• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I am so fucking done.

ibyrbocxb7N5yV.gif

EDIT: Fuck it, let's do it.

You have a very broad pool of heroes that you play. Try focusing on a few that you've been most successful with and play them more. I keep the pool of heroes I play pretty broad as well, but I have a few go-to heroes that I play whenever I need a pick me up game.

IceMarker

You have a very broad pool of heroes that you play. Try focusing on a few that you've been most successful with and play them more. I keep the pool of heroes I play pretty broad as well, but I have a few go-to heroes that I play whenever I need a pick me up game.

I like to random in a lot of the games I play, Starcraft II, HoN, DOTA 2, etc.

Sanjay

I would like to point out that since January 2012, 2 years of Dota 2 you've played 536 games and your most played heroes barely go over ten's of played games for them champions. It's why you have better players in League as people only play the same champions over and over again.

There's no secret to getting good, sure its hard to be that special type of player but if you put in the work, by actually playing the game more, you will get good.

So the answer to your question is simply you don't train enough, train more.
the-karate-kid-paint-the-fence.jpg

ElyrionX

I really need to stop picking CM and start working on my other cores.

Nymerio

Illuminate takes down waves on it's own pretty much. You just need ways to take down towers quick, hence the deso.

Aaah gotcha. Desolator is one of my fav items anyway. I once went desolator + medallion on dazzle, that was fun. I called it Dazzlator.

Aaah gotcha. Desolator is one of my fav items anyway. I once went desolator + medallion on dazzle, that was fun. I called it Dazzlator.

armor strats are the best strats

i only wish you could stack medallion casts on a single target

it would be the most ridiculous shit ever

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just play cm mode in solo ranked, and have had pretty good luck so far. I do find it amusing how often the captain last picks the hero they will pick

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Damn I just realized I have as many games played in 5 months as IceMarker does in 2 years. I need help.

Quesa

My biggest problem rn is that I'm fucking scared of everything. Too scared to pick heroes I like because I'm afraid I'll shit the bed with them, and I'm afraid of branching out and practicing because I hate the feeling of learning a hero at someone else's expense. And I think farming is super boring so I can't play a lot of high-impact heroes aside from timber, bristle, and earth spirit. I wish there were a queue where your wins/losses weren't recorded so people wouldn't be so bent out of shape when they lost.

My biggest problem rn is that I'm fucking scared of everything. Too scared to pick heroes I like because I'm afraid I'll shit the bed with them, and I'm afraid of branching out and practicing because I hate the feeling of learning a hero at someone else's expense. And I think farming is super boring so I can't play a lot of high-impact heroes aside from timber, bristle, and earth spirit. I wish there were a queue where your wins/losses weren't recorded so people wouldn't be so bent out of shape when they lost.

Play some co-op bot matches (or even solo bot matches- that way you can quit once you've gotten the gist of it) to familiarize yourself with mechanics for heroes you've never played. Once you've done that, you should be able to play in normal matches with that hero no problem.

Wrote this yesterday and didn't get a response...

After being inspired by IceIceIce's Invoker vods, I tried playing Quas Exort Invoker for the first time in a real match last night and boy was it rough. I was just totally taken out of my element from the start. I lost laning phase to Kunkka first (tried to harass him every time he hit me with tidebringer but he was still doing more damage comparatively), which forced me to abandon my attempt to pick up midas. Over thought on the sunstrikes and whiffed on pretty much all of them as well as failed ice walls left and right. More importantly though, I just don't know what spells I should've kept on cycle. I generally had forge spirits in one slot and coldsnap in another early-mid game but because of invoke's high cooldown early on, I found myself in skirmishes where I didn't have access to the proper spell. My only saving grace was that by the end of the game, once I had access to a full compliment of spells, I was able to contribute better in team fights. Anyways, would really appreciate some tips. Here's the match in case you guys are wondering.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/457143579

I played another match last night as invoker and it faired slightly better though I still can't lane worth shit with him. Midas really helps Invoker even if you get it around the 10-15 min mark. I was able to stay slightly ahead in levels despite not doing so hot in lane. Dying 8 times is not acceptable but I guess I'm making some progress.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/458526305

Quesa

Play some co-op bot matches (or even solo bot matches- that way you can quit once you've gotten the gist of it) to familiarize yourself with mechanics for heroes you've never played. Once you've done that, you should be able to play in normal matches with that hero no problem.

I've done that with most heroes, but bots teach you bad habits so I don't like practicing too much with them. For example, I just got around to learning pudge, and I decimated bots, obviously, but I know for a fact that people are actually going to try do dodge hooks when I play in live-fire scenarios. I'd be more willing to take the loss if I wasn't on such a bad streak, too.

M.D

Was he this Magnus?
http://dotabuff.com/matches/458439878

He was so bad, we won but we shouldn't have, we were two racks down, and we did a mega comeback. Throne had like 20% left when we won.

At least you won :(

http://dotabuff.com/matches/459120322

I can't complain too much, I wasn't doing too hot anyway, but I feel like we could've done way more with a BKB on him. He did have some good RP('s?)
I played PA, I don't have much experience on her so I wasn't sure if my item choice was the best. I was going to get a Satanic but then I died and bought back, bought the Basher with the remaining gold.

Is Helbard a thing on PA? Maybe I should've stacked Evasion and get some more HP on the way, and use it on Clinkz cause he was the biggest problem for most of the game.

Also, I made the draft so if it sucks I can't blame anyway :p
I've been taking the Captain role in solo que since yesterday. I figured its better if I take it and be nice to people and listen to them and answer, because I see guys that take Captain and pick whatever they want without answering or considering suggestions or just straight up guys that pick Captain to troll.

I picked Tusk last this game and yesterday cause I was running out of time ;x

I've done that with most heroes, but bots teach you bad habits so I don't like practicing too much with them. For example, I just got around to learning pudge, and I decimated bots, obviously, but I know for a fact that people are actually going to try do dodge hooks when I play in live-fire scenarios. I'd be more willing to take the loss if I wasn't on such a bad streak, too.

Isn't there a web based Pudge trainer for hooks?

inkls

Well the "serpenty" kind if dragon. Sometimes they have wings, but they're usually more a sort of gimp thing than grand majestic ones.

I imagine a contributor would give it wings, but make it work so it looks chinese while still being Dragon Knight

That would like awesome, what about just making it float and make him very long but constantly spinning on himself like in that pic from DBZ

G.ZZZ

the silence is too long

the initiation range it too long

im fine with his amazing escape ability

but those first two

woof

The damage is too much, and also, why the fuck he silence, he already stun and displace people. Plus 3 str gain per level volvo plz.

-5 base damage, 2.3 str gain per level, silence 2 sec at all levels just for ulti applications and he's a strong support but not the rapeman he is actually.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management

I learn new heroes by jumping in to regular matches and muting everyone at the beginning, so it's essentially playing with really well programmed bots.

Demoli

Nerf the range of Grip on allies (half the range or something), make silence only hit the first hero it collides with and nerf his Str gain/armour.

If he still needs nerfs after that , do so, but don't rush and nerf everything that makes the hero good, or he'll end up overnerfed. He is definatly too strong atm, and it's clear he won't reach CM for at least 2-3 patches, so I'm ok with icefrog taking his time to carefully balance hero rather than outright nuke him like he did to Xin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom