• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Daaaaaaaamn.. When did the Dragonclaw hook hit such a high price? The last time I bothered looking it was steep at £65, now it is £100 at least o_O

I'm tempted to trade stuff for one and hope it keeps going up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think es is going to get any major nerfs for another 3 months, to wait and see how the community still feels. I'm pretty sure you could counter him with just decent silences and wells euls, but I never see him in my games.

G.ZZZ

I don't think es is going to get any major nerfs for another 3 months, to wait and see how the community still feels. I'm pretty sure you could counter him with just decent silences and wells euls, but I never see him in my games.

I hate you.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

You're right. He's balanced.
/s

Nymerio

Man, I just checked the items, not really anything for heroes I like to play. Shadow Blade would be nice, but with my luck I'd probably get that ridiculous Invoker collar. CM staff would be kinda cool, but I prefer the Force Staff or Eul's.

I'll just sell them and rage later when my friend opens his and gets both Shadow Blade and Dagon.

Friend just texted me, he got the Shadow Blade. FML.

n0b

So I've been out of the DOTA loop since Diretide...Why is it everyone hates Earth Spirit? What is making him unbalanced exactly?

Because he has really strong spells and no real weakness to balance them out; he's got great stat growth and is effectively item independent, but at the same time doesn't exactly make bad use of gold. The only balancing factor is the skill it takes to use the character and the possibility of messing up things for teammates.

I think his power is a bit overblown though, I think the hero would be fine with a bit less str/int growth.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Because he has really strong spells and no real weakness to balance them out; he's got great stat growth and is effectively item independent, but at the same time doesn't exactly make bad use of gold. The only balancing factor is the skill it takes to use the character and the possibility of messing up things for teammates.

I think his power is a bit overblown though, I think the hero would be fine with a bit less str/int growth.

Not even a little

ViviOggi

i think d2l finals are on right now

LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS

hopefully they got something better than a high school gym court

edit: ah yeah there it is http://www.twitch.tv/d2l

they got the room from agent coopers dreams

hopefully there is backwards talk

Thanks for the reminder

Now ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give GAME ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I think the early game you need to treat him like a pudge (someone said that here earlier and after playing more I agree) except he's more mobile and comes online deadlier and faster. He's guaranteed a kill at lvl 3 unless you're incredibly defensive, but his early to mid can still be severely neutered by good warding and map awareness me thinks. In the mid game though he can still wreck just about any moderate team fight with his ridiculous silence no matter how hard you shut him down earlier. I don't know what you do about that. Make it so the length of the silence is dependent on how close you are to him maybe? That could be fun, better than just nerfing it or making it level dependent.

Edit: Mrs. Incontrol looks way different.

ViviOggi

They actually hired Miss Oregon, D2L going all-out
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Can you use Slardar Ult + Medallion active on a single target? Because -17 armor at lvl 6 is fucking brutal

Yes you can!

combine it with dazzle ult, shadowfiend's and elder titan's passives, or venge's howl and boy do you have a party

super fun with bristle and alch too

KingKong

wow what a weird lineup from Alliance

DK, wisp, treant, viper and tusk

Bulldog viper? I thought they were taking viper vs OD

ksan

I won't lie tho, Ksan is the first person I saw use the Wisp/Treant combo

I actually didn't think of that at all :lol
Completely forgot about that shit after wisp and treant started to get auto-banned/fp:d every game.
But yeah, kinda hard to kill anything on that lane with teether/leech seed/armor

Artanisix

I actually didn't think of that at all :lol
Completely forgot about that shit after wisp and treant started to get auto-banned/fp:d every game.
But yeah, kinda hard to kill anything on that lane with teether/leech seed/armor

Yeah, and the sigil on top of it just makes it damn near impossible to fight back at low levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom