• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only hope Invoker gets left alone.

Wex movement speed needs to be decreased or removed. Force invoker to use ghost walk and make actual spell choices early game, right now its way too easy to play 3 spell invoker and never die but still win team fights. Alternatively change it to regen mana, gives a side buff to exort invoker who struggles with mana regen early game.

Pratfall

My biggest issue with Mirana is she has little to no gaps in her skill set. She has a nuke, she has a long range stun/nuke (situational but you don't have to hit all of them to win a team fight and you basically just need one hero to help set it up), she has an escape/chase and she has a great initiation/escape ultimate. She can also support, semi-carry, offlane, hard carry. Why not pick her every game? She just isn't very interesting and I think way too versatile.

shira

My biggest issue with Mirana is she has little to no gaps in her skill set. She has a nuke, she has a long range stun/nuke (situational but you don't have to hit all of them to win a team fight and you basically just need one hero to help set it up), she has an escape/chase and she has a great initiation/escape ultimate. She can also support, semi-carry, offlane, hard carry. Why not pick her every game? She just isn't very interesting and I think way too versatile.
She's bizzaro pudge

Acinixys

He's gonna get nerfed for sure though.

Mirana is a beautiful flower of balance vs the retarded OP hell hole that is EMP invoker

My biggest issue is that EVERY SINGLE ONE of Invokers spells has 0 cast time, so theyre impossible to dodge unless its a 1.2k range tornado that you can see coming

I'd rather have OP cold snap/forge spirits than the baby mode that is EMP + Tornado

Mirana is a beautiful flower of balance vs the retarded OP hell hole that is EMP invoker

My biggest issue is that EVERY SINGLE ONE of Invokers spells has 0 cast time, so theyre impossible to dodge unless its a 1.2k range tornado that you can see coming

I'd rather have OP cold snap/forge spirits than the baby mode that is EMP + Tornado

I have to admit...it's way more entertaining watching QE invoker play rather than QW..

shira

She becomes Pudge after she gets stuck in the trees and is forced to eat her mount.
bizzaro means opposite

male - female
hook - arrow
ult kill - ult runaway
melee - ranged
dendi - sing
mid - anywhere
fat - thin
forcestaff - leap

bkb

bizzaro means opposite

male - female
hook - arrow
ult kill - ult runaway
melee - ranged
dendi - sing
mid - anywhere
fat - thin
forcestaff - leap

You could go even further, which is kind of creepy
European Accent - Asian Accent
Grotesque and Ugly - Fan Service
Wears pants - Doesn't wear pants
Yellow Themed - Blue Themed
Uses head as icon - Uses mount as icon
Has to purchase mobility, but not stats - Has to purchase stats, not mobility

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Which is what people are doing. Ultimately I don't mind heroes that feel "unbalanced" too much if they don't show up too often, but at this point the level of consistency with which I'm seeing Mirana is starting to get monotonous.

Vitor711

Ugh, Luna. I love playing as her, but that voice is like Irish Spring on a chalkboard.

WOAH. Slow down there buddy. Her dulcet Scottish tones are like a trickle of syrup down my ear-holes.

It's like I'm playing through Brave and Merida is my ever present best friend. DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also the compendium for dream league is atrocious.
I don't even think it needed to be, when I looked at the back end I remember there being actual formatting options, Dreamleauge just used a ton of images. Plus a bug is causing the images to look blurry on a lot of resolutions.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Factual mistakes as well.

Half-arsed player bios.
I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be just jokes, and I found them amusing. Though something normal may have been more useful in the long run, I would like to know a bit more about the players. The jokes I'm likely not going to go back and read a second time.
Smh at the Luna voice hate. Are you fucking kidding me? Her and Enchantress are my ASMR triggers.
People hate accents, especially those that they can't classify to a region.

I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be just jokes, and I found them amusing. Though something normal may have been more useful in the long run, I would like to know a bit more about the players. The jokes I'm likely not going to go back and read a second time.

Ars-art didn't win the first international.

All mistakes are jokes now?

Demoli

I've said this before, but my dark horse for future buffs and nerfs is that Earth spirit is going back to the way he was in 5 patches, Just with changes to his initial stats and stat growth. Centaur was a much bigger nightmare on release than ES ever was imo.

Earth Spirit, but only at high levels of play

Pros were even insta locking him and then repicking so he was out the pool

Earth Spirit was broken, but his winrate was like sub 50% I think?

Centaur had over 60% because he was LITERALLY press R to win. Basically, people saw Centaur in a game and either they left the match or whined all game. The ult even used to take base damage into consideration.

Quesa

Earth Spirit was broken, but his winrate was like sub 50% I think?

Centaur had over 60% because he was LITERALLY press R to win. Basically, people saw Centaur in a game and either they left the match or winned all game. The ult even used to take base damage into consideration.

Weird! I think centaur is fun as hell now... can't imagine what it was like back then.

Hupsel

I can see Luna, Mirana, Invoker, AA getting some nerfs since they are so popular in competitive play now. The problem with Mirana is that her abilities are just plain good, even with buffs/nerfs. Even if youre feeding a lot a good arrow or Ulti can give your team a nice gank and win a teamfight, so youre useful even if you are doing bad or dont have enough gold. Maybe they will only increase the cooldown of her arrow and invisible spell. Oh, shes my fav hero now. A good arrow is just... joel.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom