• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh yeah, be careful with repeatedly trying to find a match when you have an AFK guy in the group. If you fail to accept 2 matches, you have to wait 35 minutes to queue up.

Hylian7

First time playing Meepo in 6.80, my opinion?

Still the easiest fucking hero to counterpick ever. There's literally no chance of survival with that Lich and Earthshaker in the mix. I don't know how it's humanly possible to split all of your Meepos to different spots quickly enough.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/561254339

manfestival

saw someone complaining about arteezy, claiming hes toxic for the community and etc. I dont understand... everything ive seen about him is just points to a cocky player but nothing out of control as those have lead me to believe

lion's hex is better than the stun at lvl 1. lasts longer, and the stun deals almost no damage
if you buy an orb of venom on ogre magi, with the slow, you deal more damage
wd maledict can be better lvl 1
aa's q isn't a reliable stun, but it's still a disable. you're sometimes better off getting his e
offlane nyx gets carapace and mid, i usually take the mana burn instead of the stun
gyrocopter's rocket barrage is usually better lvl 1. if you're mid, you can use his e to harass the other mid
axe's q is a disable, but you also don't take it lvl 1. even in a trilane
dragon knight's stun is usually not the spell you take lvl 1
jakiro's icepath was nerfed pretty hard. i haven't played him in the new patch, but you probably don't want that lvl 1
i don't think ember's disable should be your lvl 1 spell also
You are wrong about hex being better than impale lvl 1

Edit: you are better off going 1 3 1 3 2 if you really want hex.

How come nobody gets midas on terrorblade? I mean it won't put him too far back early as he's super good then, and it can only help your farm overall.

The only reason I can come up with for why not is that he's just perfectly fine without it.

imma do it next time see how it works out

saw someone complaining about arteezy, claiming hes toxic for the community and etc. I dont understand... everything ive seen about him is just points to a cocky player but nothing out of control as those have lead me to believe
sometimes on his stream he can be a dick i guess

just insulting people and stuff you know normal dota pub jerk crap

thought hex first was pretty standard and uncontroversial in .80 nowadays

Care to explain why? Because a 2.5 second hex sounds way better in most cases than a 1.02 second stun.

There are only fringe cases where you'd want Impale 1st, AFAIK, like you really need to snipe something 950 units away or whatever, but that's why you save you save your first skill point for lane.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How come nobody gets midas on terrorblade? I mean it won't put him too far back early as he's super good then, and it can only help your farm overall.
Because Midas doesn't push his farming through the roof like Radiance does. His farm comes from his illusions and the sooner they can clear camps on their own, the better. Midas does not buff his illusions at all.

Because Midas doesn't push his farming through the roof like Radiance does. His farm comes from his illusions and the sooner they can clear camps on their own, the better. Midas does not buff his illusions at all.
The illusions don't get the bonus damage out from the relic though (doesn't really matter for farming though), and at less than half the cost midas seems like you'd be able to move on to other items faster. Plus radiance on a ranged seems goofy.

It makes sense, like it does with naga, it just feels wrong to me.

But I'm dumb at this game so what do I know.

I wanna watch a replay of a sweet radiance tb though now.

though though though

Boken

Banned
holy shit twitch sold out

KjjAbUu.png

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Haven't played in like half a week and all my games were super sloppy tonight. It's amazing how just a few days off messes me up so bad. :[

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
God damn does Steam Take forever to reintegrate with windows if you have a ton of games. It took almost 2 hours to do so, and didn't even give me a damn progress bar. I should not have to open up the the resource monitor to watch steam check each folder in alphabetical order. Now to reinstall dota, since it was on the SSD.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok guys, I have a new great horrible hero idea. I feel like I just made Earth Spirit 2: The Sequel, but fuck it.

TF2 Solider.
Lore: One day John Doe bugged Merasmus to send him to the greatest battle ever fought. And then he did.
He is a Strength hero. Stats would go here, but fuck numbers.

Solider has an Ember Spirit like charge system for his ammo, has 4 shoots. His ammo will return quickly after after not being in combat for a while, like say 20 seconds for the first, then 5 seconds for each additional one.

Q/W: Both spells share the same skill point like Shadow Fiends Razes.
Q: Fire Rocket. Does what it says on the box, fires a rocket at the enemy. Its a ground targeted skill shot, and will fly until ether hitting anther unit or the target location. Does Composite damage, splashes like 350 AoE with fall off. Damages the Solider if he gets caught in the blast.
W: Rocket Jump. Solider fires one of his rockets at his feet, and goes to the targeted location. Also does more damage the farther he jumps. Basically a blink pudge rot thing.

Passive Ability 1, Equalizer: Solider gains move speed and damage for each percent of health he is missing. Like 1 damage/1%ms per missing percent hp.

Passive Ability 2, Gunboats: Gives small amount of additional armor and magic resistance, and reduces self damage. Like 4 armor, -50% self damage, +16% MR.

Ultimate Ability: Banner Pack. The solider has 3 banners he can put up to temporarily buff him self and his team in a 900 AoE. 10 second duration, scaling 3/2/1 minute cool down, banners share cooldown.

Banner 1, Buff Banner: Creates a 100% proc chance 150% Critical Hit aura. Crit has a lower priority the other crits and will only proc if no other critical hit does.

Banner 2, Battalion's Backup: Makes allies take 35% less damage and be immune to critical hits. Great for those pesky PAs and CKs!

Banner 3, Concheror: Makes allies move 25% faster, and applies a debuff on enemies that grants 15% Open Wounds style life steal.

Great, it takes 7 ability slots, and I think he is super imbalanced. Fuck it, I'm just gonna go to bed now.

Edit: Wait wait I got it. You csn cycle banners with sub ability, also while they are active, allowing you to change buff on the fly.

Karakand

What's gonna happen when you do reach 4K and then lose and go below it? Do I have to link you a 4.3k rated matche full of idiots?

7uwWv.jpg

This shit phoenix wouldn't stop going after the huskar with slark and Lifestealer when lion wasn't there, our only source of disable(he bought shadow amulet at the end cause we were being fountain farmed).

Uhh is this some sort of Mumble-GAF inside joke thing? I could have sworn Smash-It Stan posts itt...

NBtoaster

I thought it wasn't live yet, I played ranked around an hour ago and nothing showed at the end.

edit: reddit says its just buggy and shows randomly.

Acinixys

Hes a 17 year old who plays Video Games for money and is probably one of the best players in the world at the moment

What do people expect?

heroes looks legit awful

I watched SUNSfan play it last night. It looks horrible. Like a more casual LoL, if thats even possible

G.ZZZ

It's going down Guidos. I'm yelling timber.

Tbh i still don't understand when the fuck is the game, if on friday or saturday. Bah. I'm not available today :(

EDIT: K, my russian standin obviously thought the game was this morning not tonight and he's not on tonight. I'll try and find another standin this afternoon if fuckign rael don't come back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom