• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

May as well try to do replay takeover if it still works (not sure if that works anymore) and see if bots/wards woulda won the game to drive the point home.

lol I thought that too just didn't wanna point it out

You have to have 10 people to do it. Otherwise it just doesn't put in the people you don't have players for.

Also I wasn't thinking about the math when I did that calculation. Was a derp moment.

FACE

Banned
May as well try to do replay takeover if it still works (not sure if that works anymore) and see if bots/wards woulda won the game to drive the point home.

I'm pretty sure the wards would've won the game, they only had earth spirit defending and SS could've bought back and bot'd at the same time as hyllian did.

Worst part is that he wasn't even able to trap dudes in the wards, what a fucking dunce.

Edit: Okay, not worst, but if you're going to do something that stupid at least try to do it right.

Kalnos

Banned
Maybe the guy just isn't very good, I would probably throw the game if I knew how big of a cunt you were going to be about me fucking up

FACE

Banned
Maybe the guy just isn't very good, I would probably throw the game if I knew how big of a cunt you were going to be about me fucking up

I can understand his frustration, something similar happened to me once(Alch instead of SS) and I got really fucking mad at the dude. Sometimes this game just brings the worst out of you.

Hylian7

I'm sorry but that's common sense that you can just go win the game instead of not winning the game. Missing your stun, not ward trapping someone, fine, that shit happens, but that is absolutely huge. I said almost nothing negative to him the entire game until then, and even then I don't think he saw what I said because he DC'd if I'm not mistaken as soon as the ancient dropped.

Karakand

Guess what

The 3 feeders were internationals playing on the South African server with over 300 ping. They were also pretty terrible players. Storm fed 1st blood to Zeus at lvl 2

Thacker was right #freeThacker

thacker could at least read a map

e: or are we growing this from south americans playing on the north american servers to anyone playing on anyone else's server

e2: assuming e situation given your location

Ketch

that video was hard to watch... you should adjust the levels on your microphone.

I'm not trying to troll, I swear. I just don't get why mmr is so important. It's not worth getting that upset over, when you hit 4k (it's bound to happen if you play long enough) there's gonna be just as many shitty feeders there too.... and it's not like having a higher mmr is going to win you anything.... and it's not like your gonna be getting sponsors or going pro (no offense). So what's the point?

I would imagine it's because you want to get better at the game, and mmr is a nice way to see that happening. But loosing matches because your teammates are crap (or winning because they done good) doesn't make any difference in your skill level. The only thing MMR is doing is causing you grief.

Whether you win or loose, the more you play the better you'll get... but if your pissed at the game so much it's just gonna make you want to quit and then your mmr really wont matter.

that video was hard to watch... you should adjust the levels on your microphone.

I'm not trying to troll, I swear. I just don't get why mmr is so important. It's not worth getting that upset over, when you hit 4k (it's bound to happen if you play long enough) there's gonna be just as many shitty feeders there too.... and it's not like having a higher mmr is going to win you anything.... and it's not like your gonna be getting sponsors or going pro (no offense). So what's the point?

I would imagine it's because you want to get better at the game, and mmr is a nice way to see that happening. But loosing matches because your teammates are crap (or winning because they done good) doesn't make any difference in your skill level. The only thing MMR is doing is causing you grief.

Whether you win or loose, the more you play the better you'll get... but if your pissed at the game so much it's just gonna make you want to quit and then your mmr really wont matter.

I agree with you. MMR will only cause stress if you let it be the main motivation for playing this game. I myself has only participated in 1 ranked match so I dont know my MMR but I'm guessing I'm around 2500 :p

Boken

Banned
i still dont get it

youre angry because your teammate didnt want to go for the base race with you? the fact that you have to engage in base race means somebody fucked up beforehand. I dont get why youre so angry at SS.

You wouldnt have lost the game if you had defended instead - since you already had 3 lanes of megas. you just had to repel them and then just push later.

youre just being a huge asshole who cant see your own mistakes. did you see how much damage their ancients took when you went for it? the base race was DUMB. it was the WRONG CALL because you already had a guaranteed win in megas and yet you BoT'ed to do shit all damage to their ancient. whats the point? even if you would have won if SS BoT'd as well, defending and pushing later is just a safer choice.

lol "that shadow shaman threw the game for us" - dude you were asking for a base race against ursa and huskar. "biggest throw in the history of throws" no, that game was already lost before that.

basically you were trying to do an xpeke but then you do like 30 damage per auto.

FACE

Banned
"dude you were asking for a base race against ursa and huskar. no, that game was lost before that."

Unless they had a glyph I'm fairly sure Shadow Shaman's wards would've melted their ancient.

Boken

Banned
my point is if youre winning so hard, then why are you base racing

also, what is the point of pudge going to the enemy ancient when he does like 30 damage per auto. he shouldve defended, SS shouldve went. either that or both defend. it was pointless for pudge to be the first to TP

Hylian7

I'm quite aware that everyone (including myself) on our team fucked up beforehand. I BoT'sd in because I knew we had no hope of successfully defending our base, and would be better off attempting a base race. There was no way were taking a teamfight against that team. When I went in, I figured SS would buyback and follow. It was the only logical thing to do. Why he didn't do that, I have no idea. However I think everyone can agree that regardless what happened before, we could have won the game right there, and did not because of that Shadow Shaman

Mohasus

my point is if youre winning so hard, then why are you base racing

also, what is the point of pudge going to the enemy ancient when he does like 30 damage per auto. he shouldve defended, SS shouldve went. either that or both defend. it was pointless for pudge to be the first to TP

Exactly what I thought while watching it.

Rhasta wards do Piercing damage which do 35% damage against structures. Additionally, the ancient itself has 15 armor, which provides ~47.4% damage reduction, and 4k HP.

I don't have a calculator on hand, but it would have taken faaaaar longer than 3s to kill the ancient.

Hylian7

Rhasta wards do Piercing damage which do 35% damage against structures. Additionally, the ancient itself has 15 armor, which provides ~47.4% damage reduction, and 4k HP.

I don't have a calculator on hand, but it would have taken faaaaar longer than 3s to kill the ancient.

Fair enough, but it would still have been faster than the other team.

Boken

Banned
same logic applies
you couldve won the game (before), but didn't because of X. I dont know why you'd blame the loss solely SS. I mean it makes sense psychologically because this is the direct cause of loss, and what he had to do was so simple - but i'm pretty sure you should blame whoever got you in this situation.

this is not the "greatest throw in history", its merely a sad missed opportunity.

also given those numbers, ursa and huskar probably wouldve out damaged SS wards

Kalnos

Banned
Additionally I'm guessing your team would have never been in that situation without SS wards + prophet, considering the scores.

ElyrionX

Sorry hylian but they're right, it was the wrong decision to base race when your team had three mega lanes and they only had one. You should have defended and let the mega creeps take theit ancients. SS did the right thing to defend, IMO.

Edit: also there is absolutely no way in hell that you would have won that base race with just SS and Pudge.

Hylian7

Additionally I'm guessing your team would have never been in that situation without SS wards + prophet, considering the scores.

Pretty much. This was team beef and rat/push doto was the only thing keeping us in it to begin with. We didn't exactly have the teamfight to fight that team 5v5.

I also don't think a lot of people realize that if we tried to defend, we would have been teamwiped immediately and lost the game right there.

Edit: I wish there was more in the replay takeover mode. Maybe setting up AI scripts for players that you don't have players for or stuff like that. I would love to test out some of these "What ifs" but can't without 10 people.

Boken

Banned
Pretty much. This was team beef and rat/push doto was the only thing keeping us in it to begin with. We didn't exactly have the teamfight to fight that team 5v5.

I also don't think a lot of people realize that if we tried to defend, we would have been teamwiped immediately and lost the game right there.

Edit: I wish there was more in the replay takeover mode. Maybe setting up AI scripts for players that you don't have players for or stuff like that. I would love to test out some of these "What ifs" but can't without 10 people.

if you cant defend, and base racing is a 50/50 at best - you've already lost.

so relax and stop yelling at SS

I'm skeptical about that, but I'd suggest creating a lobby to test it. In a best case scenario (Rhasta TPs in the same time as you, doesn't get silenced by ES, no wards get killed, the enemy glyph doesn't come up in the next 10 seconds) you have around a 5 second head start on the enemy team. If Agh Rhasta wards can kill the ancient in ~15 seconds, then you could have possibly won.

Trasher

Yeah I don't get why Hylian TP'd in by himself as a Pudge. Maybe if he was a farmed Luna or something that could actually do some substantial damage to an ancient it would have made some sense. But he was Pudge and it was a poor decision to TP in alone without first coordinating with maybe his SS or NP to go in together for the base race. Never assume anything about your teammates following your lead. Maybe you said something in game and they ignored you, but lack of coordination definitely lost the game it seems. It would have still been pretty close even if SS went with you with the ES back there to disrupt things.

Hylian7

Unfortunately I can't simulate all factors of this with replay takeover, but I'm going to try this.

1. Enter Replay Takeover when Shadow Shaman buys back
2. Takeover Shadow Shaman
3. BoTs into radiant base.
4. Drop wards and right click.
5. Time how long it takes.

If anyone has other ideas, throw them out there.

Kalnos

Banned
Yeah I don't get why Hylian TP'd in by himself as a Pudge. Maybe if he was a farmed Luna or something that could actually do some substantial damage to an ancient it would have made some sense. But he was Pudge and it was a poor decision to TP in alone without first coordinating with maybe his SS or NP to go in together for the base race. Never assume anything about your teammates following your lead. Maybe you said something in game and they ignored you, but lack of coordination definitely lost the game it seems. It would have still been pretty close even if SS went with you with the ES back there to disrupt things.

He did tell SS to 'bots in' but then again there's no guarantee he knew what that meant.

Hylian7

CFVNSvv.jpg

Assuming things would have gone at the same speed, then SS wards would have finished the game 4 second sooner than it actually ended.

Notice that in that video, everyone ignored the wards and they did fuck all to the heroes.

Boken

Banned
Assuming things would have gone at the same speed, then SS wards would have finished the game 4 second sooner than it actually ended.

Notice that in that video, everyone ignored the wards and they did fuck all to the heroes.

this is wrong

when you takeover, ES cant pull the megas anymore and they just shit on the ancient. You would've lost.

Aaron

Earth Spirit would have murdered those wards pretty quick. You wouldn't have gotten enough damage from them. And that's if he wasn't silenced and then killed by the ES instead. Shadow Shaman and Pudge can't base race. It isn't going to work without someone who can tower murder, like an NP with a Deso.

Nirvana

Earth Spirit would have murdered those wards pretty quick. You wouldn't have gotten enough damage from them. And that's if he wasn't silenced and then killed by the ES instead. Shadow Shaman and Pudge can't base race. It isn't going to work without someone who can tower murder, like an NP with a Deso.

Shadow Shaman can definitely base race, but whether or not in this circumstance it was the right call is a different story. I think I agree that staying to defend might have been better, but when you're in the game you get the feeling of whether you can stand and fight 5v5 or not and if he's saying they couldn't, then maybe a base race would have been better.

Either way, it's 1 loss out of a thousand more to come, that's fucking dota.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lycan is damn good at pushing down towers, I still have no clue how to do the early game jungle well though, after I go though the second set of wolves I am normally in the spot where I debate killing my self or walking back to fountain.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Another successful pub duo with Iron Badger. We're now 2-0! Look out world!

Aaron

Shadow Shaman can definitely base race, but whether or not in this circumstance it was the right call is a different story. I think I agree that staying to defend might have been better, but when you're in the game you get the feeling of whether you can stand and fight 5v5 or not and if he's saying they couldn't, then maybe a base race would have been better.

Either way, it's 1 loss out of a thousand more to come, that's fucking dota.
He can help, but he can't solo it the way a Nature's Prophet can. He needs backup, and Pudge doesn't have enough right click to be enough of a backup, especially against an Earth Spirit.

Personally though, I don't care about win/loss. Only how well I play in each game. I've lost games that have been great fun because my hero was doing work. Though it's also a great feeling when you win a game with two disconnects on your side despite having already lost all of your towers. That Disruptor. He's like one giant middle finger to the opposing team.

PS - I'd really like an alternate voice for Enchantress. The constant 'sproink!' nearly drove me insane.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Lycan is damn good at pushing down towers, I still have no clue how to do the early game jungle well though, after I go though the second set of wolves I am normally in the spot where I debate killing my self or walking back to fountain.

I've recently found success with killing myself after getting basi + ring of regen. Quick respawn, full hp, full mana, and you don't lose any gold if you time it right. Let's you get a 6-7.5 min vlads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom