she doesn't seem to like her tiger? that much either, unlike Luna.

Finally getting a new graphics card set to arrive today after my old school 9500 GT crapped out I've been using some basic integrated card. Been palying Dota 2 on lowest everything for a couple of months now.

It's going to be awesome to use the high textures and actually have animations again!

Dec

Whyyyy Canada, whyyyy.

My computer is in a room without heat and this fucking winter wont go away. Hard to play dota while shaking.

Whyyyy Canada, whyyyy.

My computer is in a room without heat and this fucking winter wont go away. Hard to play dota while shaking.

I know dat feel broski. Michigan is pretty much a frozen wasteland. Top that off with Norovirus and I feel like I'm ready to die.

http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/

Interesting write up on changes since 6.78 about early/mid/lategame win rates. Plz revert agility nerf on huskar icefraud.

Also that LC winrate, LC jungle really is useless, don't try to run it.

Dec

for real, having 2 amd cards keeps my warm room in winter.

I should probably do that. Idle temps are like 20C CPU and 30C GPU.

GPU is usually at 60 at full load and it's a 5870 which runs pretty hot. Temps are like 8 degrees higher at all times in the summer.

This fucker is old though, I don't want to murder it before I can get something new.

inkls

Yeah, her lines, she is annoying as hell both ingame and "personality" wise, everyone is a cur,dog, lowly peasant, she doesn't seem to like her tiger? that much either, unlike Luna.

Yep, annoying on both counts. Surprised anyone here only saw her played often recently. I've been seeing her in most games since January. The fact Singsing plays her alot and performs well with her proably helps too.

Whyyyy Canada, whyyyy.

What temperature is it for you? I usually feel fine until its -20 celsius.

Dec

What temperature is it for you? I usually feel fine until its -20 celsius.

It was really cold this morning but it looks like it's 0 atm. Not so bad the past hour. It also gets worse the longer I'm in here, like I just got back from making coffee and throwing a load of laundry in so it'll take an hour to seep in. Then I will have a warm basket of clothes though, so I might survive.

Maybe I'm also a baby. All I know is I actually shiver and my fingers feel like icicles.

xanavi

I should probably do that. Idle temps are like 20C CPU and 30C GPU.

GPU is usually at 60 at full load and it's a 5870 which runs pretty hot. Temps are like 8 degrees higher at all times in the summer.

This fucker is old though, I don't want to murder it before I can get something new.

Your temps are 20C below mine at idle, is your computer in your garage or something?

Dec

Your temps are 20C below mine at idle, is your computer in your garage or something?

A room in the basement. I purposely put it in here because it was so fucking sweaty upstairs in the summer I seriously barely played games because of it and I thought the basement would be great all year round with the PC working as a heater in the winter. Didn't really work out, got the opposite side of the scale.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
A room in the basement. I purposely put it in here because it was so fucking sweaty upstairs in the summer I seriously barely played games because of it and I thought the basement would be great all year round with the PC working as a heater in the winter. Didn't really work out, got the opposite side of the scale.

Turn your computer so the fans blow on you.

Instant heater.

Oh, just run 3DMark while you are playing Dota.

Have you thought of just moving it between seasons.

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

Razzer

Apparently Weave works on units under Song of the Siren. That seems like a good combo, you could get a lot of ticks up safely.

inkls

It was really cold this morning but it looks like it's 0 atm. Not so bad the past hour. It also gets worse the longer I'm in here, like I just got back from making coffee and throwing a load of laundry in so it'll take an hour to seep in. Then I will have a warm basket of clothes though, so I might survive.

Maybe I'm also a baby. All I know is I actually shiver and my fingers feel like icicles.

Nah, I'm the anomaly in my family, my mother and little brother have a disease that makes it so cold makes their blood leave their extremities so they are sensitive to cold, nothing about being a baby.

Anyway, on topic I'm starting to enter that phase where I can figure out how to build heroes by myself (results may vary) and while I was thinking about Doom I checked out items and I usually go drums, but vlads seems pretty good too because of the early armor, the lifesteal, the bonus % dmg (does it stack with packleader aura +30% dmg?) and the mana regen.

Is it usually a good idea to grab both drums and vlad's? Vlad's to me seems like its a great item for sustain (so you don't have to keep making trips back to base to regen) also good since I usually grab basi as my first item, but drums also give ms and stats so you're tankier. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom