• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

You didn't live the dota hell. It was so broken that I think they changed the ult in 2-3 days after he made it into dota 2.

I had just started playing when cent made it to dota 2, so I think most of the people I played with/vs didn't follow patch notes and were sticking to accessible heroes.

I can see Luna, Mirana, Invoker, AA getting some nerfs since they are so popular in competitive play now. The problem with Mirana is that her abilities are just plain good, even with buffs/nerfs. Even if youre feeding a lot a good arrow or Ulti can give your team a nice gank and win a teamfight, so youre useful even if you are doing bad or dont have enough gold. Maybe they will only increase the cooldown of her arrow and invisible spell. Oh, shes my fav hero now. A good arrow is just... joel.gif

What? AA is a good hero, but very squishy, high cost spells and the ult is a skillshot with low farming skills and extremely unreliable stun.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You didn't live the dota hell. It was so broken that I think they changed the ult in 2-3 days after he made it into dota 2.

It was like 3 days yeah. And don't forget that the balance patch that changed his ult happened at the same time as he was put in, so he was never tested in Dota 1 with Stampede

It's a joke about Ars-Art and Artstyle being the same person. It's a dated joke anymore, but yeah.

so then the extra part of their joke about him wanting to find a harder difficulty by playing for vp is some elaborate sick merk?

Or general incompetence considering the shoddiness of the compendium as a whole?

mfaex

so then the extra part of their joke about him wanting to find a harder difficulty by playing for vp is some elaborate sick merk?

Or general incompetence considering the shoddiness of the compendium as a whole?

Going from Navi to VP making winning harder is the next part of the joke, yes. As far as defending the compendium, I don't really give a damn. That's not my job. I'm just explaining the reference in case you didn't know it.

Just seems that all mistakes are some sort of joke.

I knew the confusion before, but considering Artstyle hasn't been mentioned for 2 years just seems like people are reaching here.

2GD just come back to quake.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This is a pretty good way to end the night.

3ZOSy3E.png

So I got destroyed by Blink Force Drow Ranger yesterday!

Ketch

Just played a great earth shaker game in single draft. After a super shitty start (we lost all outer towers), we slowly turned the match on the back of my wards and amazing counter initiations on void. Every chrono had a fissure, it was so good. Fuck void.

sitting at 98 wins right now.... is today the day?

Hupsel

What? AA is a good hero, but very squishy, high cost spells and the ult is a skillshot with low farming skills and extremely unreliable stun.

I understand that but AA is being selected/banned first time in a LOT of pro games so they will probably take a look at that.

FACE

Banned
I understand that but AA is being selected/banned first time in a LOT of pro games so they will probably take a look at that.

I guess it's because he's a good hero and sniping people is a lot of fun, but I don't think he has any really OP ability.

Why?

The only thing I really know about C9 is that EternalEnvy is a weeaboo.

I've just never liked his attitude. I think I took a dislike to him during some co-casting he was doing last year. He came off as a sadiddy prick. Critical and mocking of other players' play while sliding in how much better he'd do it/build it/play it, as if he doesn't fuck up on a daily basis.

Hylian7

I never said Mirana needed a nerf, I'm just tired of seeing her get picked every game. I was hoping IceFrog would nerf her to reduce her frequency of being picked, sort of like the Io nerf, where he wasn't really OP, just picked/banned every game.

You can't tell me that some of you have never had those frustrating games where you are an arrow magnet just because it keeps coming from some angle you didn't expect and happen to have your camera in the wrong spot.

manfestival

I've just never liked his attitude. I think I took a dislike to him during some co-casting he was doing last year. He came off as a sadiddy prick. Critical and mocking of other players' play while sliding in how much better he'd do it/build it/play it, as if he doesn't fuck up on a daily basis.
Tell us how you really feel

mfaex

Loda liked this.

Tell us how you really feel

Well he asked. <3

Fnatic getting stomped by VP wow

<3 Drow

I don't see why Luna is in any way OP. She's squishy as hell until mid-game and her ult is super situational. She's an amazing flash farmer and will find farm if you let her but she's highly gankable. Same as PL really. Just don't let her farm, same as any other hard carry - nothing broken about her.

I tend to build basillus, treads, helm, bkb or manta and then satanic every time though so not sure if there's any other broken builds out there (and post farm mkb/butterfly for fun).

none of his listed need nerfs, imo. none of those picks make any heroes less viable nor do they stomp. they just work well when played well. they're not auto-win picks like pre-nerf Phantom Lancer or some such. I bet if we looked at their stats, all of the above probably lose more than they win. I just accept them as flavor of the month picks or picks that do well against current metas.

Vitor711

I can see Luna, Mirana, Invoker, AA getting some nerfs since they are so popular in competitive play now. The problem with Mirana is that her abilities are just plain good, even with buffs/nerfs. Even if youre feeding a lot a good arrow or Ulti can give your team a nice gank and win a teamfight, so youre useful even if you are doing bad or dont have enough gold. Maybe they will only increase the cooldown of her arrow and invisible spell. Oh, shes my fav hero now. A good arrow is just... joel.gif

I don't see why Luna is in any way OP. She's squishy as hell until mid-game and her ult is super situational. She's an amazing flash farmer and will find farm if you let her but she's highly gankable. Same as PL really. Just don't let her farm, same as any other hard carry - nothing broken about her.

I tend to build basillus, treads, helm, bkb or manta and then satanic every time though so not sure if there's any other broken builds out there (and post farm mkb/butterfly for fun).

I like the Clockwerk + Exort Invoker combo.

That grave at the Radiant T1 mid was so good. Turned what was a sure kill on the Invoker into a double kill for their team (with the Invoker surviving).

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I never said Mirana needed a nerf, I'm just tired of seeing her get picked every game. I was hoping IceFrog would nerf her to reduce her frequency of being picked, sort of like the Io nerf, where he wasn't really OP, just picked/banned every game.

You can't tell me that some of you have never had those frustrating games where you are an arrow magnet just because it keeps coming from some angle you didn't expect and happen to have your camera in the wrong spot.

See here's the thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom