• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I also think I may have come up with a way/dumb oversight on how to actually jungle better. Stay in base till I can buy a fucking clarity. It takes like 15 seconds. Should I have been doing that all along? Also, is getting basher on him bad, I could of sworn I saw someone here mocking a lycan for getting one.

Also here is some unicode art, because when the fuck am I going to have a good reason to post this? Just gonna get it out of my system.
Code:
              ∧__∧
             ( ͡•̀_•́)
            ⊂  つ
             (つ ノ
              (ノ
     \      ☆
             |     ☆
          (⌒ ⌒ヽ   /
    \  (´⌒  ⌒  ⌒ヾ   /
      (’⌒ ; ⌒   ::⌒  )
     (´     )     ::: ) /
  ☆─ (´⌒;:    ::⌒`) :;  )
     (⌒::   ::     ::⌒ )
    / (    ゝ  ヾ 丶  ソ ─

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I also think I may have come up with a way/dumb oversight on how to actually jungle better. Stay in base till I can buy a fucking clarity. It takes like 15 seconds. Should I have been doing that all along?

No, because you can use the courier to ferry yourself a clarity while jungling if you want one... or you can just suicide after you pick up a couple items (my preferred method).

Getting basher isn't bad, but I don't think it's really the way to go early on--Lycan is best played as a split pushing asshole, that's just how it is. If you absolutely like playing him as a team-fighter or the situation demands it, then an early basher isn't bad per say. I like AC + Deso, then basher into abyssal. Many people still prefer the necro rush, however.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh yeah, I love grabbing Necro 3. Do you think getting Desso instead/before Necro is better though? I was under the assumption that the Necro with its low BAT and howl was the best first item for quick solo pushing. Though maybe AC would be better for breaking base, I can't rely on split pushing during team fights or the enemy just being dead every game.

I tend to only get about 650 gold my first run though the jungle because I run out of mana :/

Kreunt

Banned
I also think I may have come up with a way/dumb oversight on how to actually jungle better. Stay in base till I can buy a fucking clarity. It takes like 15 seconds. Should I have been doing that all along? Also, is getting basher on him bad, I could of sworn I saw someone here mocking a lycan for getting one.

Also here is some unicode art, because when the fuck am I going to have a good reason to post this? Just gonna get it out of my system.

are you spawning your first set of wolves while in fountain?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Warlock swapped for my SD and he played amazingly well.

Unfortunately our Timbersaw and Tusk were Russian so we couldn't speak to them (Tusk did okay, Timber was feeding early then did good damage and cleanup later. Pugna wouldn't stop saying we lost even though I told him I'd get Aghs Refresher, he didn't even blast towers that much at all and got caught out quite a bit. If he built Hex we could have taken a lot more engagements since we needed disable super badly.

6 slotted Luna + Troll Ult + Aghs Macropyre is the Warlock counter. Can't do shit since we had 1 stun (Tusk). I did get 2.5k gold from killing Luna and Kotl which was cool, but we just couldn't push at all.
Suffering. (SB was my last item for split push / escape / chase)

qC8W2vi.png

Wolves in fountain
Clear camps
Buy Mask / Basi and suicide
Clear camps, get Vlads
Win

No need for clarity.

I swear to god if these shitty Reddit mother fuckers end up getting valve to somehow totally rework Earth Spirit and he no longer has a knockback remnant stun or remnant silence i'm really going to be fucking pissed. I fucking hate that community.

I swear to god if these shitty Reddit mother fuckers end up getting valve to somehow totally rework Earth Spirit and he no longer has a knockback remnant stun or remnant silence i'm really going to be fucking pissed. I fucking hate that community.
From what I can tell Icefrog's reaction to Western balance suggestions is a polite chuckle and to go back to whatever the hell he's doing.

He'll be fine.

elyetis

I would have 0 issues with Valve removing Earth Spirit entirely and pretending he never existed.
I love Earth spirit if just for the sake of having that reminder that I was right to complain about the release of such a 'new' hero who never even got to captain mode; before the release of some older hero, with years(?) in captain mode, without even rebalance, and far more wanted by the community.

Renoir

Is Legion Commander noob friendly or she's legit.. I've actually been winning lately.

What's the hero that you think give you the best chance to win.

Undying
Lc
ZZeus
Windrun

Are my top chart heroes so far.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
700+ games of Doto played and I finally broke my Pudge cherry. It looks like a shit show on paper, and we ultimately lost cause it was least played and my 4 stack all picked retard heroes, cause that's what we do in least played. But I landed hooks way better than I thought I would. I didn't get to go mid which lead to a real crappy start and even tho we leveled the score a few times from being down like 20 kills, Naix is a better carry than Axe so we couldn't make a W out of it.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/562934969

Hero was a lot of fun tho. I see why he's so popular. I just never felt like embarrassing myself with shithooks. Now that I got that first game under my belt tho, anything goes.

ed: Oh, I had to play fucking support too cause the pub Windrunner thought she was going to be carrying us. Bought chicken and all wards.

M.D

this game is so fucking awful lol

solo que all pick, this 3 stack picks pudge, viper and bloodseeker and ask the remaining 2 to pick support and we get nyx and dazzle

bloodseeker and dazzle top give away first blood and both die, but of course the bloodseeker starts blaming me and calling me a noob... why? because him and his viper friend tried to kill TA mid, i see that and tp in to help but don't put in the sentry because viper had dust and i expected him to use it and so they both die to meld.. not putting down a sentry was a mistake by me because they also had a bounty hunter and a clinkz that could've been there, but that didn't happen

when i tell him he lost his lane after he flames me, he obviously says its because of the noob dazzle

oh, and he obviously never carried a tp scroll the entire game... gah

In before you're blamed for giving birth to these people and raising them to be toxic.

The people going through your dotabuff to bring in an old game that has nothing to do with the one you're talking about.

Razzer

In before you're blamed for giving birth to these people and raising them to be toxic.

The people going through your dotabuff to bring in an old game that has nothing to do with the one you're talking about.

I've only seen this thread start saying that to two people, and both times it was when they were posting the same shit over and over again for several pages. There's a difference between that and raging on Gaf at one match that particularly frustrated you.

BigAT

I've only seen this thread start saying that to two people, and both times it was when they were posting the same shit over and over again for several pages. There's a difference between that and raging on Gaf at one match that particularly frustrated you.

Yup. Plus it was to contradict very specific claims like "YO I CRUSH IT WITH LUNA".

Ketch

So after playing exclusively with friends for nearly all of my games, I just started solo queing (like 6 games in the last 2 days), and I'm crushing. Even as a support, warding and sentries and mech and still getting kills.

All of my solo que has been in single draft. Which I find fun. But still I get forced into picking support because literally everyone picks a carry... both teams. But, 4 carries + dazzle > 5 carries, easy win

Just had a game where one of the players on our team never chose a hero or connected to the game and yet we all still got a loss and a loss of MMR. Why would Valve design the game this way?

G.ZZZ

I've been sending emails, spamming invites on steam, but i can't seem to contact anyone and i can't find when should our game be anywhere. I can't spend all day here if i don't find more information soon i'm just going out and fuck this.

God damn just had a game where I dc'd just as we were throning the other team. Wasn't able to recon before it ended. Still got a win for it, does anyone know if this will count as an abandon?

Edit: Just watched the replay and my team was able to take throne before I officially dc'd hah. I think I should be alright.

I've been sending emails, spamming invites on steam, but i can't seem to contact anyone and i can't find when should our game be anywhere. I can't spend all day here if i don't find more information soon i'm just going out and fuck this.
4:45 pst

I had to ask a mod in his twitch chat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wolves in fountain
Clear camps
Buy Mask / Basi and suicide
Clear camps, get Vlads
Win

No need for clarity.

Anboker said I could get a full Basi AND a Ring of Regen on my first trip!

Ember Spirit is the problem in my eyes.

He can bum a team with just drums and treads. That's seems balanced.

He has zero armor, and pretty low health to boot. You kill the fucker. Grab a silence or a stun if you are worried he will just zip away.

Darklord

Banned
This game's servers seriously crashes every time I play it. Can't even connect to the servers. They need to deal with this high load crap.

BeesEight

Geez, I feel late to some party. I see everything talking about how sick Disruptor is, and here I am just winning ez games as Lycan. The funny thing is, its doesn't feel like its because of Lycans minor buffs, or that I'm even any good as the hero, more that people just forgot how to play against Lycan.

Please queue with me. My Lycans sit in lane until 4 then just jungle for the rest of the game until we lose. :(

Hylian7

700+ games of Doto played and I finally broke my Pudge cherry. It looks like a shit show on paper, and we ultimately lost cause it was least played and my 4 stack all picked retard heroes, cause that's what we do in least played. But I landed hooks way better than I thought I would. I didn't get to go mid which lead to a real crappy start and even tho we leveled the score a few times from being down like 20 kills, Naix is a better carry than Axe so we couldn't make a W out of it.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/562934969

Hero was a lot of fun tho. I see why he's so popular. I just never felt like embarrassing myself with shithooks. Now that I got that first game under my belt tho, anything goes.

ed: Oh, I had to play fucking support too cause the pub Windrunner thought she was going to be carrying us. Bought chicken and all wards.
You don't really need a hood anymore, unless you are making a pipe out of it. If you really feel like you need it you can go casual cloak, but I like just going Bottle, Tranqs, Urn, and Blink. Blink on him is stupidly good right now, giving you so many options. You can go for a Blink Dismember, Blink Hook, Blink Hook into the trees, and more.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
But sand king is orange. And that art looks nothing like how the set looks in game.

Also, those aren't custom blink and force staff icons, those are the badly texture pudge items I complained about last week.

It's too bad some less than noble contributors will see dollar signs in their eyes at the sight of the pudge set and now everyone and their uncle's set will have custom icons made and it won't be special anymore :/

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom