• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

Wes, Nilay, Ikuu, GD, Sanjay, Kapura, Meteorain, Final are all Euro iirc. I'm missing a few others. The thing is they don't post in this thread much. Most of DOTA2GAF, particularly the active streaming/scrimming/tourneying portion of it, is US.

Russian invasion of Scandinavia confirmed, RIP SWEDEN.

Hylian7

I find it interesting that you blame the runes, not your own play. You don't blame poor rune control, lack of awareness, or lane control, it's lucky runes. I'm assuming it's this Storm Spirit game, where you finally get a rotation 7 minutes in after Tinker has two kills and it goes horribly, but it's lucky runes. 8 minutes in, your at no HP see Tinker bots in and you don't run away, but it's lucky runes.

You need to stop bitching about the game, and look at your own play and see what you need to improve. Next time you have a bad game and type a post, before you hit Post go and watch the replay.

My rune control was poor because I had to catch up in farm and levels and couldn't afford to leave lane. Those first two kills he already had on me made him snowball because he got those lucky runes. There was a difference I couldn't make up. Ganking was useless since I had no farm.

I know I made some mistakes, but still you have to admit it was those runes that caused him to snowball.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He could have killed you without the regen rune, but probably wouldn't have dove without it, you see him grab the invis and don't bother to play defensively. You can watch the replay and you'll see these things, you'll see how you can play better, but you choose to complain in the thread and try to blame everything but yourself.

You could have avoided two of his first three kills if you had changed how you played.

Razzer

My rune control was poor because I had to catch up in farm and levels and couldn't afford to leave lane. Those first two kills he already had on me made him snowball because he got those lucky runes. There was a difference I couldn't make up. Ganking was useless since I had no farm.

I know I made some mistakes, but still you have to admit it was those runes that caused him to snowball.

I think his point is there's no reason to dwell on runes when that isn't going to change. People get 'lucky' runes, it happens. Might as well concentrate on what you did wrong instead as it's the only thing you can change.

Hylian7

He could have killed you without the regen rune, but probably wouldn't have dove without it, you see him grab the invis and don't bother to play defensively. You can watch the replay and you'll see these things, you'll see how you can play better, but you choose to complain in the thread and try to blame everything but yourself.

Two of his first three kills we're entirely avoidable.

He would have tower hitting him though, and I was trying to get the Vortex on him first but he managed to get laser off first. That was why I went in on it, but then he had the regen rune and that made him have more health.

And like I said, I'm not saying I didn't make mistakes, but that factor was probably the biggest contributor.

shira

Thanks for the info. I was just making an assumption based on the general posting hours of the people in this thread more than anything else. Then again, I see people in the GAF mumble on at all kinds of times.
A lot of gaffers don't use this thread.

Got into Low Priority queue for the first time because my internet went out randomly for 18 minutes. It was weird because I haven't had an abandon since January, probably also due to some sort of technical failure. I thought if they were spaced out enough you wouldn't get Low Pri.

Anyway, it turned out to be alright, and the 3rd game was one of my most fun Rubick games in recent memory.
ibucnSk4QT93Rd.png

Razzer

Got into Low Priority queue for the first time because my internet went out randomly for 18 minutes. It was weird because I haven't had an abandon since January, probably also due to some sort of technical failure. I thought if they were spaced out enough you wouldn't get Low Pri.

Anyway, it turned out to be alright, and the 3rd game was one of my most fun Rubick games in recent memory.

I'm guessing Lina could one-shot anyone by the end?

Also, could someone give a more advanced rundown of which items are best for what situations on Clock. I know that mek, blademail, agh's, shiva's, AC, BKB, Forcestaff etc are all situational, but sometimes I'm not sure which is best.

I'm guessing Lina could one-shot anyone by the end?
Yeah, lol. Her player actually called carry when we were picking, so I just assumed we were in for a dumb game. On top of that the Pudge player picked him last after invoker called mid and landed like 1 hook the entire game. The Lina ended up being really good, though. The other team did end up giving up too early, which kinda dulled the victory, but I still got to have fun so whatever.

inkls

Can't reports also send you into low prio?

Yeah, lol. Her player actually called carry when we were picking, so I just assumed we were in for a dumb game. On top of that the Pudge player picked him last after invoker called mid and landed like 1 hook the entire game. The Lina ended up being really good, though. The other team did end up giving up too early, which kinda dulled the victory, but I still got to have fun so whatever.

You should have picked Lion to have the most fun that game.

Hylian7

You know, I hate when you know you are behind for whatever reason, and your team knows it too, but instead of helping you when you ask, they sit there and ping you and give you "Well Played, well played well played" isntead of helping.

Ember Spirit rushed BoTs, I didn't have enough mana to zip far away enough, he comes in, I try to run WHILE UNDER MY TOWER, he's chasing me for at least 20 seconds, and I ping it and ask for TPs, NOBODY TPS and people just say "STFU noob". Seriously?! That doesn't fucking help.

I think you are putting too much focus on being behind too early. Yea sometimes it happens but I've noticed things are better if you make a few adjustments and don't force things to happen. A few team fights later or just additional match time after laning phase can open space and allow you to get some farm. Even a few assists can help you out and get you on your way to some items.

For all you know the match may be an hour long. A few deaths and missed last hits in the first 10 minutes isn't going to be the deciding factor.

Hylian7

I think you are putting too much focus on being behind too early. Yea sometimes it happens but I've noticed things are better if you make a few adjustments and don't force things to happen. A few team fights later or just additional match time after laning phase can open space and allow you to get some farm. Even a few assists can help you out and get you on your way to some items.

For all you know the match may be an hour long. A few deaths and missed last hits in the first 10 minutes isn't going to be the deciding factor.

But that's the thing, usually it is, because we've lost everything based on just that.

But that's the thing, usually it is, because we've lost everything based on just that.

I guess I just focus on getting things back under control one step at a time. I always keep the attitude it's going to be a long match and things can happen. Yea I may have had no farm but my teammates may when two fights and take two towers out of nowhere and now I'm in decent shape. Just waiting for that may be better than forcing a fight to cause another death or over extending your push in the lane for a few more last hits. Even being low leveled and in the vicinity of a few team kills can bring you back into it.

I've been in matches where we were down by 10 deaths within the first 15 minutes and slowly turned it around. Most of the time this happens Its seems I've had omni on the team to assist once he gets his ult up. One issue is he is so slow at the start so your team will always be at a disadvantage until he gets levels and a few items. Anyone else think he may be the best hero to assist with a turnaround of a stomp (considering your carries stick with it)?

And now 5 game loss streak. Fucking great.

This is the point where I'd do some co-op bot matches for fun or take a break.

Gofu

Banned
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ NEW CASTERS or SEND STRONGLY WORDED LETTERS TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm watching this Disraptor in Trav's tournament and I don't approve of his build.

For all aspiring Raptor players, the ideal build is 1-3-1. Occasionally, you might go 3-1-1 or some other mix but Raptor is picked for Glimpse and Static Storm. Another 0.5 on Kinetic Field is not worth 400 range on Glimpse.

Finalow

For all aspiring Raptor players, the ideal build is 1-3-1. Occasionally, you might go 3-1-1 or some other mix but Raptor is picked for Glimpse and Static Storm. Another 0.5 on Kinetic Field is not worth 400 range on Glimpse.
yep, especially glimpse level 2 makes a huge difference.

Sibylus

Banned
I'm watching this Disraptor in Trav's tournament and I don't approve of his build.

Cosigned, as a fellow Disraptorer.

FACE

Banned

Huge cooldown reduction is also great :)

BHK3

Banned

1 abandon in ranked means low prio

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/564310906

So this game was weird. Firstly there was the fact the 3-stack we got put with were named as communist dictators, which was funny. Me and my mate crushed our lane and I rushed Agh's after bottle treads so we were stomping. Then Rubick manages to cliff a centaur at the dire large camp near base and the 3 of them spend the rest of the game sitting there trying to cliff more animals. I got so bored I was just hooking into the base 1v5 cus there was nothing else to do. I couldn't finish on my own after all. So I'd go in, get 2 kills with AA ult to back me up and die. Rinse and repeat for 20 mins. Very strange. They did eventually go mid and end it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Is there a bracket for Travdood's tourney?

I haven't been able to follow the streams.

Sibylus

Banned
Lost a game. Probably a fair chunk my fault, my teammates did their best but we couldn't manage it late. So many BKBs = Sad little Skymad Mage.

ElyrionX

And now 5 game loss streak. Fucking great.

I just watched the last 15 mins of your latest loss where you played Puck. Some really weird item choices from your team in that game. So many Ghost Scepters and why buy BoT when it is clearly not needed. Linkens would have been much better. And I have no idea what a Ursa is doing with a hex and a AC and no Heart or Vlads.

Hylian7

I just watched the last 15 mins of your latest loss where you played Puck. Some really weird item choices from your team in that game. So many Ghost Scepters and why buy BoT when it is clearly not needed. Linkens would have been much better. And I have no idea what a Ursa is doing with a hex and a AC and no Heart or Vlads.

Against the Ember? How?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hex is legit on Ursa, but only in very specific circumstances.

Hylian7

Hex bad
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

Heart good
e5YuU.gif
e5YuU.gif

Not really understanding why people say hex is bad on Ursa. Or perhaps they mean "bad" in the sense as in, no, it's not bad to have, but there are better things to fill those slots with and let your team take care of what hex does.

Strider

At first I was kinda upset at the low MMR I got... but actually I kind of like it. Being under ranked means winning and winning is fun.

Today was a good day.

XglrYi1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom