• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Pfft..

Most teams would change roster before TI4.

TI4 winners would be:

1. Loda
2. Burning
3. Arteezy
4. Ferrari
5. XBOCT

They're going to carry each other to victory.

It's interesting Shadow Fiend refers to Terrorblade as "Soul Keeper" despite that never being mentioned anywhere in his lore. They probably just forgot to remove them, like AM's lines.

havokex

MMR calibration is messed. My friend played his 10 games and had multiple (maybe 4 or 5) games where he was in double digit deaths(15+) and had very little GPM/XPM or Kill/Assists but got 4000+ rating.

I did my 10 games, had much better K/D/A and GPM/XPM then he did (7 deaths was my max, couple games with only 2 deaths) had multiple games where I carried my team with best stats in all fields, but still only end up with 3800 rating.

WTF volvo!

Artanisix

MMR calibration is messed. My friend played his 10 games and had multiple (maybe 4 or 5) games where he was in double digit deaths(15+) and had very little GPM/XPM or Kill/Assists but got 4000+ rating.

I did my 10 games, had much better K/D/A and GPM/XPM then he did (7 deaths was my max, couple games with only 2 deaths) had multiple games where I carried my team with best stats in all fields, but still only end up with 3800 rating.

WTF volvo!

So where'd it mess up?

It's not going to look at your KDA and GPM/XPM. It's going to ask, did you win or lose? What's your unranked mmr? And then adjust accordingly.

Razzer

WTF volvo!

The MMR rating isn't affected by stats on the scoreboard, just wins/losses. It would be horrible to supports otherwise. Also, the quality of your opponents compared to your team factors in.

havokex

So where'd it mess up?

It's not going to look at your KDA and GPM/XPM. It's going to ask, did you win or lose? What's your unranked mmr? And then adjust accordingly.

I was 7-3 in the 10 matches and he was either 6-4 or 5-5. I've never checked my unranked MMR

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Win/loss is the primary criteria used to update MMR, but individual performance also plays a role

LIES. Maybe it's different at higher tiers but where I'm at it's 25 plus or minus consistently and regardless of anything. The only escape is for me to carry my team to victory 52 times in a row. As of today I'm 1/52nd of the way there.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's interesting Shadow Fiend refers to Terrorblade as "Soul Keeper" despite that never being mentioned anywhere in his lore. They probably just forgot to remove them, like AM's lines.

Terror Blade still calls him self the Soul Keeper in a single line:
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/1/19/Terr_items_08.mp3

Maybe he got fired from his job when he got sent to double hell? Maybe he was the guard for SF's soul collection and the action that got sent him to double hell was stealing from the collection?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They did?

The Wiki doesn't have anything on this either

Yeah, I assumed there wasn't any new content between test and real last night because no one reported anything, but my SSD crapped out like 5 minutes after I finished downloading the patch so I never got to check.

So he now has lines for Earth Spirit and Oracle, and calls Wraith King, Necrophos, Wind Ranger, Outworld Devourer, and Abyssal Underlord[Pit Lord] by their current names, along with some new quips, like "You don't get to be Wraith King without cracking a few skulls."

Oddly, he has a line for Frostivus now too. "Have yourself a festive Frostivus."

shira

H2S6R5I.png
Movie is free, but let's say this is the price for the hats pack 40 euro = $55 USD.

$14 is the price of Tvidotto's Legendary Alliance PA set.
Payouts would be 25% - $3.5 to player and $3.5 to artist.

3 sets ($14 x 3 = 42)
1 ward \
1 courier --> $10
1 hud /
3 loading screens --> $3
--------------------------------------
Wallet is not ready.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Considering it linked to the South Park entry, it's probably not €40. I'd expect like €25-30.

WTF volvo!

I dunno if it's messed but I feel as though the actual calibration is done from your matches prior in unranked. I went 8 and 2 in my calibration matches and my solo mmr was 2990 (I played stompy heroes and for the most part led in KDA etc). I had an inkling that my mmr would be low though as my competition was vastly different from the people I normally play against (I'd say 90% of my games are queued in groups of 4-5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom