• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

i got pubstomped by a single lycan today, his entire team dc and he stood alone vs all 4 of us, we ended up losing the game bc he got six slotted thx to the extra gold. fuck he was an asshole too so pissed.

I think its pretty funny that you can 1v5 or 2v5 an entire team through gold advantage

In this game 3 total assholes DC'd at about 20 minutes because we lost 1 tower mid and so they called GG and left

Myself and Alchemist farmed for 5 minutes, sold all their shit and then just went mid and ended. Was pretty funny. Took us about 3 tries to rax though.

PS: Their SK left when we were raxing. So much butthurt in this game

lwDyQ3q.png

People who say "easy" after a stomp are scumbags.

Usually first to say GG too.

Low Priority actually pretty fun, and I've had some good players on my team. Surprised valve still has the system they do for abandons, I like hon's style better where it is a threshold. I'm under 1% abandon, still five games.

inkls

So after selling my first items on the market I bought the entire DP foreteller's set and the spirit for her ult for around 0.71$ instead of the 5$ in the shop. I'm starting to really like the market.

Haven't played Dp in a while because I wanted to try out other heroes, but now i'm afraid i'm going to tank my winrate with her (87%). What do...

People who say "ez game" after a 60+ minute pyrrhic victory are pretty dumb too.

It depends really on their attitude during the game, I don't mind if the person saying ez game was joking during the game and not being a jerk.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
i got pubstomped by a single lycan today, his entire team dc and he stood alone vs all 4 of us, we ended up losing the game bc he got six slotted thx to the extra gold. fuck he was an asshole too so pissed.

Had this happen with a Natures Prophet once. I think it was actually me as Shadow Shaman, a Lycan and maybe an Ogre against this NP, with everyone else abandoned. The Prophet got sick farm by teleporting to our fountain and murdering the level 2 guys there over and over (we never thought to put them somewhere safe for some reason). We eventually managed to beat him but it was like a 50 minute game

Raytow

What would item progression look for Weaver? after threads the linken takes ages, what would be good in between?
I just had an awesome game with it, still lost, but man the other team were salty as hell trying to kill me.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What would item progression look for Weaver? after threads the linken takes ages, what would be good in between?
I just had an awesome game with it, still lost, but man the other team were salty as hell trying to kill me.

I usually do rush Linkens before even getting Boots actually, Shikuchi gives you all the emergency movespeed you need. I go for the mana rock as soon as possible to spam it all day and just try and farm my Linkens. Weaver just takes a little while to be good at anything.

Arcane boots or power treads on storm?

I usually do arcane

The consensus is treads unless you are having such a great start that you can rush bloodstone. I'm curious what everyone thinks of phase on storm spirit? The extra damage is nice plus the movement speed boost would help storm early on since you shouldn't really ball in from long distances.

Kade

Where is that?

Main Shop in your team's fountain (you can use the enemy's fountain too, if you're up for the challenge, that is, hehe). You can buy all the components for it (Staff of Wizardry, Null Talisman and of course, the Recipe) or buy it outright. You can also buy recipes for it to increase its power.

Jex

Whaaaaaaa

And it's for stuff like this that I'm finally glad that Valve implement a casual tips system, even though they really need make some seriously advanced tutorials/guides to cover stuff like creep/tower agro etc. I know plenty of people on the internet have covered it in depth but the game should be teaching you some of that stuff as well. I know it's a tricky balance to arrive at considering the huge skill disparity that players exhibit in a game like dota.

Raytow

Still baffling how this top pro teams can throw or get outdrafted(lol C9) so bad against "lesser" teams, do they even care or is just shit happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom