• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I highly doubt IceFrog gets his balance ideas from reddit
I don't even think icefrog exists anymore. It's just a reddit reading AI machine

Free to Play movie release
Techies, Pit Lord and Winter Wyvern hero releases
Map editor

Next week is gonna be awesome. :)

Matt gonna need MONSTER energy drinks

One of the fastest up voted items in the entire workshop, ever. Empire isn't even trying to hide it anymore, valve needs to come down hard on him and his crew.

For reference, this set has 10 times as many votes as the second highest rated set uploaded this week, which is a nice looking Mirana set.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237746120

I don't know if there are even enough voters on the workshop to gain 4000 votes in 3 days. That's double the lifetime votes of the snowdrop set! And more votes than the three virtues sets, which is ridiculous because those sets we're at the top of the list for weeks and this mediocre sk set has beaten it in 3 days.
It's front page on reddit weekend. That's easily enough.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

here's a pic for reference:

bKaToHp.png

inkls

What is a good solution to Centaur cheese strats? The ones where they do like Tiny Centaur, or Tusk Centaur.

I'm guessing heroes that can make themselves magic immune or keep others alive or purge stuns.

Also easy escape abilities.

If nyx uses carapace when centaur uses double edge, centaur receives both the full damage and the recoil damage right?

Jex

So, serious question, are most of the DOTA Gaffers in the US because whenever I see matches being mentions it's also some crazy time of night. Is there no Europe DOTA Gaf?

Finalow

bone7 is playing a great puck, too bad that ee is garbage.

So, serious question, are most of the DOTA Gaffers in the US because whenever I see matches being mentions it's also some crazy time of night. Is there no Europe DOTA Gaf?
eu dota gaf is dead.

Razzer

We have Euro gaf, but scummy mericans force us to play at stupid o'clock.

jk love you guys.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Wes, Nilay, Ikuu, GD, Sanjay, Kapura, Meteorain, Final are all Euro iirc. I'm missing a few others. The thing is they don't post in this thread much. Most of DOTA2GAF, particularly the active streaming/scrimming/tourneying portion of it, is US.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It's exactly what happened. He was standing right near the rune spot it spawned at at rune time, and he was able to dive me or be invis right outside of tower true sight range.

So the entire game came down to these couple of runes?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Note to self, do not pick weak jungler when no one on team picks support. Our "Support" was a necrolyte who rushed Dagon, and our Invoker later on bought out all the wards and sentries and put them in one spot.

Fuck, I forgot to report the invoker. I was gonna buy those wards and place them defensively. Up to 20 wards purchased as lycan.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Yes, because it gave the enemy mid enough of an advantage to snowball and prevent us from being able to do anything.

I find it interesting that you blame the runes, not your own play. You don't blame poor rune control, lack of awareness, or lane control, it's lucky runes. I'm assuming it's this Storm Spirit game, where you finally get a rotation 7 minutes in after Tinker has two kills and it goes horribly, but it's lucky runes. 8 minutes in, your at no HP see Tinker bots in and you don't run away, but it's lucky runes.

You need to stop bitching about the game, and look at your own play and see what you need to improve. Next time you have a bad game and type a post, before you hit Post go and watch the replay.

Ketch

What is a good solution to Centaur cheese strats? The ones where they do like Tiny Centaur, or Tusk Centaur.

strong counter initiation?

Maybe Naga, disruptor, life stealer, earth shaker. Fucking omni knight!

My friend plays centaur all the time, I think he an underrated hero.

FACE

Banned
strong counter initiation?

Maybe Naga, disruptor, life stealer, earth shaker. Fucking omni knight!

My friend plays centaur all the time, I think he an underrated hero.

I like Centaur Abaddon for the big early game damage with aphotic shield and double edge.

Jex

nope, tonnes of euro gaf, oz gaf, africa gaf, asia gaf
We have Euro gaf, but scummy mericans force us to play at stupid o'clock.
jk love you guys.
Wes, Nilay, Ikuu, GD, Sanjay, Kapura, Meteorain, Final are all Euro iirc. I'm missing a few others. The thing is they don't post in this thread much. Most of DOTA2GAF, particularly the active streaming/scrimming/tourneying portion of it, is US.
Thanks for the info. I was just making an assumption based on the general posting hours of the people in this thread more than anything else. Then again, I see people in the GAF mumble on at all kinds of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom