• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah I was really hoping the game would be good but it truly looks like a pile of steaming dogshit. Not to mention those cosmetic pics that have been coming out in recent weeks... you serious blizzard? Way to completely shit all over your own goddamn warcraft 3 artstyle that contributed to dota's awesomeness.

Yeah I was really hoping the game would be good but it truly looks like a pile of steaming dogshit. Not to mention those cosmetic pics that have been coming out in recent weeks... you serious blizzard? Way to completely shit all over your own goddamn warcraft 3 artstyle that contributed to dota's awesomeness.

I normally don't care about lore and stuff. But seeing Lich King on a fucking Unicorn is too much, even for me.

NBtoaster

Ember Spirit really needs to not stop commands on him when he uses the spirits. Like if you are queued up to hex him the command is lost when he zips away even a little bit.

Boken

Banned
crazy shit like rainbow unicorns to grab at the lol crowd

timeless blizzard IPs to grab at the dota crowd

they cant lose. GG mobas

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
crazy shit like rainbow unicorns to grab at the lol crowd

timeless blizzard IPs to grab at the dota crowd

they cant lose. GG mobas
I seriously did not care at all besides to play and mock and get mad and try push strats.

But you can play as a siege tank, fuck I want this game so bad

I seriously did not care at all besides to play and mock and get mad and try push strats.

But you can play as a siege tank, fuck I want this game so bad
siegeengine.gif

It's not this siege tank. Not interested.

Actually, while we're at it, where's the Siege Tank hero, IceFrog? And the Mortar Team hero?

SamVimes

Tbh i still don't understand when the fuck is the game, if on friday or saturday. Bah. I'm not available today :(

EDIT: K, my russian standin obviously thought the game was this morning not tonight and he's not on tonight. I'll try and find another standin this afternoon if fuckign rael don't come back to life.

check your fucking inbox

Trasher

Tbh i still don't understand when the fuck is the game, if on friday or saturday. Bah. I'm not available today :(

EDIT: K, my russian standin obviously thought the game was this morning not tonight and he's not on tonight. I'll try and find another standin this afternoon if fuckign rael don't come back to life.

tA2OaZk.jpg

M.D

been like a month since i last played solo que, i want to play but i don't want to press that search button, i'm afraid gaf

plz add me 2.8k eu but legit i'm like 6 k
when playing against bots

I'll give heroes of the storm a try, I don't expect to get hooked on it though.

I think Dota 2 is like WoW for me, once I'm done playing it there won't be another game in it's genre that can reel me back in.

Nirvana

So who's considered the best mid these days? Mushi? Dendi? S4? RTZ? FATA?

Whoever Reddit has a hardon for that week.

I think the issue is that all of them excel at different things. If you look at raw stats I think Dendi beats out most mids; S4, Mushi, Iceiceice etc.

I'd say Dendi for aggression, RTZ for precision, S4 for positioning/map movement and Mushi has the ability to transition the best into late game I think.

I think Dendi considers Mushi the best mid, he always mentions him as the hardest one to play against.

Razzer

I've had people bugging me to socialize with them and shit, I mean talk about rude don't they realize I'm on #theroadto4K jeez. If I could turn Dota into a drinking game I'd be able to play more than one match a week.

Whoever Reddit has a hardon for that week.

I think the issue is that all of them excel at different things. If you look at raw stats I think Dendi beats out most mids; S4, Mushi, Iceiceice etc.

I'd say Dendi for aggression, RTZ for precision, S4 for positioning/map movement and Mushi has the ability to transition the best into late game I think.

I think Dendi considers Mushi the best mid, he always mentions him as the hardest one to play against.

Didn't Mushi beat him 1on1 in TI3?

Razzer

Midnight today.

Thanks dude.

Also, I think Resolut1on is rising in the ranks of Solo mids. IceIceIce is of course excellent as well but isn't playing there now. Sing doesn't play the same style as many but he's damn good as well, and not just on Mirana and Ember even if those are what he is known for now.

G.ZZZ

Guys we need a standin mid for tonight, i've like finished ppl who i can ask. Preferably not below 4k since it's a pretty important spot for the team even if it's just 1 game.

Quesa

Iunno Heroes looks like Dota but with way less emphasis on farming and more focus on teamfights
so it's basically 6.79 durrhurr
I could get into that as a less stressful alternative to Dota.

Nirvana

Didn't Mushi beat him 1on1 in TI3?

I believe so, but Dendi doesn't really fair well in 1v1s as a general rule and doesn't seem to take them very seriously. He says they're stupid and he always builds dagon and troll items rather than the stat items and necrobooks etc.

He has said that Mushi is the hardest to verse a few times though, and not just in relation to 1v1s.

FACE

Banned
Iunno Heroes looks like Dota but with way less emphasis on farming and more focus on teamfights
so it's basically 6.79 durrhurr
I could get into that as a less stressful alternative to Dota.

I think it looks like Dota if you removed most of the mechanics, cut the map down to a fifth of the size, made the characters move at a third of their normal speed and added communism to the game.

Quesa

I think it looks like Dota if you removed most of the mechanics, cut the map down to a fifth of the size, made the characters move at a third of their normal speed and added communism to the game.

It's alpha dawg they'll figure stuff out or not whatever you have to buy heroes so I prob won't play too much of it anyway.

I favour Team DK to beat Na'Vi at the moment.

My dream 8 for the ESL One tourney I'll attend:

1. Team DK
2. Vici Gaming
3. Na'Vi
4. EG
5. Fnatic
6. Alliance
7. C9
8. Empire

Truly the best teams in the world I think (in no order). I really hope for that to happen.

edit: Actually, IG are looking pretty hot at the moment as well.

Ketch

But can we actually talk about this?

The only thing about Na'vi is that I feel they don't try their hardest all the time.

If Na'vi had alliance's determination they'd be unkillable.

.... and if they had alliance's off laner that'd help too.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
But can we actually talk about this?

The only thing about Na'vi is that I feel they don't try their hardest all the time.

If Na'vi had alliance's determination they'd be unkillable.

.... and if they had alliance's off laner that'd help too.

Funnik's one of the best off laners tho

But yeah Na'vi is usually quite good, but sometimes they seem to not care and just go for YOLO dives

Quesa

Watching the dotatalk and starladder streams while exercising and so all these ganks are taking place alongside Mom's Spaghetti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom