• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Anyway, on topic I'm starting to enter that phase where I can figure out how to build heroes by myself (results may vary) and while I was thinking about Doom I checked out items and I usually go drums, but vlads seems pretty good too because of the early armor, the lifesteal, the bonus % dmg (does it stack with packleader aura +30% dmg?) and the mana regen.

Is it usually a good idea to grab both drums and vlad's? Vlad's to me seems like its a great item for sustain (so you don't have to keep making trips back to base to regen) also good since I usually grab basi as my first item, but drums also give ms and stats so you're tankier. Thoughts?

Anyone?

It depends, vlads doesn't offer as much as a mek or blink in terms of utility, and it's pretty poor for damage. If you want to defend your team from physical damage the mek is better.

Basically valds on doom isn't very good, and is only worth buying on rare occasions.

Zephyx

I don't like building Vlads on Doom as an early item because I feel the cost does not translate that early to your teamfight potential. If you're going support or utility, Mekansm is probably the better choice early on as it remedies your regen and armor problem at the same time. Regarding the mana cost, a Ring of Basillius would help a little but I feel a bottle is better early on particularly If you're jungling since you can bottle-crow or visit the rune spawn area at your leisure.

Vlads wouldn't be a bad choice after mek but I'd rather go shadow blade, shiva's or transition to a semi-carry role and let the real supports get the vlads.

does it stack with packleader aura +30% dmg?
I think it does since Alpha wolf aura stacks with VS Aura. I'm not sure though.

Is it usually a good idea to grab both drums and vlad's? Vlad's to me seems like its a great item for sustain (so you don't have to keep making trips back to base to regen) also good since I usually grab basi as my first item, but drums also give ms and stats so you're tankier. Thoughts?
Get only one or don't get both. I don't get Drums on Doom since you have Scorched Earth or possibly Phase Boots for the movespeed. I'd get a better midgame utility item such as Mek and let the main carry get the drums. If none will make one, I'd think about it depending on my current item progression and situation.

Low Tier
BofGkCg.png

Zephyx

So what the hell went wrong in this game? It was CM and I was picking. I really felt like we drafted well, but yet this made it seems like push strats are impossible to fight.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/557439301

Their lineup was suited for an early game push strat. Can't watch the replay now but basing on the game duration, they were able to push your towers early and maximize the gold advantage to push more towers in their favor. Your team's Luna also went for Midas instead of a midgame item so I guess the teamfights went horrible with her easily dying from all the damage. It's not a bad draft but I'd rather go for KOTL instead of WD or Lich if I knew they're oriented for an early game push strat.

Honestly, it's easy to miss the lane picker. I mean, people should obviously try to pay attention to it, but there's no obvious sign that a small symbol has been placed on a small portion of the screen that is off in the corner. Plus, there's no way of bringing up the lane picker once you've started playing to sort out lanes with your team mates, since most matches not everyone has picked by the start (getting some sick counter-picks in).

An easy solution would be to edit the MIA lines to only say the lanes whenever you select a lane with the lane picker. There are no jungle is missing though, and not all heroes have MIA lines.

Hylian7

Honestly, it's easy to miss the lane picker. I mean, people should obviously try to pay attention to it, but there's no obvious sign that a small symbol has been placed on a small portion of the screen that is off in the corner. Plus, there's no way of bringing up the lane picker once you've started playing to sort out lanes with your team mates, since most matches not everyone has picked by the start (getting some sick counter-picks in).

Which was why I didn't instalock what I wanted (Pudge) because I didn't want to get counterpicked. Lo and behold though, the SF that just grabbed that and went mid (and put his icon there immediately after he picked it too despite my gray one being there) did it anyway and lost it hard.

Their lineup was suited for an early game push strat. Can't watch the replay now but basing on the game duration, they were able to push your towers early and maximize the gold advantage to push more towers in their favor. Your team's Luna also went for Midas instead of a midgame item so I guess the teamfights went horrible with her easily dying from all the damage. It's not a bad draft but I'd rather go for KOTL instead of WD or Lich if I knew they're oriented for an early game push strat.

I fucking hate push strats.

G.ZZZ

WE'RE GONNA KRET YOU ALL YOU FUCKINN TRASHES NOOBSSSSSSSSS
GOOOOOOOOOOO

Need standin for me on friday i have a party at my house all girls except me GG NERDS

UEUHEUHEUHPEWHéEEPHEHEUHE

So what the hell went wrong in this game? It was CM and I was picking. I really felt like we drafted well, but yet this made it seems like push strats are impossible to fight.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/557439301

Looking at just the scoreboard;

They went for a very good push strat. NP and DP on the same team is greedy, but also very dirty. The two of them did 10k tower damage which is kind of a crapload. You seem to have lost mid to I assume DP, which is somewhat understandable but also not since you can avoid her Carrion Swarm with relative ease, plus you have very few denies which means you made no effort to stop her non-CS creep kills from happening.

Outside of those 2 major factors you have a rather flimsy team--Puck has survivability but Luna is really weak until she gets BKB, Lich is alright, WD is basically a free kill with legs, and Lina seems to be your MVP for not dying more. Luna went Midas which is stupid 100% of the time, especially against that lineup. Speaking of lineups, you wasted a ban on BH when you had no invis heroes to worry about, and they clearly were going for push, not ganks (Furion is mostly a pushing hero, and Death Prophet is exclusively a pushing hero). Also, you wasted a first round ban on Pugna, he is really easy to deal with, should have used it on someone who controls the pace of the game like Furion or DP, or even on a big carry like the Gyro you banned out second round. I'm also just realizing you probably sent Lich offlane which is okay, but you would have been better served with something like a WR, BH, Mirana, Clockwerk, or even something like a QoP.

I would say the picks were the major factor. You played a weak hero in the Offlane, and were basically going for a 4p1 with that Luna who went Midas ineffectively.

Hylian7

Looking at just the scoreboard;

They went for a very good push strat. NP and DP on the same team is greedy, but also very dirty. The two of them did 10k tower damage which is kind of a crapload. You seem to have lost mid to I assume DP, which is somewhat understandable but also not since you can avoid her Carrion Swarm with relative ease, plus you have very few denies which means you made no effort to stop her non-CS creep kills from happening.

Outside of those 2 major factors you have a rather flimsy team--Puck has survivability but Luna is really weak until she gets BKB, Lich is alright, WD is basically a free kill with legs, and Lina seems to be your MVP for not dying more. Luna went Midas which is stupid 100% of the time, especially against that lineup. Speaking of lineups, you wasted a ban on BH when you had no invis heroes to worry about, and they clearly were going for push, not ganks (Furion is mostly a pushing hero, and Death Prophet is exclusively a pushing hero). Also, you wasted a first round ban on Pugna, he is really easy to deal with, should have used it on someone who controls the pace of the game like Furion or DP, or even on a big carry like the Gyro you banned out second round. I'm also just realizing you probably sent Lich offlane which is okay, but you would have been better served with something like a WR, BH, Mirana, Clockwerk, or even something like a QoP.

I would say the picks were the major factor. You played a weak hero in the Offlane, and were basically going for a 4p1 with that Luna who went Midas ineffectively.

I got FB on her solo and she started with a Null Talisman and I'm just Puck. I can't do much to stop her from farming.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ugh, All Random is awesome until you get pit against a team with Death Prophet, Broodmother, and Lone Druid. Plus a Treant, so of course none of their towers are ever going to fall

Hylian7

but r they peruvian????

Sometimes you just gotta eat it and get wards. Take this game for example: http://dotabuff.com/matches/557466376

Timber's got no business buying wards, but enigma got midas and said no so I bought wards n dust n shit. We really only won cuz we won a teamfight toward the end. Sucks that people can't support, but it's not optional.

Neither of those are the problem. It's that I'm Anti-Mage and AA keeps leaving me alone with Bristleback. When that happens, guess who can't farm...

Hylian7

Well, I should complain about teammates mid-game on here more often. I've noticed almost every time I've done that, we've came back and won.

Chris R

So I'm just now watching last weeks Community... The MeowMeowBeenz stuff needs to be changed to MMR, those damn 5ks judging us 2k and 3kers.

Lotto

I just came back from a grand opening of this Japanese store (Daiso if you're wondering) and they were playing Basshunter - DotA.

I didn't know what to do.

inkls

It depends, vlads doesn't offer as much as a mek or blink in terms of utility, and it's pretty poor for damage. If you want to defend your team from physical damage the mek is better.

Basically valds on doom isn't very good, and is only worth buying on rare occasions.

I don't like building Vlads on Doom as an early item because I feel the cost does not translate that early to your teamfight potential. If you're going support or utility, Mekansm is probably the better choice early on as it remedies your regen and armor problem at the same time. Regarding the mana cost, a Ring of Basillius would help a little but I feel a bottle is better early on particularly If you're jungling since you can bottle-crow or visit the rune spawn area at your leisure.

Vlads wouldn't be a bad choice after mek but I'd rather go shadow blade, shiva's or transition to a semi-carry role and let the real supports get the vlads.

I think it does since Alpha wolf aura stacks with VS Aura. I'm not sure though.

Get only one or don't get both. I don't get Drums on Doom since you have Scorched Earth or possibly Phase Boots for the movespeed. I'd get a better midgame utility item such as Mek and let the main carry get the drums. If none will make one, I'd think about it depending on my current item progression and situation.

Thanks for the input, after trying it out, I'm preferring Drums, can't keep up as much with vlad's.

Also, Valve should make it so that you can't unpause more than once or twice per person. Had a game with Granadier where he had to reboot his laptop due to lag and their rikki kept unpausing and saying things like "He left to go to bed". Heck he unpaused even when his team paused, not sure if Granadier got an abandon though, if you're reading this could you check?

Match: www.dotabuff.com/matches/557497768 (I got really cocky, tower dove 2 towers straight twice and died while farming ancients :/ )

Good thing though is that we wrecked them and rikki rage quitted while still being positive.

Acinixys

Guess what

The 3 feeders were internationals playing on the South African server with over 300 ping. They were also pretty terrible players. Storm fed 1st blood to Zeus at lvl 2

Thacker was right #freeThacker

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
thacker was our one true savior from the peruvians and we banished him

thacker = jebus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom