• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hate seeing these dumb experiments because I'm sure some of the questionable players I've played with that aren't grouped with a friend are these people.

Wok

ErcMdN0.png

There is a new Pudge set:
http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/20439

On one hand, I'm super curious about mmr and wish this process was more transparent but then I know if valve was, we'd have more people actively try to break it(and my personal opinion is that mmr works fine as my current matches feel fair and I've played against people 1k above my level to know that they're significantly better). It would be nice though if valve released a proper distribution curve so that I know at least where I stand in the community. The dota mmr tracking site has average mmr at 3800 but there was a reddit experiment that put it more around 3500. Both were opt in.

Acti

Thumbs up on that new set! The one that is coming out with the "Free to Play" doc is ,imo, FUCKIN' ugly.
You can do better Valve...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It'll cannibalize sales of the Dota Cinema set, maybe.

People hear "Dendi" "Pudge" and "Cosmetics" and their ears prick up. This is just a random $14 Pudge set.

But it's not a random one. It's a dotacinema one and comes with some pretty major effects.

inkls

Checked the guy's games. Anyone else notice his invoker shadowblade build lol?

Actually, after looking at his games, he REALLY likes to build shadowblade on anyone

bounchfx

not a fan of the pudge at all. Love the custom icons, love the illustration, but the set in game looks.......... um. it's there, I guess. :x

excited that they are putting videos and custom icons in the game now though! should open up a lot of new possibilities for people, as long as it doesn't remain exclusive. Anyone grabbing the set?

what's the reasoning behind the super-slow movespeeds in heroes of the storm? It's like there's a permanent warlock slow on the whole map, I'm having a hard time watching this.

sephi22

I already impulse bought the new Pudge set and now I feel bad. I actually really like the F2P one, minus the Dendi doll.

The network went down before I could test the new set out

shira

I already impulse bought the new Pudge set and now I feel bad. I actually really like the F2P one, minus the Dendi doll.

The network went down before I could test the new set out

Mix and match!

Does the special rot require all the items to be equipped or is there a kinetic gem/specific item that allows the black poo rot effect.
edi: ahhh ze beeard

The special effects are all tied to the beard.

I wonder why it's legendary and not arcana. Oh well

Every Arcana and Genuine is Valve made for 100% profit so they can manipulate the markets.

shira

This is an interesting patch

Ranked leaderboards- finally we get to see who is Diamond tier
Dream League Compendium Reward are not in. Expected to come after or around March 25, 2014.

Chris R

I was glad to see that in my last game 7/10 players were within 15 MMR and the other three were TBD.

Can't wait to get a game with someone who is really bad but has a bunch more MMR than me :(

KingKong

what's the reasoning behind the super-slow movespeeds in heroes of the storm? It's like there's a permanent warlock slow on the whole map, I'm having a hard time watching this.

From what I saw in the giant bomb quick look, the maps are tiny. Plus maybe to make the mounts more useful?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so is valve actually going to "fix" the problem of pro players changing their names constantly for tournament games.

Razzer

Welp, sorry guys. Very out of practice both in general and with the team. We hadn't played together at all before today recently. Also, I suck at aggressive trilanes. Never get to practice them so I don't know how to play in them much. Gotta love that level 6 22 mins in.

Hopefully tomorrow we can get through the loser's bracket.

Played my first ranked match. Was hoping for a higher level of coordination/play, than what I'm used to seeing, given the nature of the mode. Nope. Trench tier is trench tier. Back to unranked.

At what level do people stop playing 2-1-2 lanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom