• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Can't help it. Despite how overused it is, someone always takes the bait and gets annoyed.

easiest game of my life

We don't usually taunt much when we win, but I have a friend who often says "gg wp, nice comeback" when we lose, especially to a stomp.

Almost always gets half the other team giving detailed reasons why it wasn't, and we get some laughs.

"EZ mid" is another one I see a lot. So cheesy when the guy saying it didn't pull his weight. :p

Chris R

So watching EE's stream I have a question.

What items can be stolen? He just picked up Axe's tranquil boots, and then destroyed them... Is gem the only item that can be stolen with full use transferred?

inkls

Go watch it and tell me how I could have won the game then. Because I honestly don't know. All you're going to do is sit there and make snarky remarks anyway.

Hitting their towers at least once would probably have helped, just judging from the dotabuff

inkls

With Pudge and his sick right clicks?

I never got a chance to get up and hit the towers without having to keep trying to kill the enemy heroes.

Thanks for specifying, I'll check the replay, but I still have a lower mmr than you do so I'm probably not the best for this kind of stuff, still, brb.

aeolist

Banned
wonder why morphling has been so popular lately when i don't think i've ever seen him really dominate

i mean he's OK but i seem to be seeing him a lot for a hero that's just OK

Quesa

wonder why morphling has been so popular lately when i don't think i've ever seen him really dominate

i mean he's OK but i seem to be seeing him a lot for a hero that's just OK

He was dominant during TI2, nerfed, then slowly buffed back up to speed since then.

Plus he's one of the heroes that everyone thinks they can pull off super sick playz with

Go watch it and tell me how I could have won the game then. Because I honestly don't know. All you're going to do is sit there and make snarky remarks anyway.

You could have picked a better lineup. That lineup is basically only good for hero kills and snowballing, which is made difficult by push heavy lineups. Radiance Terror Blade is the bane of my existance and Death Prophet can die in a fire for all I care, but picking 2 mids, a jungler, then a tank support and slow semi-support probably wasn't in your best interest. Huskar pick was probably the most ill advised.

This is rad:

Beyond the Summit announces "The Summit"; A Dota 2 tournament akin to the HomeStory Cup series.

Beyond the Summit is proud to announce plans to host "The Summit", our first ever Dota 2 offline tournament. From June 5-8, six of the best teams in the world will descend upon the BTS Studio and duke it out for a base prize pool of $50,000. Na'Vi and DK have been directly invited to the LAN Finals based on their outstanding performance in major tournaments over the past four months (Na'Vi in SLTV VII, Dreamleague, & SLTV VIII, and DK in WPC-ACE & G-League).

To fill the remaining four slots at the global LAN Finals, BTS will host online qualifiers across three major regions: America, Europe, & Asia. Qualifier play will begin in April and continue into early May. All teams attending the LAN Finals will receive substantial travel support. Additionally, 25% of all Dota 2 purchases for the event will go directly towards increasing the prize pool. More details on opportunities for fans to contribute to the prize pool through Dota 2 will be announced in the coming weeks.

For its first major live event, Beyond the Summit will venture into uncharted territory for Dota 2 by running more an intimate, "behind the scenes" style tournament from their studio house in Los Angeles. When players aren't actively competing, they will enjoy a much more active role in the broadcast than what is normally seen at a traditional live event. Ultimately, BTS wants to give players a platform to connect more directly with fans and to share the personalities, insight, & humor behind the names.

7053-summitheader.png

oh huh. looks like the mmr in the calibration matches is determined mostly by hero damage, so people pick tinker and go dagon, ethereal blade to farm mm points. free 6k for everyone!

inkls

Alright, so here are my impressions:

-You spent WAY too much time trying to gank weaver in the early game without even having dust and while the other team was pushing your bottom and mid lanes. By the time you got him your t1 mid was down and your t1 and t2 bot were gone.

-Your positioning left something to be desired, you kept hooking creeps in situations when moving just a few centimeters to the left or right would have guaranteed the hook.

-You never checked nature's prophet's items, or tried to gank him or terrorblade, they were the ones that did most of the pushing in the bot lane, but you were trying too much to gank weaver instead killing those that didn't have a linken's or invisibility (until nature's prophet was able to build a shadow blade unhindered). You never bought dust to try to kill him.

-You kept trying to hook terrorblade's illusions, you even ulted one.

-You were way too passive, you stood with your team pushing back waves in mid instead of trying to gank nature's prophet, you kept showing yourself on the minimap so the enemy team knew exactly where you were so they didn't have to fear your ganks most of the time.

-You died at least twice because you walked in the middle of DP's ult so you could try to right-click an enemy hero.

-When your team wiped the enemy team, you just stood inside the base while veno and lc were pushing mid.

-You ulted a creep instead of dp, didn't cancel it when you were right in the middle of her ult until you were 1/4th of your hp.

-You spent most of the mid-late game clearing creeps in your base

-You used your blink dagger to jump in the middle of team fights or in front of an enemy to try doing point blank hooks which you missed because you pretty much telegraphed to nature's prophet USE YOUR SHADOW BLADE before you hooked.

-You ignored alot of team fights to kill creeps in your base.

Just what I spotted.

Ketch

I dislike Crystal Maiden. She's so freaking slow.... and the ability to harass with Q is mediocre.

edit: Uhh yes, also I had ping issues... like real bad. I'm normally 5k mmr.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I dislike Crystal Maiden. She's so freaking slow.... and the ability to harass with Q is mediocre.

edit: Uhh yes, also I had ping issues... like real bad. I'm normally 5k mmr.

You don't harass with Q, you harass with W. Her W is close to broken right now with her mana regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom