• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

$14?? I guess it has custom icons but damn that's steep. Glad they are opening up icons/visuals to more than just arcanas though.

Didn't Valve just squish item prices back down to around $5 lol? I remember when item sets first released they were relatively low quality $3-$5 sets until Valve steadily upped the price to shit like $15-$20 per set. And then they repriced everything back down to around $5.

I guess this will become a recurring pattern?

custom icons
custom spell particle
variations of hook
variations of cleaver
growing beard piece

just sayin' that's not a $5 set you're looking at, even if i'm not a fan of it

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
pit lord, oracle, techies mega patch -- name it patch of tears

oracle will allow every hero to be slark, techies will suicide bomb and make both teams rage post on neogaf, and pit lord will global tele his team up ur anus.

it's guna be great

shira

custom icons
custom spell particle
variations of hook
variations of cleaver
growing beard piece

just sayin' that's not a $5 set you're looking at, even if i'm not a fan of it

They standardized it.

$4 rare
$8 mythical
$14 legendary
$35 arcana

Hylian7

So random question: With my lack of how VAC works, and before going to trouble researching how to do this, I wonder if making a certain mod will get me into any VAC trouble.

I want to make a mod that shows the numbers to each item with the shop hotkeys when in the grid view. It shows them in list view but not grid view. Any ideas if I can do this without raising any VAC alarms?

Nirvana

"Congratulations! You are one of the best Dota 2 players in the world. To be eligible to appear on the world leaderboards, you must enter your official player information."

I can't wait to read this message on my screen.

When I'm watching Dendi's stream.

I guess nobody here was still in dota 1 when they added arc warden, but man he just has to be fucking broken right? I remember hearing that, but I don't know where he is now.

Acinixys

Gotta love playing goofy builds

I was tired of getting destroyed by 5 stacks (happened 3 times in a row, volvo pls bring back solo Q ); ), so I joined my buddy and he picked Earth Shaker with the intent of carrying

It worked. And made me feel better watching him get 2.4k+ crits and 1 HKOing Clinkz and CM

Also

WE POWER RANGERS NOW!

dlRH0Hy.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Really makes me sad when I try to very polity and kindly advise people on item choices to help us win, but they dont listen and tell me to get stuffed and then we lose

Dires Doom DCs so its 4v5 from 20 mins

Timbersaw rushes Bloodstone, ends with 1 charge

Gyro gets shadowblade 1st, ends with that, boots and a ultimate orb (was a 50 min game)

Lycan builds Deso and Crit, and refuses to get necro book because "its a support item"

Even if im only a 3.4k MMR player I know that my item build and game sense is 10x the scrubs I get matched with. It makes me sad because so often I lose due to dumb item choices by teammates

(My K/D was shit because i had to support so I only got my damage items very late)
1) lol
2) I see Basher on Lycan
3) You are 1 off most deaths as Ember and the other team has 0 reliable stuns (Until Abyssal). You really shouldn't be dying.
4) You have lowest hero damage, tower damage, and almost GPM

I had to be told not to get a BS as Lesh/Timber when behind because it's much worse than a SheepStick which makes a ton of obvious sense.

Kalnos

Banned
1) lol
2) I see Basher on Lycan
3) You are 1 off most deaths as Ember and the other team has 0 reliable stuns (Until Abyssal). You really shouldn't be dying.

I had to be told not to get a BS as Lesh/Timber when behind because it's much worse than a SheepStick which makes a ton of obvious sense.

Ouch.

That Lycan build is pretty good for pubstomping tbh.

Acinixys

1) lol
2) I see Basher on Lycan

1) Lycan sold his Crystalis 10 minutes after he bought it because i told him it was dumb, seeing as his ult gives him free crits
2) As I said at the bottom of my post, I was playing support all game because even though I picked second after Invoker my team still got 3 more carries
3) Again, I had to support and so was doing almost 0 damage till 40 or so minutes in

Dont get me wrong, i know im stupid a lot of the time and that im right where I should be in the MMR ladder. But sometimes I get matched with people that make me question the system

Battlefury Drow
Shadowblade Riki
Basher Nyx

Ive seen it all

How can you possibly play 1000+ games and still have such poor decision making

Madouu

real talk, disruptor most fun hero in the game. I've been practicing with it the last few days, even when you lose it's fun, try it people!

k5fbBlD.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
1) Lycan sold his Crystalis 10 minutes after he bought it because i told him it was dumb, seeing as his ult gives him free crits
2) As I said at the bottom of my post, I was playing support all game because even though I picked second after Invoker my team still got 3 more carries
3) Again, I had to support and so was doing almost 0 damage till 40 or so minutes in

Dont get me wrong, i know im stupid a lot of the time and that im right where I should be in the MMR ladder. But sometimes I get matched with people that make me question the system

Battlefury Drow
Shadowblade Riki
Basher Nyx

Ive seen it all

How can you possibly play 1000+ games and still have such poor decision making
You can't let other ppl carry you, you have to go full retard. Rush bottle Jungle with Ember and stack hard camps to clear with flame shield and rice the fuck outta them or something.
Buy a QB and out last hit Invoker and make him your cold snap bitch, etc.

Ketch

So I grouped with a random dude from the Giant Bomb in game community and then he turns out to be a leaver... we could have won that game too. Had them rax'd early and were constantly winning or trading even in fights.

I completely forgot he was in my group until the end and it shows everyone who you're partied with and here I am partied with this lvl 7 SK with no items....

"Sorry guys, I just met that dude I swear".

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Seeing the MMRs after the game is a bit eye opening...I'm clearly in the wrong tier:

8BXHQCC.png

The portrait for this new pudge set looks kind of bad if you use all the pieces. The large low res rectangle neck piece dominates the entire portrait (and clips a bit) which kind of ruins it. They probably should have been more careful with how such a large flat object looks in the portrait.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, I feel late to some party. I see everything talking about how sick Disruptor is, and here I am just winning ez games as Lycan. The funny thing is, its doesn't feel like its because of Lycans minor buffs, or that I'm even any good as the hero, more that people just forgot how to play against Lycan.

Also, played vs some Naga who got like a really greedy 10-15 minute Radiance (She only had an Iron Branch and bottle before she go Relic), but never got a Heart (Maybe I'm bad, but I though you got heart to make the illusions hard to kill). She went Radiance > BoTs > Diffusal > Manta > Butterfly, but by the time she bothered to ever join her team in a fight, it was the first fight we convincingly won (Screw Invis, I finish Necro3). She must of been pissed, got free farmed all game only to have us kill everything in mid after they lost a fight.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/562792298

Also, why do you have that troll techies line in your content analysis matt, people take it seriously.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wanna sub for us tomorrow, BRO??

depends what time you play, BROOO

Geez, I feel late to some party. I see everything talking about how sick Disruptor is, and here I am just winning ez games as Lycan. The funny thing is, its doesn't feel like its because of Lycans minor buffs, or that I'm even any good as the hero, more that people just forgot how to play against Lycan.

It's a combination. The buffs he's gotten over the last 3-4 clump up to be pretty massive (+5 base damage, +4 howl damage to all minions, +1 armor to wolves, +2 base int, +15 hp regen to level 4 wolves, level 3 invis, lower fade time, +2 armor in human form). The last set of buffs (invis fade time and hp regen) were massive, I didn't think so at the time, but it's huge for QoL--taking Rosh is so much easier and reliable now as well as harassing supports.

Also like you say since 6.75 people have kind of brushed aside Lycan and don't really ward his jungle or even contest it often--which is sad really, he's such a free kill early on since he has to face tank. Giving lycan a free jungle is just handing him your balls, you lost the game if he goes unmolested and all 3 of his lanes haven't massively lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom